• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The Near High-Ends are not HHS+, as only their strength was stated to be on par with Hood. And the doctor stated they were strong, with no mention of speed.

While it isn't impossible, best not to jump onto something until we have real confirmation.

However Bakugo being HHS+ with his new explosions is almost no doubt, as he was shown to keep up with Deku in training and was making him sweat. While that alone isn't enough, I think Bakugo being comparable to 45% in terms of speed is highly likely. Though he'll probably be slower.

I also feel Iida will have a clear reason to scale to HHS+ in the future. Though this is just speculation, obviously I don't know what is going to happen.

Shigaraki was massively weakened, nothing suggest he was still just as fast as before. Especially when his body was so weak that falling from that height was stated by AFO to be capable of killing him. That's also why Nejire and Todoroki aren't HHS+, as the Shigaraki they fought was nowhere near his normal self.

However Bakugo being HHS+ with his new explosions is almost no doubt, as he was shown to keep up with Deku in training and was making him sweat. While that alone isn't enough, I think Bakugo being comparable to 45% in terms of speed is highly likely. Though he'll probably be slower.

I also feel Iida will have a clear reason to scale to HHS+ in the future. Though this is just speculation, obviously I don't know what is going to happen.
I personally expect them to be still slower than 45% Deku but not with a very large margin. Iida IMO has the higher chance of being capable of keeping up with Deku, as that is his whole thing.

Of course this is just speculation. We will know how it is in the future.

Why would Bakugo scale to 45%, not 30%? 30% is his constant, 45% is for short bursts— and he isn’t wearing his gauntlets during that training session.

Even if you say “his solo adventure made him stronger and use 45% all the time now”, then where’s 60% in short bursts?

Why would Bakugo scale to 45%, not 30%? 30% is his constant, 45% is for short bursts— and he isn’t wearing his gauntlets during that training session.

Even if you say “his solo adventure made him stronger and use 45% all the time now”, then where’s 60% in short bursts?
Bakugo may not need his gauntlets anymore, his new cluster attacks are way stronger than anything his gauntlets have ever outputted.

Also, 45% is the new constant, as seen with Lady Nagant. I don't think Deku will unlock another percentage the final battle is very close, it doesn't seem wise to give him another percentage to use than just go straight to True 100%.

I was referring to Deku’s gauntlets.

The lady Nagant fight never said 45% was his constant, just that he WAS using 45% during the fight along with switching between all his quirks.

”Even though 45% is his new constant, he can’t use a new percentage because... uhhh arbitrary reasons!”

I was referring to Deku’s gauntlets.

The lady Nagant fight never said 45% was his constant, just that he WAS using 45% during the fight along with switching between all his quirks.

”Even though 45% is his new constant, he can’t use a new percentage because... uhhh arbitrary reasons!”
I’m sure it was discussed in another thread that 45% was the new constant for Deku

What do you mean by arbitrary? There has been no new hints for another percentage, the main goal right now is master OFA and unlock all the quirks.

I’m sure it was discussed in another thread that 45% was the new constant for Deku

What do you mean by arbitrary? There has been no new hints for another percentage, the main goal right now is master OFA and unlock all the quirks.
And being able to use a higher % doesn’t count as ”mastering OFA”…?

Basic logic: if 45% is his new constant, why cant he use 60%? Why NOT?? That’s a BIG jump in power, so why not use it?? Sounds PRETTY useful. Is he just going to be 45% at all times now and never stronger besides when using 100%??

There was a scene in the hospital where he compared 5% to 45% I believe.
Oh yea, I forgot about that.
And being able to use a higher % doesn’t count as ”mastering OFA”…?

Basic logic: if 45% is his new constant, why cant he use 60%? Why NOT?? That’s a BIG jump in power, so why not use it?? Sounds PRETTY useful. Is he just going to be 45% at all times now and never stronger besides when using 100%??
I don't see any other techniques OFA can offer anymore ngl at this point it's just the road to 100% and getting the last quirk unlocked which will most likely happen in the final battle.

He can't use 60% because there is no 60%. Deku is going to use 45% until he either gets a new key percentage or he uses True 100% OFA

“He can't use 60% because there is no 60%. Deku is going to use 45% until he either gets a new key percentage or he uses True 100% OFA”

what.

when 8% was his constant, he could boost to 20% without harming himself, for a short time.

When 30% was his constant, he could boost to 45% for a short time without harm.

But now at a 45% constant, the only number which exists above that is 100%? And he can’t boost to 60%?? Why?? That goes against literally everything about Deku and the way he uses OFA.

Sounds pretty arbitrary.

Can someone explain why we can’t calc stack for Deku’s bullet out speeding calc? Nagant’s bullets have a set speed, so if we apply the logic that it was on par with 45% and Faux 100% blitzed it, I don’t see why it doesn’t work

Can someone explain why we can’t calc stack for Deku’s bullet out speeding calc? Nagant’s bullets have a set speed, so if we apply the logic that it was on par with 45% and Faux 100% blitzed it, I don’t see why it doesn’t work
Wow! Using this instead of our current one would make Deku and the other god teirs MHS+ instead of Baseline MHS.

I found it under the comments of the blog

"Hey Therefir, what would Nagant bullet's speed be if we ignore calc stacking and instead base it on the fact that even her normal bullet can match 45% deku's speed from a kilometer away, and in turn how fast would that make 100% deku for outspeeding an enhanced version of said bullet. Not trying to argue an upgrade for the verse or anything, just genuinely asking"

"Nagant's bullets are 20,617.34 m/s or Mach 60.11 scaling from 45% Deku, if we were to add that to this calc:"

"(390.95*20617.34)/17.76 = 453848.48 m/s, Mach 1323.17 (Massively Hypersonic+)"

I think we should add this to the current calc. Deku going from Mach 60 to barely hitting Mach 100 makes no sense. Plus, we could possibly be getting sub rel in the future.

Last edited:
Wow! Using this instead of our current one would make Deku and the other god teirs MHS+ instead of Baseline MHS.

I found it under the comments of the blog

"Hey Therefir, what would Nagant bullet's speed be if we ignore calc stacking and instead base it on the fact that even her normal bullet can match 45% deku's speed from a kilometer away, and in turn how fast would that make 100% deku for outspeeding an enhanced version of said bullet. Not trying to argue an upgrade for the verse or anything, just genuinely asking"

"Nagant's bullets are 20,617.34 m/s or Mach 60.11 scaling from 45% Deku, if we were to add that to this calc:"

"(390.95*20617.34)/17.76 = 453848.48 m/s, Mach 1323.17 (Massively Hypersonic+)"

I think we should this to the current calc. Deku going from Mach 60 to barely hitting Mach 100 makes no sense. Plus, we could possibly be getting sub rel in the future.
Seems legit. It's not really calc stacking if this is what the series implies her bullets are capable of. I always thought that her bullets being a little over Mach 4 was a little stupid.

Literally missed the whole thread again
patrick-squidward.gif

Seems legit. It's not really calc stacking if this is what the series implies her bullets are capable of. I always thought that her bullets being a little over Mach 4 was a little stupid.
We’ll probably need some others to speak on this, but it makes sense to me.

Nagant’s bullets are Mach 60, and Deku massively blitzed them, and yet it only yields Mach 101? That’s why only using Mach 4 makes no sense

Official chapter released.

Danger Sense won’t activate for literal explosions as long as there is no intent to harm? Hmm. I guess the quirk reacts to emotions and intent rather than the concept of an object or event being dangerous.

Pretty sure there is like a 0 tolerance policy for calc stacking. Like, it is never used. Ever. Because it leads to inflated, possibly inconsistent results.

Unless there’s a way to calculate how fast her bullet was going in the scene that he blitzed it, and the calculated speed is higher than the default 1422 m/s speed used in the current calc, I highly doubt we’re gonna see a better speed tier.

Pretty sure there is like a 0 tolerance policy for calc stacking. Like, it is never used. Ever. Because it leads to inflated, possibly inconsistent results.

Unless there’s a way to calculate how fast her bullet was going in the scene that he blitzed it, and the calculated speed is higher than the default 1422 m/s speed used in the current calc, I highly doubt we’re gonna see a better speed tier.
But how is it calc stacking if her bullets are on par with 45% Deku's speed?

Why would we need to calc that specific bullet’s speed when her bullets consistently have a set speed? It’s an enhanced version, and the previous bullets were already keeping up with 45% Deku

But how is it calc stacking if her bullets are on par with 45% Deku's speed?
Because his speed is from a calc.

So it would be stacking the calc of his speed with the calc of him blitzing something that is his speed.
Why would we need to calc that specific bullet’s speed when her bullets consistently have a set speed? It’s an enhanced version, and the previous bullets were already keeping up with 45% Deku
Because it’s on our rules of calc stacking that we cannot assume velocity is the same at all points in time, and we cannot use predetermined calculations to further later calculations on the premise that they are going at the same speed.

So it would be stacking the calc of his speed with the calc of him blitzing something that is his speed.
“His speed” is in two different variables, 45% and 100%. I have a big issue with the fact that Deku’s power exponentially increases with his percentages, but he doesn’t even get 2x faster from 45% to 100%.

“His speed” is in two different variables, 45% and 100%. I have a big issue with the fact that Deku’s power exponentially increases with his percentages, but he doesn’t even get 2x faster from 45% to 100%.
Yes, it isn’t a good portrayal of the actual difference in speed between his percentages. This is also the case with his AP.

However, calc stacking is not the proper way to address this. Best we have is waiting for the anime or more speed feats.

That is exactly calc stacking, which is not allowed.

"Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used, as characters and attacks can vary in speed. This is the case regardless of whether the character is seriously trying to do his best or anything similar."

Making Nagant's Bullet Speed Mach 60 is incorrect as that results come from a calculation. It isn't even her calculation either. Mach 60 isn't a stated speed, but something gotten via a calculation.

"Character A has a certain speed through a calculation. He can not dodge the projectiles from character B from 2 meter distance. But Character C can dodge them from 1 meter distance, so character C has to be twice as fast as character A."

In this case Character B and C are both Izuku, 45% and Faux 100%. Nagant gets her speed via scaling to someone, who scales to a calculation. Faux 100% can move X amount of times faster than her bullets. So Faux 100% is a X amount of times faster than the calculation Nagant's bullets scale to.

The wiki doesn't allow this stuff.

"Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used, as characters and attacks can vary in speed.
Why would they vary in speed if we can already know that Nagant shot an enhanced (literally STATED to be enhanced) bullet that should logically be superior to the ones that tagged Deku?

The rest makes sense though

Why would they vary in speed if we can already know that Nagant shot an enhanced (literally STATED to be enhanced) bullet that should logically be superior to the ones that tagged Deku?
Logically it should be faster, they're not refuting that. It's solely for the sake of not getting inflated statistics/results. That's why they bolded this part:
This is the case regardless of whether the character is seriously trying to do his best or anything similar.

That is exactly calc stacking, which is not allowed.

"Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used, as characters and attacks can vary in speed. This is the case regardless of whether the character is seriously trying to do his best or anything similar."

Making Nagant's Bullet Speed Mach 60 is incorrect as that results come from a calculation. It isn't even her calculation either. Mach 60 isn't a stated speed, but something gotten via a calculation.

"Character A has a certain speed through a calculation. He can not dodge the projectiles from character B from 2 meter distance. But Character C can dodge them from 1 meter distance, so character C has to be twice as fast as character A."

In this case Character B and C are both Izuku, 45% and Faux 100%. Nagant gets her speed via scaling to someone, who scales to a calculation. Faux 100% can move X amount of times faster than her bullets. So Faux 100% is a X amount of times faster than the calculation Nagant's bullets scale to.

The wiki doesn't allow this stuff.
Deku compared them to a Howitzer though in terms of KE. Do you honestly think that it's correct to assume that they're traveling at Mach 4? That's ridiculous, especially for how lightweight they are. You don't need a calculation to realize that canonically, these bullets would be capable of traveling dozens of times faster than the speed of sound.

Deku compared them to a Howitzer though in terms of KE. Do you honestly think that it's correct to assume that they're traveling at Mach 4? That's ridiculous, especially for how lightweight they are. You don't need a calculation to realize that canonically, these bullets would be capable of traveling dozens of times faster than the speed of sound.
I feel like having a high end / mid end / low end would solve this problem, or we could at least determine plugging in how fast such a lightweight bullet would need to move to generate Howitzer Impact levels of AP (which has been calced at like 8-A to Low 7-C iirc)

I feel like having a high end / mid end / low end would solve this problem, or we could at least determine plugging in how fast such a lightweight bullet would need to move to generate Howitzer Impact levels of AP (which has been calced at like 8-A to Low 7-C iirc)
It's not a howitzer impact. It's a howitzer in the context of artillery fire. The original Japanese fan translation described it as "high-angle fire." Which just so happens to qualify for the U.S military's definition of a howitzer. Those are usually 9-A.

We can use this information to argue that it's not calc stacking. It's only calc stacking if you use a previous calculation from a separate event/time to get the speed of a projectile (Or just anything really) and get reaction speed out of it. But we know that each bullet is always at least as strong as a howitzer, meaning if we were to make a blog showcasing this, and calculated the speed of the last bullet via its KE (Which is greater than each previous shot which was stated to be comparable to a howitzer), we should be able to get the speed of the bullet in the bullet blitzing feat and get Izuku's speed from that.

I have a calculator for this stuff, so I'll just plug in a few things to get the bullets' speed.

From a google search, the most common or used rifle round is a .22 caliber.

The average mass for a hyper-velocity.22 caliber rifle is 1.9 to 2.1 grams. Using an average of 2, and using the baseline for 9-A on vs wiki (Since Earthyboy stated they're usually 9-A, but didn't give any specific numbers, the baseline is a safe lowball), that being 2.092x10^7 Joules, and using this calculator we get a result of 144,637.477 m/s (A little over 421x the speed of sound).

This would yield insane results.

Edit:

Plugged the velocity of the bullet from above into the calculation and it resulted in a speed of 3,509,995 m/s, or Mach 10,233, or Sub-Relativistic (1.1% light speed).

Last edited:
The average mass for a hyper-velocity.22 caliber rifle is 1.9 to 2.1 grams. Using an average of 2, and using the baseline for 9-A on vs wiki (Since Earthyboy stated they're usually 9-A, but didn't give any specific numbers, the baseline is a safe lowball), that being 2.092x10^7 Joules, and using this calculator we get a result of 144,637.477 m/s (A little over 421x the speed of sound).
Actually pixel-scaling the bullet would get you results around 40 grams, assuming that its density is comparable to that of Lead. You could argue that they're made of Epoxy Putty (because Snipe says the material is similar), but you can just play it safe.

Actually pixel-scaling the bullet would get you results around 40 grams, assuming that its density is comparable to that of Lead. You could argue that they're made of Epoxy Putty (because Snipe says the material is similar), but you can just play it safe.
That would drop the speed down to 32,341.9 m/s, or a little over mach 94 for the bullets speed. Making Izuku's feat 784,858 m/s, or Mach 2288 (Massively Hypersonic+).

This isn’t particularly unreasonable since the bullets were superior to 45%, and the calc stack also yielded MHS+
I'm not exactly in favor of calc stacking, but when the series itself is saying that the bullets at the very least have millions of joules worth of KE behind them, despite being so light-weight, I don't think ~1,422 m/s is an accurate representation of their velocity.

Back