• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I still don't remember it being concretely said that he exclusively uses 45% throughout the arc.

I still don't remember it being concretely said that he exclusively uses 45% throughout the arc.
There is this panel of Deku comparing his usage of 5% with his 45%, which was right before he left the hospital. And then in his battle with Lady Nagant he never even mentions 30%, he was at 45% the whole time.
Villain_Hunt_Deku%27s_Power.png

However, All Might did gave Deku the Mid-Guantlets, implying that he needs them for his 45%, but that still doesn't solve the issue of Deku not using 30% in that saga, and the gauntlets could simply be for protection more than anything else.
I mean he did use it in the war arc during the start and then just stopped using 30%.
Deku's current key is for the Villain Hunt Arc specifically. As TheRusty said, putting 30% in the Villain Hunt Arc is like putting 8% in the Endeavor Agency arc. Deku doesn't use those percentages in those arcs.

Deku barely even used 30% in the Paranormal Liberation War actually.

Last edited:
From way back then when Rise of Villains saga started, Class 1-A got overshadowed by newly introduced characters like Mirio and Hawks.
You neglect to mention Best Jeanist. A supposedly top-ranked hero who'd have likely served an excellent mentor to a handful of Class 1-A kids like Bakugo and Yaoyorozu, and was a character established since the very beginning, wound up with less characterization than most newly established characters in the series (even the recent ones like Lady Nagant.) Largely because he ended up getting kidnapped by a comparatively new character, Hawks, and vanished for what felt like the next third of the whole series. Even now, late into the series, not a lot is done with him to make me genuinely interested in him anymore.

Even Vigilantes, a manga that gave platform to heroes like Midnight, Mirko, Ingenium, and Aizawa gave him and Edgeshot virtually nothing besides a couple of cool scenes.

Hilariously, the one other time out of the two scenes Jeanist would have been able to show his stuff he gets pushed out of the story by Six's trap.

Last edited:
You neglect to mention Best Jeanist. A supposedly top-ranked hero who'd have likely served an excellent mentor to a handful of Class 1-A kids like Bakugo and Yaoyorozu, and was a character established since the very beginning, wound up with less characterization than most newly established characters in the series (even the recent ones like Lady Nagant.) Largely because he ended up getting kidnapped by a comparatively new character, Hawks, and vanished for what felt like the next third of the whole series. Even now, late into the series, not a lot is done with him to make him genuinely interested in him anymore.

Even Vigilantes, a manga that gave platform to heroes like Midnight, Mirko, Ingenium, and Aizawa gave him and Edgeshot virtually nothing besides a couple of cool scenes.

Hilariously, the one other time out of the two scenes Jeanist would have been able to show his stuff he gets pushed out of the story by Six's trap.
Yeah, so what? He's a side character. There are other characters that could fill that role. If you want to start complaining about characters disappearing and then reaparing hundreds of chapters later... Idk what to tell you, this has happened for years. Because a lot of the characters in MHA are side characters who exist to fulfill certain roles. That's nothing new in fiction.

Yeah, so what? He's a side character. There are other characters that could fill that role. If you want to start complaining about characters disappearing and then reaparing hundreds of chapters later... Idk what to tell you, this has happened for years. Because a lot of the characters in MHA are side characters who exist to fulfill certain roles. That's nothing new in fiction.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. Even then, I still feel that he should have gotten a somewhat bigger role in the story besides getting shat on by villains, kidnapped by a hero stronger than him for like ninety chapters, managing to make himself look cool in a spoonful of fight scenes, and mentoring Bakugo for what was barely half a chapter long. You'd think a top 3 pro hero would have gotten at least a little bit, just a tiny bit, more than that at this point. Maybe Hori still has plans for this guy, and I'm still somewhat open for that possibility but what happened to him so far gives me a sour taste in my mouth together with his other faults.

Can someone calc:
Shiggy flying 50km in a short period of time
Bakugou’s howitzer in the movie
Todoroki’s massive ice wall against Mr Compress
All For One destroying a city in the OVA
Infinite 100% Deku’s barrage speed against Overhaul

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Even then, I still feel that he should have gotten a somewhat bigger role in the story besides getting shat on by villains, kidnapped by a hero stronger than him for like ninety chapters, managing to make himself look cool in a spoonful of fight scenes, and mentoring Bakugo for what was barely half a chapter long. You'd think a top 3 pro hero would have gotten at least a little bit, just a tiny bit, more than that at this point. Maybe Hori still has plans for this guy, and I'm still somewhat open for that possibility but what happened to him so far gives me a sour taste in my mouth together with his other faults.
Not really

Can someone calc:
Shiggy flying 50km in a short period of time
Timeframe is unknown and it took several panels for him to get there. Highballing it to 1s would give 50,000 m/s but that’s not even 3x faster than his current rating. It’s also been agreed that 50km isn’t accurate for several reasons I’m not gonna repeat. But realistically (not rly) a timeframe of 5s would be used which is 10km per second or 10,000 m/s.
Bakugou’s howitzer in the movie
We were gonna wait for the Blue ray release before calcing anything.
Todoroki’s massive ice wall against Mr Compress
No point
All For One destroying a city in the OVA
We don’t have anything for references iirc. Just call it city level lmao.
Infinite 100% Deku’s barrage speed against Overhaul
Only the anime version would be fast, still would be slower than his current ratings.
If you highball to 50 punches and say the shockwaves were 20m in length that would be 1,000m.
Since he blitz Overhaul use Superhuman perception.
1,000/.08=12,500 m/s. And that’s while highballing the shit out of the feat.

Last edited:
Best Jeanist be like ima get one shotted by a casual AFO just to come back and contend someone stronger than a serious afo

Last edited:
Something that's to take into consideration is this;

OjaDJRC.png

These lines from the databook might not seem impressive, or any of All Might's leaps for that matter, but once you realize that air resistance plays a large part in the velocity of an object moving through the air, especially one at supersonic velocities... Yeah, All Might traveling kilometers at a time in a single leap pretty much suggests that he's at least a dozen or so times faster than sound, even when being casual.

I might do the math for this later once I feel motivated. And yes, I know we're picking about using data books to scale characters in MHA, but honestly? All Might has some of the most consistent stats across the databooks, and this is more of a statement about his power rather than an inaccurate statistic.

Something that's to take into consideration is this;

OjaDJRC.png

These lines from the databook might not seem impressive, or any of All Might's leaps for that matter, but once you realize that air resistance plays a large part in the velocity of an object moving through the air, especially one at supersonic velocities... Yeah, All Might traveling kilometers at a time in a single leap pretty much suggests that he's at least a dozen or so times faster than sound, even when being casual.

I might do the math for this later once I feel motivated. And yes, I know we're picking about using data books to scale characters in MHA, but honestly? All Might has some of the most consistent stats across the databooks, and this is more of a statement about his power rather than an inaccurate statistic.
Theres a databook? Didn't know one existed. Do you have a link to the full one?

@TimmyTurnero; your response isn't needed. Just listen for once and accept the warning. If you can't do that much and listen to staff, then you don't belong on this forum.

How strong is shigaraki compared to all might right now? I'm curious because as of right now currently he has some insane statements and feats.

How strong is shigaraki compared to all might right now? I'm curious because as of right now currently he has some insane statements and feats.
Well considering his face got ****** by star’s punch and star is “incomparable” to All Might, and he’s even stated to be weaker than All Might, I’d say he isn’t that strong compared to Am

He is about as strong as USJ All Might given his comparison with USJ Nomu and the other High-End Nomus.

Back