• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If she would impose the rule "I am omnipotent" would she by your logic be because "she already knows the limit of her power"

If she would impose the rule "I am omnipotent" would she by your logic be because "she already knows the limit of her power"
That’s why she didn’t say that. Because it’s a limit.

Creating a giant 1000x her size is not a limit to her. Because she did it. And has done it before since she has a name for it. Even the god damn laser spear is a move she has at least practiced.

Her knowing the size and shape of her invisible giant self in order to use it in battle is evidence that she knows what’s she’s talking about in terms of its size and shape.

It’s on you to explain why her statement is wrong. Using the inconsistencies of Horikoshi’s drawings is not sufficient, because sizes are always inconsistent in MHA with giant characters.

Are you not understanding it? Her rule doesmt refute my statement rather it is further evidence. Her stating a safe number she is known to be able to use rather than imposing a rule so big that it reaches the limit of her ability doesn't make any sense at all. If you had this kind of reality warping would you place the rule " I am twice as strong as usual" rather than "I can blow up a mountain with a singke punch" you would go Option two cause you know its something you aren't able to do and therefore pushing you to the limits of your restricted reality warping. So practically speaking if her limit wasn't much below 2km than imposing the rule of 2km rather than one that makes her 10km is just plain stupid

Are you not understanding it? Her rule doesmt refute my statement rather it is further evidence. Her stating a safe number she is known to be able to use rather than imposing a rule so big that it reaches the limit of her ability doesn't make any sense at all. If you had this kind of reality warping would you place the rule " I am twice as strong as usual" rather than "I can blow up a mountain with a singke punch" you would go Option two cause you know its something you aren't able to do and therefore pushing you to the limits of your restricted reality warping. So practically speaking if her limit wasn't much below 2km than imposing the rule of 2km rather than one that makes her 10km is just plain stupid
Why are you assuming her Reality Warping’s abilities? Or what she would do with them? She has defined limits that are thoroughly talked about, she can’t do physical enhancements as good as she can affect non-living surroundings.

I’m going to be honest: this just sounds like you whining. Everything you say is, in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant to her giant’s size.

It is stated 1000x her size, so it’s going to be 1000x her size. If you cannot understand that basic concept then arguing further is pointless.

Your points do not make much sense and neither do they have evidence suggesting. You are assuming the size manipulation has no limits just because she said 1000 times. It's clearly less. If she imposed a rule that would make her far above all might but is shown to be limited to being weaker than all might by your logic her simply stating that means it's true. Your logic is beyond stupid at this point. You are not even addressing all my other points which I have more of then "but she said so therefore it's canon and true" which has no evidence to it and more contradictions by both logic and pixel calcs.

Heck, we get a direct display of Star’s ability to know and use New Order at specified distances when she first appears.

Her first order was erasing air in a specified distance. And it did so at that specified distance.

Why is creating a giant of air, which she has shown fully listens to New Order, at a specified height any different?
Again why would she just measure her max height then use that as a rule rather than going for something that will 100% be her full strength.

Giant Star is x1000 Star's normal size, and this is a fact considering that that's how the rule she imposed works.
Saying that the rule failed to be applied is headcanon without supporting evidences other than drawing inconsistencies, which are normal when dealing with hand-drawn mangas. You will never find in any manga or comic a giant character or structure that is consistent between one panel and the other.
In cases like this, statements are considered like the author intent and therefore have the priority over any personal interpretation or calculation.
If you want to disprove the feat you will have to bring actual evidence that the statements and the author intents are wrong or that the rule somehow didn't applied.

Your points do not make much sense and neither do they have evidence suggesting. You are assuming the size manipulation has no limits just because she said 1000 times. It's clearly less. If she imposed a rule that would make her far above all might but is shown to be limited to being weaker than all might by your logic her simply stating that means it's true. Your logic is beyond stupid at this point. You are not even addressing all my other points which I have more of then "but she said so therefore it's canon and true" which has no evidence to it and more contradictions by both logic and pixel calcs.
Your argument boils down to “just because she said it doesn’t mean it’s true.”

aka: meaningless and not enough to change anything.

Baseless thoughts about what her limit could or could not have been is pointless and not going to accomplish anything. We use her stated size because we know her power and how it works, have an example of it being used before, and have no reason to doubt or place arbitrary, fan limitations on it.

Until you can PROVE that her saying it is 1000x is wrong, then it is staying as 1000x her size.

You trying to assert your headcanon about her limits because you can’t get it in your mind that she user her ability in a specific way is not my or the wiki’s problem.

But it's not a statement. Like literally we know it has limitations you are either assuming she purposely didn't use her full power against a worldwide threat or that she just got a 2km ruler and measured her max height and it being exactly 1000 times that of hers. Again it has limitations. A rule that would make her omnipotent would too not be a factual statement

But it's not a statement. Like literally we know it has limitations you are either assuming she purposely didn't use her full power against a worldwide threat or that she just got a 2km ruler and measured her max height and it being exactly 1000 times that of hers. Again it has limitations. A rule that would make her omnipotent would too not be a factual statement
Her statement is the giant is 1000x her size. So it is 1000x her size. She doesn’t need any reasoning whatsoever to have said 1000x specifically. It could have just been a cool number she thought up, or she’s used it before, or its her limit for air constructs.

There are many possible reasons she could have specified 1000. Therefore your reason does not take precedence over any others. Therefore it’s irrelevant, because that’s the number she chose.

Saying otherwise is headcanon until you prove otherwise.

Your argument boils down to “just because she said it doesn’t mean it’s true.”

aka: meaningless and not enough to change anything.

Baseless thoughts about what her limit could or could not have been is pointless and not going to accomplish anything. We use her stated size because we know her power and how it works, have an example of it being used before, and have no reason to doubt or place arbitrary, fan limitations on it.

Until you can PROVE that her saying it is 1000x is wrong, then it is staying as 1000x her size.

You trying to assert your headcanon about her limits because you can’t get it in your mind that she user her ability in a specific way is not my or the wiki’s problem.
I gotta face-palm every time I read just a single sentence of yours caus eyou are purposely ignoring logic and also using a no limits fallacy in this case. I am not insisting on that being true and not asserting my headcanon. Simply proving 1000 times my size logically and factually doesn't need to be true. And what Fan limitations? The ones she literally stated to have?

I gotta face-palm every time I read just a single sentence of yours caus eyou are purposely ignoring logic and also using a no limits fallacy in this case. I am not insisting on that being true and not asserting my headcanon. Simply proving 1000 times my size logically and factually doesn't need to be true. And what Fan limitations? The ones she literally stated to have?
What limitation in verse states her giant can’t be 1000x her size.

Her statement is the giant is 1000x her size. So it is 1000x her size. She doesn’t need any reasoning whatsoever to have said 1000x specifically. It could have just been a cool number she thought up, or she’s used it before, or its her limit for air constructs.

There are many possible reasons she could have specified 1000. Therefore your reason does not take precedence over any others. Therefore it’s irrelevant, because that’s the number she chose.

Saying otherwise is headcanon until you prove otherwise.
The same way your reasoning doesn't take precedence over mine and is too therefore irrelevant. But not only that it's also the higher end so logically my assumption would be the one that should be used considering both are irrelevant in the same way right? You are contradicting your point

The same way your reasoning doesn't take precedence over mine and is too therefore irrelevant. But not only that it's also the higher end so logically my assumption would be the one that should be used considering both are irrelevant in the same way right? You are contradicting your point
My point is the reasoning is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter why she said 1000. All that matters is that she said it.

The giant is 1000x her size. That is undeniable and you have provided nothing of value to discredit that fact.

No limits fallacy haha. What states she can't make a giant the size of the universe, therefore stars and stripes=universal due to the undoubtedly logical 300 iq meta from kingofwolves
You said there was a limit. Show me.

It’s not NLF if she literally does it on screen. The giant is 1000x her size. She said it and New Order made it. Very simple logic.

My point is the reasoning is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter why she said 1000. All that matters is that she said it.

The giant is 1000x her size. That is undeniable and you have provided nothing of value to discredit that fact.
Not at all. You said it yourself. My logic might be false the same way yours can be. Your no limits fallacy doesn't have precedence over anything

You said there was a limit. Show me.

It’s not NLF if she literally does it on screen. The giant is 1000x her size. She said it and New Order made it. Very simple logic.
She literally states it has a limit and her quirk is shown to have limits. Oh sorry I forgot that apparently there is no limits to objects therefore she can one touch the earth by saying it will blow up

Where does she state the size limit for her air construct.
No limits fallacy by its literal definition. Assuming an attack has no limits because it isn't stated or shown. But it is actually showns
Chapter 332 "no matter what rule I tried it didn't work" no matter the rule she still wasn't able to replicate all mighty strength. There is no reasoning for 2km rather its proving my point. You keep repeating the same argument I refuted over and over again

No limits fallacy by its literal definition. Assuming an attack has no limits because it isn't stated or shown. But it is actually showns
Chapter 332 "no matter what rule I tried it didn't work" no matter the rule she still wasn't able to replicate all mighty strength. There is no reasoning for 2km rather its proving my point. You keep repeating the same argument I refuted over and over again
That’s not answering my question.

She can make a construct of air at least 1000x her size. That is not NLF. That is fact.

Where is it stated she cannot do that.

That’s not answering my question.

She can make a construct of air at least 1000x her size. That is not NLF. That is fact.

Where is it stated she cannot do that.
Ok can anyone please add universal to stars and stripes profile since she hasn't shown to be able to not do it it must be canon. Kingofwolves says so

Ok can anyone please add universal to stars and stripes profile since she hasn't shown to be able to not do it it must be canon. Kingofwolves says so
Ah, so you have nothing.

Nice talk then. Enjoy staring at 7-A for a while, cause it’s not going anywhere for a little bit, and if it does go away, it won’t be because of you.

You guys are too literally repeating the same argument over and over again the only difference being another opinion on the matter

Back