• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Why make it look like Toga was abandoned by AFO and the LoV when she was going to come back to them anyway?

Why haven't Deku and Uraraka spoken up even a little after she gave her speech defending him? Why did she go to sleep? Did she get tired of yelling? For god's sake Deku hadn't slept in weeks and yet he went to sleep after her.

This feels rushed and the last thing I wanted to see was an inconsequential traitor, a plot that we even thought it was abandoned until this week.

Last edited:
Does anybody know how to connect your vs battle account to the fandom because I want to comment on a blog, and it won't let me

Well she wasn't really abandoned by them in the first place. She ran off on her own whim to have a convo with Ochaco.

Well she wasn't really abandoned by them in the first place. She ran off on her own whim to have a convo with Ochaco.
Spinner: "Hang on, Shigaraki! What about Compress, and Machia?! Toga is out there too-"
AFO: "Enough Iguchi, Tomura has lost... to One For All and Endeavor. It's only right that he pays for that lost. All for my sake."

Here AFO says that he will not rescue Shigaraki's companions because he lost the battle, and that his friends would be the price of his loss.

And then we just have her with AFO like nothing happened.

Spinner: "Hang on, Shigaraki! What about Compress, and Machia?! Toga is out there too-"
AFO: "Enough Iguchi, Tomura has lost... to One For All and Endeavor. It's only right that he pays for that lost. All for my sake."

Here AFO says that he will not rescue Shigaraki's companions because he lost the battle, and that his friends would be the price of his loss.

And then we just have her with AFO like nothing happened.
Lmfao. A plot point that would have been extremely important for Shiggy's character growth and his relationship with AFO had been tossed into a swamp.

ok so 1.Toga ,Horikoshi really dropped the whole plot of toga running away from the league, 2.Nobody cares about Twices death apparently, 3. We could have gotten a whole mini arc with the students training and could have fleshed out their feeling about war and stuff
1) Kind of forgot Toga was away from the L.O.V. I do think that Hori could have taken the opportunity and have her go solo so we'd get a little bit of extra depth to her personality. Hell, he should have had her attend the gathering at U.A. and witnessed Ochaco's speech to everyone about Izuku's despair and get her perspective on what's happening. She could, even, have run into Stain when he was away from All Might. So yeah, I agree with you there.

2) I already made my stance on it and bears little repeating.

3) I agree, absolutely. This is another example of Horikoshi missing the chance to develop his side characters. I get that Deku is important, but so are his classmates. The chapters where they did their best to get him back to U.A. attempt to present them as folks who are essential to Midoriya regaining stability in his life. I say attempt because I have had a handful problems with how they dealt with Class 1-A's relationship with Deku after the Cultural Festival. In this chapter, Hori chose to have them mention that they were training the whole time rather than actually bring their experiences and perspective to light. There's a common phrase when it comes to this: show, don't tell.

We have no clue how they felt about society collapsing around them, about the swathes of heroes who decided to quit and them wondering if they should stop too, about whether they felt comfortable with Endeavor being a hero at all, or even them discussing in length how they felt about Izuku leaving them behind. So many things were scrubbed out of the way to provide a shorter, more simplistic story that, while very far from "bad," makes certain aspects of the story feel very unearned and bizarre such as Jirou thanking Izuku for that time he lent her a pen when she was trying to convince him that he should calm down when he was trying to save society from tearing itself apart at the seams. Almost as though the two never spoke with one another after the fact. These are just a few examples, but they definitely show Kohei's problem with developing side characters in a meaningful way.
spongebob-squarepants-patrick-star.gif

Right now it's pointless to be expecting anything emotional from Shiggy towards the league when so much of his mind has been taken over by AFO. We know Hori treats Shiggy as an MC so hopefully one day he will be free of AFO but right now it's pointless to expect him to react emotionally towards Twice or Toga when most of AFO-araki's personality seems to be more of AFO than Tomura.

I also have to ask, If you have a quirk, does that mean you have 2 consciousnesses in your hypothetical vestige world? Your true mind and your quirk's vestige.

Cause I was thinking the Tomura we saw in Shigaraki's mind could represent his true repressed consciousness while the version of Shiggy fusing with AFO is a vestige representing Decay.

It would kinda make sense why AFO the quirk vestige could fuse with that version of Shigaraki.

Also with Deku, there's only one version of him since he is quirkless.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

I also have to ask, If you have a quirk, does that mean you have 2 consciousnesses in your hypothetical vestige world? Your true mind and your quirk's vestige.

Cause I was thinking the Tomura we saw in Shigaraki's mind could represent his true repressed consciousness while the version of Shiggy fusing with AFO is a vestige representing Decay.

It would kinda make sense why AFO the quirk vestige could fuse with that version of Shigaraki.

Also with Deku, there's only one version of him since he is quirkless.

Anyway, it's just a thought.
Don't think so they always been displayed as just a copy it's not like you have a another self in your self, it's like how there is an original file but there are copy files that doesn't mean the file is in itself

Alright I read through all of MHA: Vigilantes so far. Just gonna wait for the English version for Chapter 114.

the perfect moment was when uraraka delivered her speech but nah hori made her go to bed
When there are not a million other things going on and when the students aren't mentally exhausted?

Dont worry guys everything that we rushed over or skipped will be in movies :)
Important plot points such as these are never skipped and then edited into movies. Stop kidding yourself.

Lmfao. A plot point that would have been extremely important for Shiggy's character growth and his relationship with AFO had been tossed into a swamp.
The LOV haven't even had screentime for the past dozen or so chapters. Why the hell are you assuming that Horikoshi has forgotten about Spinner or his potential as a character?

The LOV haven't even had screentime for the past dozen or so chapters. Why the hell are you assuming that Horikoshi has forgotten about Spinner or his potential as a character?
What? Uhm... you answered your own question.

Also, what?

By the way, I just realized you can put colors on your text. That's so neat.

Not really. The LOV haven't had screen-time because of several ongoing events. One of them involves the USA dropping a ******* nuke on Shigaraki. Now isn't the time to give them screen time.
I think it is time, though. We're still sort of uncertain about how Spinner feels about all this—not that I cared much for his development—and especially with AFO taking the reins while Shiggy more or less reverts to his old self 320 chapters ago who whines and complains when he loses to a number one hero. I don't know how you felt when he threw his tantrum, but I felt it was a bit awkward how his character development went in full circle.

I don't think I'd need to remind folks that we still have zero updates on Toga. Nto saying we should get ten chapters of them, but we should at least get something more from out of it.

I think it is time, though. We're still sort of uncertain about how Spinner feels about all this—not that I cared much for his development—and especially with AFO taking the reins while Shiggy more or less reverts to his old self 320 chapters ago who whines and complains when he loses to a number one hero. I don't know how you felt when he threw his tantrum, but I felt it was a bit awkward how his character development went in full circle.

I don't think I'd need to remind folks that we still have zero updates on Toga. Nto saying we should get ten chapters of them, but we should at least get something more from out of it.
Literally, all of this can be disregarded because Horikoshi simply wants to cover other events before getting to the LOV or Toga. You're too impatient.

Literally, all of this can be disregarded because Horikoshi simply wants to cover other events before getting to the LOV or Toga. You're too impatient.
If Hori had the audacity to shoehorn in the U.A. traitor reveal, I doubt he had little time to lead in to just one villain's point of view next chapter and then move on to other stuff.

“When there are not a million other things going on and when the students aren't mentally exhausted?”

It’d be nice if Horikoshi actually showed their mental exhaustion MORE instead of… the bath chapter… and the students happily implying a culture festival: 2… and the general feeling that they’re barely any different. They had 1 crying scene about Midnight, then one panel in the hospital, and now they’re honky-dory and still the same, just SLIGHTLY more reserved than before.

I’m still salty that the only scars anyone got in THE WAR were a few, tiny, insignificant scars easily hidden under their clothing and hero outfits. Only Aizawa got the brunt end of the stick, and Torino. A little bit of Endeavor but he’s already back up and fighting with no apparent drawback. Deku still looks identical as ever.

Last edited:
Wait, normal people and some cameramen can watch, and percieve, Koichi and Six fighting?

Hmmmm. Something don’t add up here. I guess they slow down enough for them to watch, but there’s no evidence for that really.

Back