• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Well, there is the weird thing about the Nomu being up in the air instead of down in the crater. If Star and Stripe punched the Nomu downwards, wouldn't the force of the punch and the explosion being above it keep the Nomu down?
This is actually a fair point, it should've been in the crater but it wasn't... I don't think it had the power to jump up again either. We see the Nomu falling down as Shigaraki goes up, so yeah it wasn't in the crater at all.

This is actually a fair point, it should've been in the crater but it wasn't... I don't think it had the power to jump up again either. We see the Nomu falling down as Shigaraki goes up, so yeah it wasn't in the crater at all.
While it's really difficult to know for certain from the presentation in the manga (anime might make it clearer) it looks to me like Star and Stripe punched the missiles into the ocean, and the Nomu would have been no more than a couple dozen meters above the ocean's surface anyway, so it's not like Star and Stripe was "missing" her target.

1. That's straight up incorrect. It's not even half its size and the width is unknown. Assuming it's spherical is wank and contradicts the results you get by calcing the aftermath
Umm what? Yes it is, and that doesn't even include the explosion going beyond the screen. The anime is in 2D, so trying to argue the depth of the explosion is pointless, but we saw how the explosion reached the POV anyway, and the burden of proof is on you to show that the depth of the explosion is not similar to its width. I already asked the very people who created some of these formulas and in this case it is perfectly fine to use the explosion airburst formula, and what aftermath do you mean? The storm dispersion? We get even higher results using that.

2. That's too incorrect. I used highest water content and got City results.
I really, really want to see how the hell did you got City level yields when absolutely no one here got results lower than Mountain level even while using the old measurements.

I will leave my calc here using the lowest cloud density, now please show us your City level calculation.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/Heroes_Rising:_Cloud_Dispersal_(Lowest-End)

Umm what? Yes it is, and that doesn't even include the explosion going beyond the screen. The anime is in 2D, so trying to argue the depth of the explosion is pointless, but we saw how the explosion reached the POV anyway, and the burden of proof is on you to show that the depth of the explosion is not similar to its width. I already asked the very people who created some of these formulas and in this case it is perfectly fine to use the explosion airburst formula, and what aftermath do you mean? The storm dispersion? We get even higher results using that.

I really, really want to see how the hell did you got City level yields when absolutely no one here got results lower than Mountain level even while using the old measurements.

I will leave my calc here using the lowest cloud density, now please show us your City level calculation.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/Heroes_Rising:_Cloud_Dispersal_(Lowest-End)
I once got multi continental

While it's really difficult to know for certain from the presentation in the manga (anime might make it clearer) it looks to me like Star and Stripe punched the missiles into the ocean, and the Nomu would have been no more than a couple dozen meters above the ocean's surface anyway, so it's not like Star and Stripe was "missing" her target.
It still rather strange for her not to hit it directly, since she is trying to kill him and wouldn't hold back or do that on purpose. Since hitting him directly would do far more damage. I don't know why she wouldn't want to hit him. If she did "miss", it'd be because she couldn't hit him right?

Maybe she lack that kind of control? Either way I'd like to see what other people think, because if she didn't hit the Near High-End directly that means no one scales to the missiles at all.

There's absolutely no reason to assume she missed her target, the fighter jets held the Nomu in place with their lasers and Star punched the missiles directly into the Nomu's location and into the ocean. If the jets can accurately hit a moving Nomu with their lasers, I find it really hard to believe Star would miss the Nomu.

The Nomu was in the air because the explosion hit the ocean and not the ground underneath it.

There's absolutely no reason to assume she didn't hit her target, the fighter jets held the Nomu in place with their lasers and Star punched the missiles directly into the Nomu's location and into the ocean. If the jets can accurately hit a moving Nomu with their lasers, I find it really hard to believe Star would miss the Nomu.

The Nomu was in the air because the explosion hit the ocean and not the ground underneath it.
This is very correct in fact they are sure they hit him that’s why horikoshi pulled a reverse card cuz they hit their target and we are to believe they hit it, it just turned out that the target wasn’t shigaraki that’s all

There's absolutely no reason to assume she didn't hit her target, the fighter jets held the Nomu in place with their lasers and Star punched the missiles directly into the Nomu's location and into the ocean. If the jets can accurately hit a moving Nomu with their lasers I find it really hard to believe Star would miss the Nomu.

The Nomu was likely in the air because the explosion hit the ocean and not the ground underneath it, or it simply bounced due to force.
I don't know how any of this works, so I'll let other people sort that out.

It still rather strange for her not to hit it directly, since she is trying to kill him and wouldn't hold back or do that on purpose. Since hitting him directly would do far more damage. I don't know why she wouldn't want to hit him. If she did "miss", it'd be because she couldn't hit him right?

Maybe she lack that kind of control? Either way I'd like to see what other people think, because if she didn't hit the Near High-End directly that means no one scales to the missiles at all.
It's difficult to prove she didn't hit him directly with the missiles to the face, but aside from just assuming it seems difficult to prove that the missiles hit directly too.

Personally I'm not really interesting in touching the topic in a CRT and will see in a couple years if the anime makes it any clearer.

Nonsense. There'd be no reason for Cathleen, the U.S.A's number one hero and was trying to kill Tomura once and for all, to fail to hit the Nomu which replaced him and was pinned down by lasers. The Nomu could have been in the air for any reason, even plot convenience for all we'd know.

We should just wait for the anime so it can make an explanation for how this happened, but even then I'm very much convinced the Nomu was hit directly.

It's difficult to prove she didn't hit him directly with the missiles to the face, but aside from just assuming it seems difficult to prove that the missiles hit directly too.

Personally I'm not really interesting in touching the topic in a CRT and will see in a couple years if the anime makes it any clearer.
I think it falls more in evidence that it did hit because it didn’t try to change our minds that it hit but make us see that it hit but then realize it hit the wrong target that’s why they say he used the nomu as a “decoy”

You’ve been going on about this for, what, three pages now?
That's incorrect. I am arguing a different point.

I used vaporization and used 2 cylinders. The first cylinder with a bigger width and one with a smaller. You applied the same width to the total height while we see a few frames after that for the part further up the width of the hole was smaller. You also used the diameter for the distance moved even though from center they would only need to move the radius. Plus you used the frames to calc timeframe which is highly inconsistent. By the same logic you could downscake any lightning or laser attack by an absurd amount. Timeframe and distance moved are Inaccurate and I think vaporization makes more sense.
1. The first cylinder has a radius of 15000 meters and height 18000 meters. Formula for cylinder one is 15000^2 times pi times 18000 now multiply by 3 to get grams per cubic meter as the highest water contend. Now times 2500 for vaporization of 1 gram of water in joules. And now divide by 4 billion for tnt tons. Then calculate cylinder two. The dispersed part has a width of 2 times that of the island as I calced ( tho I don't know how to send pictures) and must have a height of roughly 15km. Apply same method and we get 30 megatons of tnt divide by two for each person. 15 megatons beigf city level and consistent with the other God tiers rather than scaling everyone up by a tier.

That's incorrect. I am arguing a different point.

I used vaporization and used 2 cylinders. The first cylinder with a bigger width and one with a smaller. You applied the same width to the total height while we see a few frames after that for the part further up the width of the hole was smaller. You also used the diameter for the distance moved even though from center they would only need to move the radius. Plus you used the frames to calc timeframe which is highly inconsistent. By the same logic you could downscake any lightning or laser attack by an absurd amount. Timeframe and distance moved are Inaccurate and I think vaporization makes more sense.
1. The first cylinder has a radius of 15000 meters and height 18000 meters. Formula for cylinder one is 15000^2 times pi times 18000 now multiply by 3 to get grams per cubic meter as the highest water contend. Now times 2500 for vaporization of 1 gram of water in joules. And now divide by 4 billion for tnt tons. Then calculate cylinder two. The dispersed part has a width of 2 times that of the island as I calced ( tho I don't know how to send pictures) and must have a height of roughly 15km. Apply same method and we get 30 megatons of tnt divide by two for each person. 15 megatons beigf city level and consistent with the other God tiers rather than scaling everyone up by a tier.
Yo u are simply just wrong , what are you even doing?

... Vaporization? What? We literally see the clouds moving to the sides in one of the movie frames, where's this vaporation assumption even coming from? There's no steam to even justified.

And why even waste your time measuring the lower cloud cylinder when there's a massive cylinder above it? Can I see your measurements?
More consistent then using KE with no timeframe. By calcing of Frans oyu get inconsistent results the same way I wouldn't try to argue an attack of light isn't lightspeed cause it took 10 frames to cover a short distance you shoidlmt scale off that either when we don't have a timeframe. You also used diameter as a distance when only radius need to be travelled from center to end of the part that's dispersed rather than diameter. On top of that you used full hight for the wider diameter when we actually see that around half of the height is the wider part. Much less is dispersed than that

I didn't try to calc it I was pointing out why his way of getting the results was flawed and suggested a better way. City level fits the other God tiers perfectly and wouldnt just up them by a tier
It’s pretty clear your new here, dw I was too u don’t just calc with your own rules they have rules here that u use

I didn't try to calc it I was pointing out why his way of getting the results was flawed and suggested a better way. City level fits the other God tiers perfectly and wouldnt just up them by a tier
That logic is inherently flawed first we’ve never actually seen prime all might who scales to this deku, also ur whole point is based on that You think that the “god tiers” are city level so UR city level nonsensical scale should make sense even tho you said his was “flawed” and u didn’t try to calc it?, ur insinuating that a verse should always stay the same strength
So ur whole point is you feel they should be city level

You have to be kidding

Last edited:
That logic is inherently flawed first we’ve never actually seen prime all might who scales to this deku, also ur whole point is based on that You think that the “god tiers” are city level so UR city level nonsensical scale should make sense even tho you said u didn’t try to calc it?, ur insinuating that a verse should always stay the same strength

You have to be kidding
Then Give me another mountain level mha feat if God tiers scale to this consistentky

Because this is a General Discussion Thread. If you don't agree with the rating of a character or with some calculations you need to make a separate CRT. You already derailed this thread for 3 pages and 2 days, enough is enough.
How exactly do I make a CRT tho

Difficult question, in my opinion if we talk about the dynamics of characters in both cases they work better as duos than trios.
Which trio is better and why?

Izuku/Iida/Ochaco

Izuku/Bakugo/Todoroki
I think either way you slice it the latter is better, the development they have gained off each other is incredibly undeniable strength and character wise plus, they are fun to see fight together especially after the movie

The Nomu was in the air for the same reason All Might and Deku can move around at 100% without destroying everything around them despite actual statements that they’d destroy things around them if they moved around at 100%.

”it look cool”, also known as artistic liberty, or simply the artist not thinking about real physics.

Or maybe the Nomu was sent flying back down, bounced off the ocean floor then bounced back up.

Back