• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The slam didn’t harm him? Since when? He was clearly hurt by it.
There’s also Deku being able to block an attack from Bakugo.
Bakugo literally states he's holding back so he doesn't hurt Izuku so bad they have to stop the match.

And Bakugo isn't physically High 8-C anyway, only his explosions are High 8-C. It isn't until his fight with 5% Izuku that he showcases High 8-C physical attacks, but he is stated to have grown stronger then.

Bakugo literally states he's holding back so he doesn't hurt Izuku so bad they have to stop the match.
What does holding back have to do with slamming?

And Bakugo isn't physically High 8-C anyway, only his explosions are High 8-C. It isn't until his fight with 5% Izuku that he showcases High 8-C physical attacks, but he is stated to have grown stronger then.
That makes sense

Lol I find it funny that people try to debunk scales a lot of people have worked on and revised, especially with no scale of their own , like bro let MHA breathe why is it so hard for people to let the verse be a little strong , this ain’t no country level feat and they didn’t even use the cloud calc

fast thing:
Overhoul's profile says it has a durability of mountain level + based on this calculation:

The thing is:
1) this only gives speed
2) there is already a new version which is apparently the one currently used

(It is not a downgrade or something similar, it is only an arrangement that should be made to the Overhaul profile)

To the cloud feat again:
I just read through the page the formula is from, the example explosion is circular whereas the explosion shown to us is far greater in length than in width and height. Using the length to determine the radius will give higher results than it would as far as I undertsnad. We also can clearly see the aftermath of the explosion you should easily be able to calculate that.

I have noticed that even using the lightest, most weightless cloud density that can possibly be found in nature still yields really high results for Deku and Bakugo's feat. So to say that we are downplaying this feat is an understatement.
whereas the explosion shown to us is far greater in length than in width and height.
The explosion is uniform enough for the formula to work, it doesn't have to be completely circular. We didn't get to see its full size either, but it has enough PSI to blow away tens of millions of tons of water in an instant.

Last edited:
small-pp-pewdiepie.gif

“it exceeded the cap of my endurance boost!”

Doesnt this, and the fact it took Star far, far, far longer than anyone else ever to Decay, kind of lead towards a possibility that Decay CAN be tanked by a durable enough being?
Look at the wording of her Rule. She did not say she would be durable, she outright said that she would not turn to dust. It was extremely specific.

Even if it worked, it wouldn't suddenly mean that she could tank something like Overhaul without setting another specific rule saying she wouldn't be bloodmisted.

It isn't like her overall durability towards everything increased. The rule was targeted specifically at decay which no ordinary durability quirk can replicate.

I have noticed that even using the lightest, most weightless cloud density that can possibly be found in nature still yields really high results for Deku and Bakugo's feat. So to say that we are downplaying this feat is an understatement.

The explosion is uniform enough for the formula to work, it doesn't have to be completely circular. We didn't get to see its full size either, but it has enough PSI to blow away tens of millions of tons of water in an instant.
The explosion is not at all close to uniform. Using the formula in thus case is wank. We even see the result of the explosion contradicting said formula results. And even using Max cloud density it would give lower results. For all we know it's gotta be less dense than air to float but even applying that and assuming the weight is 100% water it would give smaller results. The difference is so huge

Look at the wording of her Rule. She did not say she would be durable, she outright said that she would not turn to dust. It was extremely specific.

Even if it worked, it wouldn't suddenly mean that she could tank something like Overhaul without setting another specific rule saying she wouldn't be bloodmisted.

It isn't like her overall durability towards everything increased. The rule was targeted specifically at decay which no ordinary durability quirk can replicate.
She stated that it exceeded the cap of her ENDURANCE boost, tho. It seems that the rule was trying to boost her endurance to avoid decaying.

Endurance doesn't always equal physical durability. When she says Endurance boost, she can just easily mean it surpassed her ability to boost her endurance against decay. "Cathleen Bate won't decay." She wanted to endure decay and failed to do so.

Endurance can mean durability yes, but I don't see anything to suggest that means she boosted her physical durability in this case. Is there any reason to assume physical durability is the correct answer here? Considering the non physical nature of the Quirk, it's better to assume she endurance against decay, than endurance/physical durability against impact.

However a fan translation had her note that it was physical enhancement, I'd like to see the raw japanese translated to get an idea on what she truly said.

There's also the possibility he slowed his decay down so as not to kill her before he can take the Quirk. From what we've see here, AFO isn't a instant steal. While Shigaraki's can rip through people like this. And considering her decay statement came after he took his hand off her. I think it's clear that he is also holding back.

Since he could've done this, but he wouldn't have been able to take her Quirk. Which could imply her rule did absolutely nothing, and stopping decay in general is something that surpasses her power. Though this doesn't really mean anything in regards to durability or not, just an explanation on why it was slower.

Long story short... I don't know the answer.

We’ve seen AFO use his stealing before and it was more or less instant, and that was against a whole group of people. I guess this Shigaraki and AFO Vestige are worse at doing it?

It also possible all of this is cinematic timing/talking is a free action, nothing is going slower, just that the manga is letting the stealing be very dramatic. The only thing that is slow is the decay, since once again Shigaraki should be capable of ripping through her with a single touch. Yet her decay endurance doesn't start until after he removes his hand.

Or maybe it's speed, normal humans are a lot slower while people like Star and Shigaraki are much faster. What is instant for the group of people, isn't instant for others?

Endurance doesn't always equal physical durability. When she says Endurance boost, she can just easily mean it surpassed her ability to boost her endurance against decay. "Cathleen Bate won't decay." She wanted to endure decay and failed to do so.

Endurance can mean durability yes, but I don't see anything to suggest that means she boosted her physical durability in this case. Is there any reason to assume physical durability is the correct answer here? Considering the non physical nature of the Quirk, it's better to assume she endurance against decay, than endurance/physical durability against impact.

However a fan translation had her note that it was physical enhancement, I'd like to see the raw japanese translated to get an idea on what she truly said.

There's also the possibility he slowed his decay down so as not to kill her before he can take the Quirk. From what we've see here, AFO isn't a instant steal. While Shigaraki's can rip through people like this. And considering her decay statement came after he took his hand off her. I think it's clear that he is also holding back.

Since he could've done this, but he wouldn't have been able to take her Quirk. Which could imply her rule did absolutely nothing, and stopping decay in general is something that surpasses her power. Though this doesn't really mean anything in regards to durability or not, just an explanation on why it was slower.

Long story short... I don't know the answer.
I believe this is all very simple, she told her self not to decay but that only slowed down the decaying process because she can’t enhance her self to the point that she wouldn’t decay at all there fore referring to it as endurance because she was enduring the decay with her quirk
getting a Japanese raw would be to open to interpretation by people who are do not know Japanese we have official translations we should stick to those
I doubt he slowed his decay down cuz that would not be in his interest he tried to decay her so she would use the quirk to protect herself therefore leaving her open to her quirk being stolen, it would make more sense that it was the normal speed so she would have to react fast and not waste his time, it wasn’t “clear” anywhere that he was holding back tbh also we don’t even know if he can control the speed of his decay it’s likely but not confirmed.

I believe this is all very simple, she told her self not to decay but that only slowed down the decaying process because she can’t enhance her self to the point that she wouldn’t decay at all there fore referring to it as endurance because she was enduring the decay with her quirk
getting a Japanese raw would be to open to interpretation by people who are do not know Japanese we have official translations we should stick to those
I doubt he slowed his decay down cuz that would not be in his interest he tried to decay her so she would use the quirk to protect herself therefore leaving her open to her quirk being stolen, it would make more sense that it was the normal speed so she would have to react fast and not waste his time, it wasn’t “clear” anywhere that he was holding back tbh also we don’t even know if he can control the speed of his decay it’s likely but not confirmed.
I too believe that. I am pretty sure tjo that decay doesn't ignore durability tho

His decay was slower before she activated her Quirk, there is no doubt to that.

Shigaraki's hand should've just passed through her like this. Clearly he's holding his decay back, she didn't activate the rule until his hand was removed from her face. She must verbally speak out her rule in order for it to work. Shigaraki has also stated multiple times that he can fully control decay.

It isn't a stretch to believe he can slow the process down, especially when decay on Star was slow even before her rule.

Shigaraki's hand should've just passed through her like this. Clearly he's holding his decay back, she didn't activate the rule until his hand was removed from her face. She must verbally speak out her rule in order for it to work. Shigaraki has also stated multiple times that he can fully control decay.

It isn't a stretch to believe he can slow the process down, especially when decay on Star was slow even before her rule.
But why do you assume that it would work on her the same way it worked Alin that guy?

The decay was not slower that’s just how horikoshi chose to display their preception like how she was saluting even after being decayed, u are literally assuming something based of the timing in a manga don’t use that here, that is not valid at alll, I don’t agree with @Hk1488 but ur logic is not sound we can’t tell how fast she was decaying , just because he can control it doesn’t mean he did we also have never seen him specifically control the speed only the distance.
Also if you read my last reply you’d see why it’s more likely that he didn’t even if he could
“I doubt he slowed his decay down cuz that would not be in his interest he tried to decay her so she would use the quirk to protect herself therefore leaving her open to her quirk being stolen, it would make more sense that it was the normal speed so she would have to react fast and not waste his time, it wasn’t “clear” anywhere that he was holding back tbh also we don’t even know if he can control the speed of his decay it’s likely but not confirmed.”

Don't forget how fast these characters are. Star could make a rule and catch a laser mid flight. Even though those lasers are not acknowledged on this site, they still have to be super fast since both Star and Shigaraki were tagged by them. Star could make a rule before the laser's tail passed her body.

Both characters have extremely fast perception and just raw speed so what we are seeing might have happened in a microsecond.

Don't forget how fast these characters are. Star could make a rule and catch a laser mid flight. Even though those lasers are not acknowledged on this site, they still have to be super fast since both Star and Shigaraki were tagged by them. Star could make a rule before the laser's tail passed her body.

Both characters have extremely fast perception and just raw speed so what we are seeing might have happened in a microsecond.
That isn't what I mean, if Shigaraki was serious about killing her he should be putting his hand through her face like the previous guy.

Though maybe he just doesn't care, one touch equals death regardless. I admit the decay might not be slow at all, as mentioned above, they are just really fast.

Also again we don't know ho wmuch the nomu scales to the explosion. He was almost turned into dust by it and we don't know how close he was to the explosion

Using the formula in thus case is wank. We even see the result of the explosion contradicting said formula results.
It is not, the height of the explosion is almost as big if not even bigger than the radius.
And even using Max cloud density it would give lower results. For all we know it's gotta be less dense than air to float but even applying that and assuming the weight is 100% water it would give smaller results. The difference is so huge.
This is just straight up a lie, I used 0.001 kilograms per cubic meter, which is the absolute minimum water content in a cumulonimbus clouds, and still got higher results than High 7-A.

Also again we don't know ho wmuch the nomu scales to the explosion. He was almost turned into dust by it and we don't know how close he was to the explosion
The Nomu took the blast at point-blank range while the lasers held it in place, Star's giant slammed the missiles straight into the Nomu, and even then it was not enough to destroy the Nomu's head or turn it into pieces, which would have immediately killed the poor creature.

That isn't what I mean, if Shigaraki was serious about killing her he should be putting his hand through her face like the previous guy.

Though maybe he just doesn't care, one touch equals death regardless. I admit the decay might not be slow at all, as mentioned above, they are just really fast.
He pulled his hand back since he was literally ripping New Order out of her.

For the guy you are mentioning, he was just killing him. The way he took New Order it was like ripping something out of someone and New Order even comes out of Star like a jello-like stretched substance.

It is not, the height of the explosion is almost as big if not even bigger than the radius.

This is just straight up a lie, I used 0.001 kilograms per cubic meter, which is the absolute minimum water content in a cumulonimbus clouds, and still got higher results than High 7-A.
1. That's straight up incorrect. It's not even half its size and the width is unknown. Assuming it's spherical is wank and contradicts the results you get by calcing the aftermath
2. That's too incorrect. I used highest water content and got City results.
The Nomu took the blast at point-blank range while the lasers held it in place, Star's giant slammed the missiles straight into the Nomu, and even then it was not enough to destroy the Nomu's head or turn it into pieces, which would have immediately killed the poor creature.
I guess you are assuming the bombs use impact Fuze even if you don't have a proof for that assumption

question isnt it possibly for something to die and still explode?

question isnt it possibly for something to die and still explode?
Shigaraki didn't force it to explode. You can see an electric signal being sent in the panel, just like he has done before, he sent a order to the Nomu via radio waves. The Nomu was alive enough to follow Shigaraki's order. "Now burst..."

"These radio waves can be used as signals, to give the Nomu very specific commands."

If the Nomu was dead, it wouldn't be able to follow Shigaraki's command. Unless we're told otherwise, the Nomu did survive the blast as it was shown to have its body intact, and it followed Shigaraki's order. The jets stunned the Nomu, which they thought was Shigaraki, so it couldn't move.

And Star punched straight down onto it with the missiles in hand. There is no reason to assume she missed or something else happened, unless future information comes out that implies such a thing.

Well, there is the weird thing about the Nomu being up in the air instead of down in the crater. If Star and Stripe punched the Nomu downwards, wouldn't the force of the punch and the explosion being above it keep the Nomu down?

1. That's straight up incorrect. It's not even half its size and the width is unknown. Assuming it's spherical is wank and contradicts the results you get by calcing the aftermath
2. That's too incorrect. I used highest water content and got City results.

I guess you are assuming the bombs use impact Fuze even if you don't have a proof for that assumption
Can you and anyone else talking about this just stop?

Well, there is the weird thing about the Nomu being up in the air instead of down in the crater. If Star and Stripe punched the Nomu downwards, wouldn't the force of the punch and the explosion being above it keep the Nomu down?
Good point. Again we don't know if the missiles used impact fuzes. The nomu might have moven further away before the explosion started and even after it did

Back