• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Proof her giant is 2km? Her stating something doesn't make it a fact at all. Her quirk has limits. You first have to provide evidence for your claim
Your the one claiming it can’t be 1000x her size. You’re the one going against the manga. Burden of proof is on you. Just because it has limits doesn’t mean the air constructs size is limited. You have to prove that.

Your skeptical headcanon is not evidence of her air construct being reduced in size.

Your the one claiming it can’t be 1000x her size. You’re the one going against the manga. Burden of proof is on you. Just because it has limits doesn’t mean the air constructs size is limited. You have to prove that.

Your skeptical headcanon is not evidence of her air construct being reduced in size.
Burden of proof is on the one that makes a statement. I am only contradicting the proof with my points by giving a possibility that it might not be accurate. Now you gotta prove it is otherwise you lost the debate

Burden of proof is on the one that makes a statement. I am only contradicting the proof with my points by giving a possibility that it might not be accurate. Now you gotta prove it is otherwise you lost the debate
Your points contradict nothing. So I don’t have to provide anything. Because you haven’t even gotten past her Rule.

Lost the debate? Who are you, SeththeProgrammer?

Your points contradict nothing. So I don’t have to provide anything. Because you haven’t even gotten past her Rule.

Lost the debate? Who are you, SeththeProgrammer?
Man the statement is she is 2km burden on proof is on you. You mention the rule and I state why it MIGHT be false. It doesnt necessarily need to be false to be a contradiction. You then have to debunk my contradiction. If you fail to do so you lost

Man the statement is she is 2km burden on proof is on you. You mention the rule and I state why it MIGHT be false. It doesnt necessarily need to be false to be a contradiction. You then have to debunk my contradiction. If you fail to do so you lost
Star and Stripes, a character from My Hero Academia, stated, with her reality warping quirk New Order, that an air construct 1000x her size would be formed.

Prove that the construct that formed immediately after this application of her power was not 1000x her size.

Gon read manga again. She only started dying way after that. Shigaraki was already attacking some random fodder in the meanwhile
She was decaying the entire time he started exploding and prepared to use New Order.

You can literally see the decay lines on her face.

Star and Stripes, a character from My Hero Academia, stated, with her reality warping quirk New Order, that an air construct 1000x her size would be formed.

Prove that the construct that formed immediately after this application of her power was not 1000x her size.
You don't understand how this works still. I only need to give a potential way to refute it of being a fact. The simple fact that it might be lower than that is enough for a contradiction. If you try to debunk this contradiction you need something that can't be contradicted to back up your point. Simply saying "it might be 2km tho" In practical sense mean you can't prove it. Imagine someone giving you a fact telling you it's 100%true and then tells you it's actually just 50/50. By saying "she said it's that size" you are going back to the original claim and ignoring my POTENTIAL contradiction of your point. You would need to refute my contradiction for your poimt to still stand. Look I am just saying that calcing the size will give more accurate results until 2km is stated. Otherwise the 2km is not proven.
She was decaying the entire time he started exploding and prepared to use New Order.

You can literally see the decay lines on her face.
She only started decaying much after her quirk was taken and why would she still decay after he stopped?

You don't understand how this works still. I only need to give a potential way to refute it of being a fact. The simple fact that it might be lower than that is enough for a contradiction. If you try to debunk this contradiction you need something that can't be contradicted to back up your point. Simply saying "it might be 2km tho" In practical sense mean you can't prove it. Imagine someone giving you a fact telling you it's 100%true and then tells you it's actually just 50/50. By saying "she said it's that size" you are going back to the original claim and ignoring my POTENTIAL contradiction of your point. You would need to refute my contradiction for your poimt to still stand. Look I am just saying that calcing the size will give more accurate results until 2km is stated. Otherwise the 2km is not proven.

She only started decaying much after her quirk was taken and why would she still decay after he stopped?
You literally don’t NEED to calc the size when her quirk WORKS OFF OF STATEMENTS. Your whole argumentative basis is just your own head canons on how her power works.

You literally don’t NEED to calc the size when her quirk WORKS OFF OF STATEMENTS. Your whole argumentative basis is just your own head canons on how her power works.
Again a contradiction doesn't need to be 100%true. The simple chance of something else happening is still a contradiction. To make a Pont simply needs more evidence than a contradiction. If I can give at least one reason why the size should be incorrect it's still a pint you would need to refute entirely for the contradiction to be false. I have had several arguments in this thread we are only discussing one of them which you guys still can't 100% refute. I already explained why there is a possibility of her statetements being inaccurate, mainly the fact that it might have been bajve her limit. Bringing this argument up alone would need you to refute it which you didn't do yet(other than stating I am wrong without backup)

I don't even get why you guys are so keen on getting the missiles to 6C it only scales to some weird ass thing which will never be relevant

All of that is irrelevant and proves nothing. I literally gave you the floor to explain yourself and you just spewed baseless headcanon. In your own words “you just lost the debate.” The side that is with the construct being 1000x in size is not based on any possibilities at all. There are no maybes. She said it so it is so, as nothing contradicts it.

You have failed to disprove that premise.

All you offer is headcanon, a bunch of what ifs and skepticism, not for the air construct, but for your own argument, with no actual backing behind any of it. Your arbitrary belief of “maybe it isn’t that way” is irrelevant.

Decay isn’t instant unless he wants it to be, and he was more focused on taking her quirk than decaying her. Also Decay still works after he lets go, that’s one of the core mechanics of it.

When you argue against something, your argument should never be “well there’s a CHANCE that maybe, possibly it could not be correct, so we should ignore the possibility of it being correct completely.”

That is, quite frankly, foolish beyond measure.

We go with the smart choices here when we can. Not the ones shrouded in a dozen what if statements on possible limitations.

All of that is irrelevant and proves nothing. I literally gave you the floor to explain yourself and you just spewed baseless headcanon. In your own words “you just lost the debate.” The side that is with the construct being 1000x in size is not based on any possibilities at all. There are no maybes. She said it so it is so, as nothing contradicts it.

You have failed to disprove that premise.

All you offer is headcanon, a bunch of what ifs and skepticism, not for the air construct, but for your own argument, with no actual backing behind any of it. Your arbitrary belief of “maybe it isn’t that way” is irrelevant.

Decay isn’t instant unless he wants it to be, and he was more focused on taking her quirk than decaying her. Also Decay still works after he lets go, that’s one of the core mechanics of it.
No not at all. This has nothing to do with headcanon more than relying on the proven statement that she has limits. It's not necessarily true but the possibility itself disproves your statement until you refute it.
Also didn't know that about decay but she says "I am almost destroyed of fighting all the quirks" I thought that reffered to her

When you argue against something, your argument should never be “well there’s a CHANCE that maybe, possibly it could not be correct, so we should ignore the possibility of it being correct completely.”

That is, quite frankly, foolish beyond measure.

We go with the smart choices here when we can. Not the ones shrouded in a dozen what if statements on possible limitations.
Well the thing is that your argument use just as many what ifs.
Mine uses "what if due to her limits its not a full 2km"
Your what if is "what if she measured her limits and 1000 times her was exactly that" rather than my assumption. There is no headcanon involved. Until you can refute that point there is no reason to refuse that contradiction.

No not at all. This has nothing to do with headcanon more than relying on the proven statement that she has limits. It's not necessarily true but the possibility itself disproves your statement until you refute it.
Also didn't know that about decay but she says "I am almost destroyed of fighting all the quirks" I thought that reffered to her
The limits on her quirk have nothing to do with how big her air construct can be. You don’t understand that.

Possibility does not refute anything. That is why you accomplish nothing.

Well the thing is that your argument use just as many what ifs.
Mine uses "what if due to her limits its not a full 2km"
Your what if is "what if she measured her limits and 1000 times her was exactly that" rather than my assumption. There is no headcanon involved. Until you can refute that point there is no reason to refuse that contradiction.
What what if’s am I using? She said something so I’m saying she’s right. You have said nothing to prove she’s wrong, other than using headcanon to say there’s a possibility she might not be right, but you can’t prove it.

That is baseless headcanon.

The limits on her quirk have nothing to do with how big her air construct can be. You don’t understand that.

Possibility does not refute anything. That is why you accomplish nothing.

What what if’s am I using? She said something so I’m saying she’s right. You have said nothing to prove she’s wrong, other than using headcanon to say there’s a possibility she might not be right, but you can’t prove it.

That is baseless headcanon.
1. So by your logic it might as well be planetary in size? Limitations apply to both her strength and environmental manipulating just not in the same amount. That's the theory shigaraki made
2. If there is a possibility of your argument being wrong it means there is also just a possibility for it being right you realize that? You can't present a 50/50 as a fact. Possibility of you being wrong does contradict it until you prove it's not a contradiction
3. Where does the statement come from. She never said it's size Was 1000 times hers as a fact. She only used a rule in which it might as well not be. It's not a Statement. In fact she didn't even know it's size until she used it bro

Where does the statement come from. She never said it's size Was 1000 times hers as a fact. She only used a rule in which it might as well not be. It's not a Statement. In fact she didn't even know it's size until she used it bro
I’m convinced this is a troll. You’re not supposed to assume that her statement isn’t factual by default, it has to have something that contradicts it (which it doesn’t). Size inconsistency is merely a drawing problem from Hori and doesn’t have an issue with her statement being factual or not.

1. So by your logic it might as well be planetary in size? Limitations apply to both her strength and environmental manipulating just not in the same amount. That's the theory shigaraki made
2. If there is a possibility of your argument being wrong it means there is also just a possibility for it being right you realize that? You can't present a 50/50 as a fact. Possibility of you being wrong does contradict it until you prove it's not a contradiction
3. Where does the statement come from. She never said it's size Was 1000 times hers as a fact. She only used a rule in which it might as well not be. It's not a Statement. In fact she didn't even know it's size until she used it bro
And you can’t prove how hard that applies to her giant. Meaning your argument is wrong.

Except this isn’t a 50/50. It’s is a guarantee that the air construct is 1000x her size until you actually give a good argument why it isn’t.

Her power is made it so. It’s your job to prove that the limits of her quirk applied and made the construct smaller. There is no reason why it can’t be 1000x.

I’m convinced this is a troll. You’re not supposed to assume that her statement isn’t factual by default, it has to have something that contradicts it (which it doesn’t). Size inconsistency is merely a drawing problem from Hori and doesn’t have an issue with her statement being factual or not.
Yes I do something that does. Her limits. In this case You are the one assuming the size cause because of said limitations 2km MIGHT be wrong.

And you can’t prove how hard that applies to her giant. Meaning your argument is wrong.

Except this isn’t a 50/50. It’s is a guarantee that the air construct is 1000x her size until you actually give a good argument why it isn’t.

Her power is made it so. It’s your job to prove that the limits of her quirk applied and made the construct smaller. There is no reason why it can’t be 1000x.
1. This is your contradiction to my contradiction so again burden of proof lies on you by making that nlf
2. I did
3. Because the quirk has limits. She states she got to her physical Amp limit when trying to stop shigarakis quirk meaning that imposing a rule too high would make her reach the limits. This might be a contradiction

Her limits is what she can do with non-organic matter.

How do you get from that to a limit on the size of her giant? Where does the belief that she cannot make it 1000x size come from?
Where is it said it's only organic matter that is limited? Burden of proof on your assumption

1. This is your contradiction to my contradiction so again burden of proof lies on you by making that nlf
2. I did
3. Because the quirk has limits. She states she got to her physical Amp limit when trying to stop shigarakis quirk meaning that imposing a rule too high would make her reach the limits. This might be a contradiction
No, it’s on you. There is no NLF here. She said something and did it. You’re claiming what she did wasn’t what she said. Prove that

No, you haven’t. Just baseless headcanon.

Just because it has limits does not mean what you’re saying happened is what happened. There is no evidence whatsoever that 1000x her size is a limit.

I want you to PROVE that 1000x her size reaches a limit for her quirk.

That is the crux of your argument. That there is a limit to creating a construct buggee than herself.

PROVE that making one 1000x her size is even NEAR her limit.

I have only one thing left to say on this matter. His entire argument relies on a fallacy.

He says that Star's giant can't be 1000X her size because it has limits, which doesn't equal the giant not being 1000X her size. That just means we cannot assume she can make it bigger than 1000X, since nothing in the series states that she made a mistake and the giant isn't 1000X it size.

This "logic" can be applied no matter what size her giant is. If she said it was only 10X her size, you could say the same thing. Her Quirk has limits so it has to be smaller and her statement is incorrect. The only reason he thinks the 1000X size is wrong, is because he finds 1000X bigger to ridiculous.

He cannot believe her giant is 1000X bigger than her, so it must be untrue because what he believes is correct. There is no point in debating with someone like this, as they've already convinced themselves they are correct and won't back down. If she said it was 10X her size, I assure you he wouldn't be complaining about the statement.

@Hk1488 I suggest making a Content Revision Thread and argue your points there, and not to clutter this thread This is discussion is going to go on forever at this rate or someone is going to say something they regret and get into trouble. I'd rather avoid any of that, so I hope you take my suggestion.

Back