• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I'm not exactly in favor of calc stacking, but when the series itself is saying that the bullets at the very least have millions of joules worth of KE behind them, despite being so light-weight, I don't think ~1,422 m/s is an accurate representation of their velocity.
Yeah Mach 4 is really shaky, considering we have Deku at 5% weaving between bullets almost half that speed, but yet 45% gets tagged by it.

Official chapter released.

Danger Sense won’t activate for literal explosions as long as there is no intent to harm? Hmm. I guess the quirk reacts to emotions and intent rather than the concept of an object or event being dangerous.
We already saw the 4th's Danger Sense doesn't work that way, it reacts to everything unless we want to say Banjo truly intended to harm him.

Some scenes are just there to tell a joke. That's all.

Why are we seriously trying to gain something about danger sense from a gag scene where Iida literally says that the boobs were what caught him off guard
Iida just says he was ”caught unawares by the bosom!”, but that doesn’t mean we should ignore what’s canon.

Canonically, Danger Sense still didn’t activate. Danger Sense still activates in gag scenes; see Banjo trying to smack the 4th.

Iida just says he was ”caught unawares by the bosom!”, but that doesn’t mean we should ignore what’s canon.

Canonically, Danger Sense still didn’t activate. Danger Sense still activates in gag scenes; see Banjo trying to smack the 4th.
It’s a gag scene for Danger Sense to not activate specifically so they can joke about it not activating.

Are you going to argue that Mineta and Bakugo should have fourth wall awareness for interacting with the panels and saying things about character design?

Learn to discern jokes from actual feats please.

But the fact it didn’t activate is still canon, and it is consistent. Danger Sense didn’t activate when AFO blew up the mansion. Danger Sense seems to only catch people’s intent, not objects, since objects can’t have killing intent.

Made of Nagant’s hair, which are still “apart” of her. Even so, can you prove he’s sensing the bullets or her? She was in range of Danger Sense.

Also explain the mansion explosion. I guess Danger Sense just didn’t want to go off that time?
Why would he sense her for bullets coming from not her? And if you’re trying to make an argument that genetic material is the only thing that activates danger sense you’re going to need far more evidence. Also, that raises even more questions because you’re claiming that hair counts as a part of a person when it is removed, yet it being removed makes it not part of that person anymore. Unless you want to argue meaningless semantics with no basis in the story, your entire bullet argument is theoretical with no actual backing.

You mean the explosion he walked away from unscathed and that we barely saw any of? That explosion? Prove Danger Sense didn’t activate there and that’s how he got out of it with no difficulty.

Attempting to seriously find faults in Danger Sense from a gag scene, a convenient occurrence and an off screen explosion that you can’t even make any determinations off of, especially when nothing of this supposed limitation has been shown or explained by the story or characters themselves in full, is foolish.

The joke of the scene is that Hatsume’s breasts approaching didn’t trigger danger sense. The explosion isn’t even a factor about why it didn’t trigger. And if it doesn’t trigger for explosions all the time, why did he say he was off guard? Wouldn’t he know that explosions don’t trigger it? Why would he attribute being off guard to it not activating if intent is the only thing that ever matters? Are you saying Deku forgot how his own ability works? Or is he saying that if he’s on guard, that Danger Sense can sense danger with no intent?

Also, have you considered the explosion just doesn’t count as dangerous to him? We know that danger sense doesn’t activate if he isn’t actually in danger from attacks. The explosion could literally just be nothing to him so it didn’t activate, hence why he and Iida don’t care about the explosion and only refer to Hatsume’s breasts. Because the explosion is irrelevant, but her boobs in his face is, in gag-like fashion, considered a threat to teenage boys. Almost like it’s a god damn joke or something and not a topic to base an entire ability around.

When a rock falls on Deku’s head in a non-gag scene and Danger Sense doesn’t activate, we will address it not activating. Until such a time, it will remain as it is.

… because Nagant is the one who fired the bullets? And she had intent to harm him?? What is this logic??

Wait, you are saying Danger Sense won’t activate if something is “too weak” to harm him? When was THAT stated?? Why did danger sense activate from common ordinary citizens?? Why did the 4th’s danger sense activate to Banjo in a scene explicitly to show off how useful it is??

We have 2 scenes of Danger Sense not activating due to an explosion from devices. Danger Sense consistently reacts to HUMAN INTENT, not THE CONCEPT OF AN OBJECT BEING DANGEROUS.

“When a rock falls on Deku’s head in a non-gag scene and Danger Sense doesn’t activate, we will address it not activating. Until such a time, it will remain as it is.”

We literally have an explosion which destroys a mansion in which Danger Sense did not activate, yet you specifically say “a rock” as if a ROCK is more dangerous than a mansion destroying explosion. This is faulty logic.

… because Nagant is the one who fired the bullets? And she had intent to harm him?? What is this logic??

Wait, you are saying Danger Sense won’t activate if something is “too weak” to harm him? When was THAT stated?? Why did danger sense activate from common ordinary citizens?? Why did the 4th’s danger sense activate to Banjo in a scene explicitly to show off how useful it is??

We have 2 scenes of Danger Sense not activating due to an explosion from devices. Danger Sense consistently reacts to HUMAN INTENT, not THE CONCEPT OF AN OBJECT BEING DANGEROUS.
So you’re saying he senses intent from Nagant through her bullets location because they used to be part of her hair? That’s illogical unless you believe her hair is permanently tied to her identity or concept as a person even after being removed, which you can’t prove.

Class 1-A had no intent to harm him and were too weak to do so, so Danger Sense never activated. He ran face first into an ice wall and it didn’t activate, yet by your logic, the ice wall is a part of Todoroki so it should have activated. Or when Dark Shadow slammed him into a building and Danger Sense still didn’t activate. Or when Jirou tried to blast him with sound waves and Danger Sense didn’t activate.

Common civilians? You mean the villains he was trying to stop and were hurting other people? The ones that very clearly had the intent to cause harm? Those guys? It doesn’t matter how weak you are if you are intending to cause harm. It’s just the reverse for Class 1-A because they’re too weak to hurt him and don’t have intent.

The entire scene with Banjo and Hikage is showing Danger Sense responding to threats. I don’t see why it is being brought up when Banjo was intentionally being harmful to Hikage with his quirk because he got irritated. Nothing about that scene matters to your point.

Then you clearly didn’t read my point about those explosions. Read them again slowly and actually think about what I’m saying and don’t spaz out like you usually do.

No, I’m saying either he can sense the bullets since they’re still organic and are literally made from her, OR, more likely, he is sensing HER killing intent, since she is very nearby.
….

wot?
Since when does “if something is too weak, danger sense won’t activate” EVER a thing? Are you saying NORMAL ORDINARY UNTRAINED CIVILIANS are stronger than a mansion explosion and SHOTO TODOROKI + Class 1-A??

Yes, Danger Sense won’t activate if someone does not intend to harm him. I said that. What is your point?

“Then you clearly didn’t read my point about those explosions. Read them again slowly and actually think about what I’m saying and don’t spaz out like you usually do.”

Trying to insult me does not help your case. Do it again and I’ll report you.

I will wait for proof of “danger sense won’t activate if something is too weak”.

As it stands, we have 2 cases of Danger Sense not activating when there is no harmful intent to be sensed in range and the “danger” is being caused by an object and not a person. This is sufficient to warrant a weakness or clarification added to Deku’s profile: “Danger Sense won’t sense harmful objects” or ”Danger Sense senses harmful intent and emotions, not the concept of danger.”

Last edited:
Something consistently happens in the manga and is canon.

”Bruh it’s just your headcanon, we don’t care how much proof it has”

Nice to see some people on this thread is as reasonable as ever.

Provide a counter argument instead. Why isn’t Danger sense reacting to literal explosions? “Uhh, it just chose not to, it’s just a gag, it’s your headcanon” is not an argument.

No, I’m saying either he can sense the bullets since they’re still organic and are literally made from her, OR, more likely, he is sensing HER killing intent, since she is very nearby.
….

wot?
Since when does “if something is too weak, danger sense won’t activate” EVER a thing? Are you saying NORMAL ORDINARY UNTRAINED CIVILIANS are stronger than a mansion explosion and SHOTO TODOROKI + Class 1-A??

Yes, Danger Sense won’t activate if someone does not intend to harm him. I said that. What is your point?

“Then you clearly didn’t read my point about those explosions. Read them again slowly and actually think about what I’m saying and don’t spaz out like you usually do.”

Trying to insult me does not help your case. Do it again and I’ll report you.
Why would he sense HER killing intent from a different direction than she is? He got a danger sense reading from bullets in completely opposite directions from her. So he’s sensing the danger they present not her. If you want to claim that’s because they’re made out of her hair, then you’re trying to claim that organic material alone activated Danger Sense, which requires far more evidence than you’re attempting to use.

You didn’t read I see. Whether you’re weak or not is irrelevant if you are radiating the intent to harm, even if it’s not against Deku. That’s basic logic for Danger Sense that you apparently skipped.

I’m claiming if something isn’t harmful to him then it also won’t activate it. He stood point blank with a quirk based explosion from Nagant and Danger Sense didn’t activate. Your entire premise is that the explosions came from devices which is why he didn’t detect them. So what about that one?

I gave three examples of Class 1-A demonstrably making attacks against him, which didn’t activate danger sense despite clearly being harmful if he was weaker. That’s far more than what you’ve presented.

And now you’re threatening to report me because you got upset I said that you tend to freak out when put on the back foot and don’t read arguments properly? You’re just upset that I am clearly making sense and you are not. Waving a report over my head isn’t going to change that I’m being incredibly rational in what I’m saying.

Maybe if you actually fully read and addressed what I’m saying you wouldn’t be in distress suddenly.

Two— No, THREE explosions. No danger sense activations. Inanimate objects with no killing intent nearby have never set off danger sense. But sure, let’s all ignore canon.

Please provide an example of danger sense activating when there is no intent to harm whatsoever nearby and the source of danger comes from an inanimate object. Nagant’s bullets do not count, as Nagant is nearby and has intent to harm. Please pick another feat.

Funny you bring up Nagant’s explosion; further proving that ATTACKS THAT HAVE NO INTENT TO HARM, YET DEKU IS IN RANGE OF, WILL NOT SET OFF DANGER SENSE, since he can’t sense the intent and he can’t sense “the vague concept of danger”. The explosion DID harm him, even a little. Please don’t act like literal explosions to the face won’t set off danger sense. That makes 3 times now.

The fact Deku literally states danger sense won’t activate from his friends due to their lack of intent to harm, shows that danger sense senses HUMAN INTENT and EMOTIONS, not “the vague concept of danger”.

”And now you’re threatening to report me because you got upset I said that you tend to freak out when put on the back foot and don’t read arguments properly?”

No, because you said I “spaz out” from having a differing view from you. That’s disrespectful and unkind, reportable.

Two— No, THREE explosions. No danger sense activations. Inanimate objects with no killing intent nearby have never set off danger sense. But sure, let’s all ignore canon.

Please provide an example of danger sense activating when there is no intent to harm whatsoever nearby and the source of danger comes from an inanimate object. Nagant’s bullets do not count, as Nagant is nearby and has intent to harm. Please pick another feat.

Funny you bring up Nagant’s explosion; further proving that ATTACKS THAT HAVE NO INTENT TO HARM, YET DEKU IS IN RANGE OF, WILL NOT SET OFF DANGER SENSE, since he can’t sense the intent and he can’t sense “the vague concept of danger”. The explosion DID harm him, even a little. Please don’t act like literal explosions to the face won’t set off danger sense. That makes 3 times now.

The fact Deku literally states danger sense won’t activate from his friends due to their lack of intent to harm, shows that danger sense senses HUMAN INTENT and EMOTIONS, not “the vague concept of danger”.

”And now you’re threatening to report me because you got upset I said that you tend to freak out when put on the back foot and don’t read arguments properly?”

No, because you said I “spaz out” from having a differing view from you. That’s disrespectful and unkind, reportable.
Prove that explosion harmed him

You need to prove that all inanimate objects don’t set it off not me. You’re making the claim. You haven’t even proven anything about Nagant or addressed how he senses her bullets and not her specifically. You have no ground to say I can’t use her as an example because you know it’s a flaw in your argument.

Everything you’re claiming is theoretical, headcanon or just plain wrong from you not understanding what is occurring on panel. You have barely any context for most of the scenes, of your main pieces of evidence is a gag scene, the other is off screen and the other is quirk based and didn’t even harm him, which proves my point that if you’re too weak it doesn’t activate.

You haven’t addressed any of my actual arguments beyond Nagant or the explosions and are just being generally unreasonable and stubborn about your stance while misconstruing or flat out ignoring mine and waving report threats over me for saying something that you constantly do because you didn’t like the word I used, despite you being far more rude.

Either wait for something in the manga itself to confirm what you’re saying or keep shouting about it here. You haven’t provided anything near enough to change how Danger Sense works.

Cease both of you, or else you two will get reported
1f83c109-1a13-4b96-8e4a-54f93763b2ff_text.gif

Obviously we aren't in a battle arc so there aren't any action going on. Such slow arcs also mean less activity here but once the action picks up back again, everything will be full throttle.

this is a dumb question but for that hhs+ deku blitzing chisaki calc we're saying shockwaves deku makes are speed of sound

is there any evidence that's the case that the shockwaves he makes are at the speed of sound?

Last edited:
Back