• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

No, we're having a Star's air giant can't be 1000X bigger than her because her Quirks has limits "argument".
That's, simply put, a very bad argument. The biggest issue is that it relies on the assumption that because the Quirk has limits, it can't do this 1000x bigger construct.

No, it’s on you. There is no NLF here. She said something and did it. You’re claiming what she did wasn’t what she said. Prove that

No, you haven’t. Just baseless headcanon.

Just because it has limits does not mean what you’re saying happened is what happened. There is no evidence whatsoever that 1000x her size is a limit.

I want you to PROVE that 1000x her size reaches a limit for her quirk.

That is the crux of your argument. That there is a limit to creating a construct buggee than herself.

PROVE that making one 1000x her size is even NEAR her limit.
1. It was said she had limits. Literally stated
2. I don't need to prove that because first of all you dismissed it as size inconsistencies when I actually did and the simple possibility making it a contradiction. If there is a possibility of that then your assumption is also just a possibility.

2. I don't need to prove that because first of all you dismissed it as size inconsistencies when I actually did and the simple possibility making it a contradiction. If there is a possibility of that then your assumption is also just a possibility.
You kinda do need to prove yourself since you made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

I have only one thing left to say on this matter. His entire argument relies on a fallacy.

He says that Star's giant can't be 1000X her size because it has limits, which doesn't equal the giant not being 1000X her size. That just means we cannot assume she can make it bigger than 1000X, since nothing in the series states that she made a mistake and the giant isn't 1000X it size.

This "logic" can be applied no matter what size her giant is. If she said it was only 10X her size, you could say the same thing. Her Quirk has limits so it has to be smaller and her statement is incorrect. The only reason he thinks the 1000X size is wrong, is because he finds 1000X bigger to ridiculous.

He cannot believe her giant is 1000X bigger than her, so it must be untrue because what he believes is correct. There is no point in debating with someone like this, as they've already convinced themselves they are correct and won't back down. If she said it was 10X her size, I assure you he wouldn't be complaining about the statement.

@Hk1488 I suggest making a Content Revision Thread and argue your points there, and not to clutter this thread This is discussion is going to go on forever at this rate or someone is going to say something they regret and get into trouble. I'd rather avoid any of that, so I hope you take my suggestion.
Man you don't understand at all
1. A simple size calculation gives me 1/20 of her supposed size consistently yet its just inconsistencies. So I used this argument to prove this is nkt just inconsistencies die to the possibility of her quirks limit being reached.

1. A simple size calculation gives me 1/20 of her supposed size consistently yet its just inconsistencies. So I used this argument to prove this is nkt just inconsistencies die to the possibility of her quirks limit being reached.
And for the final time, I will say: Statements > Visuals always

Cool, she has limits

Why is an air construct 1000x her size a limit

or it could just be inconsistency, drawing characters that are huge with a size comparable to what is stated is incredibly hard and requires actual pixel-scaling which the person drawing won't do

Nope I explained this already. The claim is the size. He used the rule as reference. I did a contradiction burden of proof is on him
You're using a possibility and acting like it's a certainty, which is a problem. Not only that, but Star is very aware of her Quirk's limitations, so why would she give an order that her Quirk couldn't do?

Hk1488, your arguments have been rejected by multiple knowledgeable users, including staff members, so it's useless for you to continue arguing something that is incorrect even for our wiki's standards. For this reasons, I ask you to stop continuing to bring up the same arguments over and over again.
If you think that the 6-C result for the calculation is incorrect, find new evidences which might be more convincing and make a separate CRT.

And for the final time, I will say: Statements > Visuals always
I was explaining why the visuals might be factual due to it not being a backe duo statement. Iw asnt sayi g sizes by itself are
Cool, she has limits

Why is an air construct 1000x her size a limit
Again burden of proof is on you. I am not saying it's false but by bringing up a possibility it makes your claim too just a possibility. Especially with it being backed up by scaling logic and sizes
You're using a possibility and acting like it's a certainty, which is a problem. Not only that, but Star is very aware of her Quirk's limitations, so why would she give an order that her Quirk couldn't do?
Why would she give an order she knows is below her limit. This argument of why would she do so is only supporting my claims.
You guys only make me bring up the same arguments cause your refutations do not make any sense. I am not enjoying bringing these arguments up again but by always giving debunks that repeat themselves and don't make sense I am forced to do so

Again burden of proof is on you. I am not saying it's false but by bringing up a possibility it makes your claim too just a possibility. Especially with it being backed up by scaling logic and sizes
No, it’s on you. Everyone knows she has limits on her quirk. That’s obvious.

Prove why creating a construct 1000x her size is beyond her limits. It is never stated or implied that she has a limit to how big she could make it, so 1000x has no refutation.

Give one or concede. You have given no proof yet, so I’m still waiting

I was explaining why the visuals might be factual due to it not being a backe duo statement. Iw asnt sayi g sizes by itself are

Why would she give an order she knows is below her limit. This argument of why would she do so is only supporting my claims.
You guys only make me bring up the same arguments cause your refutations do not make any sense. I am not enjoying bringing these arguments up again but by always giving debunks that repeat themselves and don't make sense I am forced to do so
moon-jump.gif

I take a nap for a few hours and I see this..., What the heck is going on here and who let the circus out???

No, it’s on you. Everyone knows she has limits on her quirk. That’s obvious.

Prove why creating a construct 1000x her size is beyond her limits. It is never stated or implied that she has a limit to how big she could make it, so 1000x has no refutation.

Give one or concede. You have given no proof yet, so I’m still waiting
We too don't know her exact physical limit yet we would know that if she did the rule to be on all mights level it would probably not maker her scale to that rule. I am not giving proof because it is on you to proof this possibility doesn't exist. I may have started the argument but the claim is she is that big so burden of proof will always be on you

We too don't know her exact physical limit yet we would know that if she did the rule to be on all mights level it would probably not maker her scale to that rule. I am not giving proof because it is on you to proof this possibility doesn't exist. I may have started the argument but the claim is she is that big so burden of proof will always be on you
This is such a meaningless, worthless point of view to have in ANY feat. Possibility is irrelevant for determining what is most accurate, especially when the possibilities you present are absolutely, 100%, truly, utterly, foolishly, dumbfoundedly, insanely, ridiculously unlikely.

The possibility that her giant was NOT 1000x her size is so ridiculously, astronomically small that I question your intelligence for daring to say that its existence has any bearing whatsoever on the FAR more likely and plausible answer of IT JUST BEING WHAT SHE SAID.

If that is the basis of your argument, if “oh there’s a possibility, that I can’t prove, that it might have been limited in size to less than 1000x, but again I can’t prove it” is truly ALL you have to offer to the discussion, then stop talking.

You have contributed nothing to this general discussion thread other than discourse and meaningless headcanon about a possibility that you can’t even back up with evidence from the source material for its validity.

Absolute waste of time.

You really came into this thread trying to question the feat and our scaling and everything off the base thought of “lol what if it wasn’t actually that big bro”

Completely and utterly meaningless.

This is such a meaningless, worthless point of view to have in ANY feat. Possibility is irrelevant for determining what is most accurate, especially when the possibilities you present are absolutely, 100%, truly, utterly, foolishly, dumbfoundedly, insanely, ridiculously unlikely.

The possibility that her giant was NOT 1000x her size is so ridiculously, astronomically small that I question your intelligence for daring to say that its existence has any bearing whatsoever on the FAR more likely and plausible answer of IT JUST BEING WHAT SHE SAID.

If that is the basis of your argument, if “oh there’s a possibility, that I can’t prove, that it might have been limited in size to less than 1000x, but again I can’t prove it” is truly ALL you have to offer to the discussion, then stop talking.

You have contributed nothing to this general discussion thread other than discourse and meaningless headcanon about a possibility that you can’t even back up with evidence from the source material for its validity.

Absolute waste of time.
Imagine being such a rude person throughout the entire argument. I can't imagine the unbearable pain of living with you.
1. Why do you continue to say this every comment. Stop repeating how "dumb, foolish and useless" my arguments are
2. It's not small tho. She herself has set a rule to not decay but it was proven to be out of her limit later on. Why can't the same thing apply to the giant? We were shown these limitations this ain't headcanon its actual logic backed up by calcs which consistently put her at 100 meters. She never stated it was that tall at all. She only used her ability to create something of enormous size but said ability has limits. What she said wasn't a statement nor proof it was a wish at best. You refutation is only going back at the point I am not necessarily right yet you call me stupid for going by said logic even though you have burden of proof.
3. I did try to prove so by pointing out the sizes, nomu scaling to 6C is illogical, her limits etc. Like I have literally provided like 4 direct size comparisons that get her to 100 meters yet it's treated as a single inconsistency when it was consistently small.

I have like 5 arguments for my point and you only claim my claims are not factual. Simply disagreeing with someone doesn't make you right

tell me, why would the sizes be consistent? Why would you use the visual sizes over the stated size? I get the feats>statements thing but it doesn't apply here

Imagine being such a rude person throughout the entire argument. I can't imagine the unbearable pain of living with you.
1. Why do you continue to say this every comment. Stop repeating how "dumb, foolish and useless" my arguments are
2. It's not small tho. She herself has set a rule to not decay but it was proven to be out of her limit later on. Why can't the same thing apply to the giant? We were shown these limitations this ain't headcanon its actual logic backed up by calcs which consistently put her at 100 meters. She never stated it was that tall at all. She only used her ability to create something of enormous size but said ability has limits. What she said wasn't a statement nor proof it was a wish at best. You refutation is only going back at the point I am not necessarily right yet you call me stupid for going by said logic even though you have burden of proof.
3. I did try to prove so by pointing out the sizes, nomu scaling to 6C is illogical, her limits etc. Like I have literally provided like 4 direct size comparisons that get her to 100 meters yet it's treated as a single inconsistency when it was consistently small.

I have like 5 arguments for my point and you only claim my claims are not factual. Simply disagreeing with someone doesn't make you right
That's enough out of you. If you seriously want to question the calc and Star's feats do so in a CRT, you are just derailing at this point. No one is really interested in participating in this general discussion thread.

Because she said the limit was surpassed. Something she doesn’t say for the giant. That says something about you that you can’t differentiate the two.

Baseless headcanon.

Make a CRT, I’ll debunk you there too. I’m done replying to you here.

tell me, why would the sizes be consistent? Why would you use the visual sizes over the stated size? I get the feats>statements thing but it doesn't apply here
Why exactly would it not apply here? I explained why considering a size of that hasn't ever been mentioned. You can compare it to a wish. Just because she wished for 2km doesn't mean she got it. That's no statement
That's enough out of you. If you seriously want to question the calc and Star's feats do so in a CRT, you are just derailing at this point. No one is really interested in participating in this general discussion thread.
Will do if the feat is relevant at all. It scales to no one as of now. If the calc needs revision I will do. As of now, no

Because she said the limit was surpassed. Something she doesn’t say for the giant. That says something about you that you can’t differentiate the two.

Baseless headcanon.

Make a CRT, I’ll debunk you there too. I’m done replying to you here.
You know you are comparing her reaction while dying to her reaction when it would be totally meaningless to her

Why exactly would it not apply here? I explained why considering a size of that hasn't ever been mentioned. You can compare it to a wish. Just because she wished for 2km doesn't mean she got it. That's no statement

Will do if the feat is relevant at all. It scales to no one as of now. If the calc needs revision I will do. As of now, no
Bro thinks he makes the rules ☠️ the calc already does scale to everyone and the feat IS relevant, you have to prove it isnt

It is relevant and scales to all the top tiers. So go ahead and make it.

You know you are comparing her reaction while dying to her reaction when it would be totally meaningless to her
So another baseless assumption from you about how she should react. You sure have a lot of thoughts on how these characters are that isn’t grounded or proven or shown or stated anywhere in the manga.

Bro thinks he makes the rules ☠️ the calc already does scale to everyone and the feat IS relevant, you have to prove it isnt
The explosion no one tanked scales to everyone? interesting. And when did I think I make the rules? I simply wanted to know his reasoning.

It is relevant and scales to all the top tiers. So go ahead and make it.

So another baseless assumption from you about how she should react. You sure have a lot of thoughts on how these characters are that isn’t grounded or proven or shown or stated anywhere in the manga.
Not relevant to anyone at all
2. You were the one initially assuming that she would have a special reaction if that was the case by bringing a stupid comparison. Hypocrite

It wouldn't apply because mangas are never drawn 1:1 scale, especially when it comes to something that's meant to be big.

Take OPM as an example, where Marugori has been stated to be 270m tall yet he seems kilometers tall, we're going to use the canon/confirmed size because his height is inconsistent, the same way this air giant's size is also inconsistent which is why we use the 1000x statement, we have no reason not to.

If it's possibly wrong as you claim it would also be possibly right

Guys we all might as well stop replying, this dude is quite likely attempting to bait and it’s not worth cluttering the thread unless he makes a CRT

It wouldn't apply because mangas are never drawn 1:1 scale, especially when it comes to something that's meant to be big.

Take OPM as an example, where Marugori has been stated to be 270m tall yet he seems kilometers tall, we're going to use the canon/confirmed size because his height is inconsistent, the same way this air giant's size is also inconsistent which is why we use the 1000x statement, we have no reason not to.

If it's possibly wrong as you claim it would also be possibly right
Again this wasn't a statement at all. We have no factual size. Her wish is nkt comparabke to the result of said wish. This So called statement isn't even a statement.
The Nomu literally tanked it… there’s no way you’re serious.
So a nomu is 6C making this an outlier and only further proving my point? Thanks

Back