• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

At least movie three has undeniable 8-A feats from all 3 of them, Bakugo’s may have been small town level, I forgot where I got it
You think that the EX: Catapult has potential? Like using the full size of the explosion and the cliff as reference (I mostly ask because I saw someone on another site put it at MCB combined and 8-B+ individual)

I did say to make Bakugo get a possibly rating for scaling to 45% Deku or at least 30%
Honestly even simply upscaling him past Gran Torino (Currently put as 28 tons of tnt) to 8-B+ seems fair at this point, given how unlike Gran Torino he doesn't, ya know, ******* die

Tbf not all of Shiggy’s attacks are 7-A. Some of his calced attacks were 8-B to 8-A
That’s just plain, and excuse my language, brain dead. He scales to All Might, and above Endeavor. He should just be straight up 7-A. For no reason should he have varying power because he doesn’t run off a source like OFA. Him knocking someone into a building and saying he’s 8-A is the equivalent of arguing that one NHE punching at Mirio and fragmenting the ground is 8-B

Last edited:
How is Bakugo scaling to Shigaraki anyway? He never got tagged by Shigaraki with raw strength.

So far: Endeavor got punched/kicked into Ryukyu.

Gran Torino got his leg crushed and stomach pierced.

Ryukyu had her hands pierced through.

Deku was elbowed and spit blood. But at this point we know for sure Shigaraki was not aiming to kill Deku.

Aizawa had his face clawed.

Even among the Near High-ends, Bakugo was not tagged.

The entire war arc he was only tagged and injured by Rivet Stab which is a quirk and not Shigaraki's raw strength + it's a piercing attack.

Power-wise, he managed to stun Shigaraki but the bulk of the damage was done by Endeavor. He could also stun and push away Near High-ends with his Cluster but he couldn't damage them.

So all in all, he doesn't really have a good way to scale him in war arc. He never outright injured anyone in the arc, and his injury came from a quirk with a piercing attack.

There isn't a direct way to compare him to other war arc characters apart from speed since that's what Hori focused on. AP-wise and durability-wise, it is all in the air.

How is Bakugo scaling to Shigaraki anyway? He never got tagged by Shigaraki with raw strength.

So far: Endeavor got punched/kicked into Ryukyu.

Gran Torino got his leg crushed and stomach pierced.

Ryukyu had her hands pierced through.

Deku was elbowed and spit blood. But at this point we know for sure Shigaraki was not aiming to kill Deku.

Aizawa had his face clawed.

Even among the Near High-ends, Bakugo was not tagged.

The entire war arc he was only tagged and injured by Rivet Stab which is a quirk and not Shigaraki's raw strength + it's a piercing attack.

Power-wise, he managed to stun Shigaraki but the bulk of the damage was done by Endeavor. He could also stun and push away Near High-ends with his Cluster but he couldn't damage them.

So all in all, he doesn't really have a good way to scale him in war arc. He never outright injured anyone in the arc, and his injury came from a quirk with a piercing attack.

There isn't a direct way to compare him to other war arc characters apart from speed since that's what Hori focused on. AP-wise and durability-wise, it is all in the air.
Who said Bakugo scales to Tomura???

If you’re talking about my statement I was talking about Gran Torino, who literally ate a punch to the gut from Tomura, who in the same panel busted Endeavor head some

Who said Bakugo scales to Tomura???
Then why bring up Tomura in a conversation about Bakugo's scaling?

When Shigaraki actually went for the kill, he easily crushed Torino's leg and punched right through his stomach.

I think it's pretty clear Shigaraki was not going for the kill from the very beginning till he started getting pushed in battle.

Leave alone gloating over Endeavor instead of just finishing him off, Rock Lock is the best example for this.

There is literally zero reason for Shigaraki to sidestep Rock Lock mid-charge when he could have run right through him and busted him apart like a tomato at the start of the battle. Same for Endeavor and even Torino who he just grazed or barely wounded.

But once his body started hitting his limits, he started getting more serious and Torino is the first casualty of a serious Shigaraki.

Casual Shigaraki - literally avoids Rock Lock when he could have bloodmisted him. Only wounds Endeavor so he can gloat over him. Grazes Torino and Endeavor but does not injure them.

Serious - crushes Torino's leg casually and donuts him with his bare fist. Punches straight through Ryukyu's dragon scales and pierces right through her arms. Makes Deku cough up blood with an elbow to the stomach. Almost takes off Aizawa's face.

Shigaraki is physically scaled at or above High-ends like Hood and we saw how Hood physically manhandled Endeavor. If he was serious from the get go, Endeavor would be down in a few hits. Shigaraki would only need to throw him through a few buildings and Endeavor would already be struggling.

Last edited:
Then why bring up Tomura in a conversation about Bakugo's scaling?
Because I can?
When Shigaraki actually went for the kill, he easily crushed Torino's leg and punched right through his stomach.
When Tomura was pushing beyond his limits and was desperate he defeated Gran Torino. Earlier he takes a punch to his gut and eats it, despite Endeavor head’s being like split open in the same scan.
I think it's pretty clear Shigaraki was not going for the kill from the very beginning till he started getting pushed in battle.
He literally tried to Decay Endeavor at the start.
Leave alone gloating over Endeavor instead of just finishing him off, Rock Lock is the best example for this.

There is literally zero reason for Shigaraki to sidestep Rock Lock mid-charge when he could have run right through him and busted him apart like a tomato at the start of the battle. Same for Endeavor and even Torino who he just grazed or barely wounded.
Who’s to say he would just run through him like a Tomato?
But once his body started hitting his limits, he started getting more serious and Torino is the first casualty of a serious Shigaraki.
Yeah, it’s stated that he was using more power so I don’t see ur point.
Half of every point you made is made around this notion that Shigaraki has suppressed himself billions of times, which literally makes no sense in a logical and narrative way.
He was seriously trying to get Deku and he even stated he wants to grab Deku and run away.

Do some of you experience amnesia and forget quirks exist when Nomu durability is brought up?

The quirks that can compete with shock absorption in terms of durability in MHA can be counted on one hand. Heck there are barely any.

Back