• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Official art by Horikoshi. It’s official, and not stated to be non-canon, therefore is 100% canon.

This art implies DEKU, the reindeer in this situation, has the speed to allow the sled to travel to every residence on Earth in a single night, as that is what Santa does, and clearly the students are taking his place in this offical, canon art. This is a valid speed feat. Someone calc it. /s

He is literally carrying Christmas this year.

The same people who think Naruto characters are knive lvl fighters
It was like trying to argue with someone who was mentally deficient. So I just left the argument, trolled him, called him some names, and that was that. I don't argue with people once I learn that they'll never be convinced through rationality. It's a waste of time.

It was like trying to argue with someone who was mentally deficient. So I just left the argument, trolled him, called him some names, and that was that. I don't argue with people once I learn that they'll never be convinced through rationality. It's a waste of time.
Its best to just turn your brain off and walk away. These people probably dont even know whats is faster between a bullet and a explosion

The thing that annoys me a lot are the people who genuinely believe they could take out characters in a fight if they had a gun and their excuse is "well they are just regular humans with a single superpower." Even though they have dealt with guns and even bigger threats than that. I could go into a really long rant on the amount of downplay MHA receives but I don't want to get mad just by thinking about their arguments.

Last edited:
To be fair for the bullet feat, Nagant’s firing speed is astronomically higher than what we use for him actually blitzing it like that. It’s one of the heaviest but necessary downplays used for the verse.
It wouldn't call it necessary. You'd be better off just assuming a speed for the bullet instead of saying it's only 4 times the speed of sound. That's just flat-out inaccurate.

This is actually a genuine question; does it increase his reaction speed or just his movement speed?
If it didn’t increase his reaction time then he’d effectively be completely blind whenever he runs around at 100%.

But regardless, Base Deku was lolblitzed by Gran Torino so bad that he didn’t even finish talking before Torino was behind him about to kick him in the back. 5% Deku could actually turn around in an almost identical situation with an even more serious Torino. So obviously reaction time gets a boost.

Unless one wants to say Base Deku can react to Nagant’s bullets…

This is actually a genuine question; does it increase his reaction speed or just his movement speed?
Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Kirishima were statues to USJ Nomu and apart from Deku the rest don't have comprehensive statistics amplification quirks so obviously reaction speed can be increased through training as by war arc Bakugo for example can't be blitzed by Shigaraki or the High-ends.

However, I think the Gran Torino training fight does show that there is a considerable difference in reaction speed between base Deku and 5% Deku even when it comes to just perception of fast objects/people.

So ... a person who didn't want to create an account on the forum posted this to me on my message wall to see if it was accepted:

Yeah, I saw that you were making some MHA edits and were wondering if you could submit some for Suneater for the following categories:

'' '[[Attack Potency: Large Building level +' '' (As a member of the Big 3, he should be comparable to [[Mirio Togata | Mirio]]. Fat Gum also stated that his Quirk alone can outclass most Pro Heroes), likely '' 'higher' '' (He managed to fight and defeat three members of the Eight Bullets simultaneously)

'' '[[Speed]]:' '' '' 'Supersonic +' '' (Should be comparable to Mirio) with '' 'Hypersonic +' '' reactions and combat speed (Managed to fight three members of the Eight Bullets simultaneously)

'' '[[Durability]]:' '' '' 'Large Building level +' '' (Should be able to withstand the force of his own attacks), likely '' 'higher' '' (Managed to withstand multiple attacks from three members of the Eight Bullets)

'' '[[Stamina]]:' '' Very High (Managed to defeat three members of the Eight Bullets even after being severely injured by them. Should be superior to most high-ranking heroes in training and comparable to Mirio)

'' '[[Range]]:' '' Standard melee range, up to Several Meters via Manifest

After doing a quick review I think this has several problems, but since I'm not good at explaining myself I thought it would be better to ask in this thread

"Fat Gum also stated that his Quirk alone can outclass most Pro Heroes".

This is a mistake I wanted to correct, what Fat Gum actually stated is that Suneater is "more capable than anyone else here", which would include Deku, Kirishima and company. However I doubt we can use this for scaling, since it doesn't mean he is stronger than them.

And there's no reason for Suneater to be comparable to Mirio.

However, Suneater was able to inflict greater damage on the three members of the Eight Bullets than Aizawa, so he should be "At least 8-C, likely High 8-C" scaling above him.

I don't think so. He should already have Recipro Turbo if he already went through removing his mufflers which I assume he did.

He is also has more feats or at least moves in Vigilantes that he doesn't have in the main series.

There is also the position of his mufflers on his hands which just makes his quirk a bit different from Tenya's direct superspeed.

I don't know, I feel like their quirks are just very different cause of the muffler placement which makes Iida more fitted for running and Tensei for jumping around.

I think a new costume is definitely coming. His old one is already wrecked. I don't see Deku fighting the final battle in his UA gym uniform.

Though now I that I think about it, Deku might return to wearing his early manga light green with white lines pajama suit.

If the manga referenced the movies more, we might have gotten the WHM stealth suit but alas.

I feel like Bakugou and Iida should be upped to HHS+ due to being able to keep up with High Ends, and Bakugou was somewhat able to react to Shiggy after gaining condensed explosions

Back