• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

So even you said the sizes are inconsistent so why use the absolute high end? Again the jets make for a much better comparison than the giant thing that has shown to be 20 times less than what she is supposed to be. Don't y'all realise that missiles being 6C makes zero sense at all? And a nomu scaling to that even less

I brought up several arguments over the course of this debate and the only way you guys "debunked" it was by bringing up a single statement over and over again.
1. It makes zero sense for a nomu to scale to tgis
2. She is SHOWN to be way smaller than that
3. Even if she is 2km using the character who has not in a single panel had a consistent size to scale of to rather than the more consistent jets makes zero sense for me. The jets are close enough to the explosion to make for a good comparison and wouldn't scaling of her be kind of a high end then
4. Missiles being 100 times stronger than the strongest nuke that exist in the real and having a diameter of 20 km(2.2 times the height of the biggest mountain that exists by the way) don't make any sense at all in a world with so many similarities to ours

Are we really arguing that the most specific statement and power usage in the entire series is wrong because Horikoshi, who we know doesn’t do sizes 1:1 accurately, ever, especially with large constructs, didn’t draw Shigaraki and Star as literal dots on paper?

So even you said the sizes are inconsistent so why use the absolute high end? Again the jets make for a much better comparison than the giant thing that has shown to be 20 times less than what she is supposed to be. Don't y'all realise that missiles being 6C makes zero sense at all? And a nomu scaling to that even less
The “absolute high end” is what is stated and utilized by her power. Can you give a reason why her power would not create a construct 1000x her size.

How big are the jets then? Cause last I checked the jets are also inconsistent. One shot of the jets has Star being about 1/4th the width of it, and another has her being bigger than that. Another has her being smaller. So your point of reference is also inconsistent.

If there are a ton of inconsistencies, you use the one that makes the most sense. Star is consistently bigger than Shigaraki. So upscaling her, something her own power literally and specifically does, is the most direct way.

The inconsistencies exist regardless of what method is used, using your “size comparisons” is worthless since it will be the exact same problems.

It is a limitation of the Medium. Manga will never be 1:1 even with statements, not because in-verse there’s a problem, but because drawing it is stupid. Horikoshi has employed that several times.

Check Mount Lady’s height and tell me she’s always drawn to scale.

I brought up several arguments over the course of this debate and the only way you guys "debunked" it was by bringing up a single statement over and over again.
3. Even if she is 2km using the character who has not in a single panel had a consistent size to scale of to rather than the more consistent jets makes zero sense for me. The jets are close enough to the explosion to make for a good comparison and wouldn't scaling of her be kind of a high end then
4. Missiles being 100 times stronger than the strongest nuke that exist in the real and having a diameter of 20 km(2.2 times the height of the biggest mountain that exists by the way) don't make any sense at all in a world with so many similarities to ours
Nomu survived it. It scales to a single missile. Why would it not scale.

Inconsistent sizes from Horikoshi’s drawings. Get used to it.

Jets are also inconsistent and depend on her and Shigaraki’s size as well. You got a stated size for them?

Fantasy land nukes from 200 years in the future America are stronger than nukes today. What a shocker.

I'd like to say again, the Nomu did indeed survive the missiles and yes it was heavily injured, but it still survived. Shigaraki is able to give a command to the Nomu and it follows it. He doesn't forcibly activate the self destruction, he told it to explode and it did.

If 10 missiles weren't enough to blow the Nomu's body to pieces then it should be able to withstand a single missile, which would be 10X weaker. We can't say anything higher, but he should at least be able to take a single missile.

Do y'all need this 6C so bad?
I don't get why you are trying to get pixel scaling approved for something we have hard figures for. There are no questions on whether the giant is 1000 times Star's size since it is outright stated in the manga.

Nomu scales because it survived. In fact it is even lowballed to one missile so people don't complain but it is a fact is survived the entire bombardment. It still had it's limbs intact and everything and could even listen to Shigaraki's self destruction order.

I can't Pixel scale so I used a ruler for sizes. I will assume the jets are 5 meters long as low and 10 as high end(thiugh its very clear they are 5). The explosion diameter in the panel is 7cm on my screen the jets are above 1mm so 70 times less. 70 times 5 meters = explosion diameter of 350 meters 70 times 10 meters=700 meters explosion diameter.
I find it funny to imagine them just fiddling with their ruler on the screen of the device they are using.

Then saying this in the end
I am not really experienced tho so might be wrong

I don't get any of your points. I was simply stating a radius of 9km night make no sense at all. Agai as y'all pointed out there are size inconsistencies so why assume that that particular panel is in scale?
1. A nomu being 6C is an outlier. Why would a nomu scale so much above anyone else in The world. By saying he scales to it you guys are only proving my point that the explosion can't possibly be 6C.
2. The jets are not nearly as inconsistent as the giant would be tho. Also horikoshi literally intends on drawing her on that size. He constantly has drawn her to be about 100 meters tall.
3. You do realize her power has limits? Assuming 1000 times the size perfectly worked when she wasn't able to replicate the strength of all might.
4. By bringing up the jets I was suggesting a low end BECAUSE horikoshi draws sizes inconsistently. After all I am sure he didn't intend for them to be hundreds of times stronger than any Nuke, tho that's just speculation

I don't get any of your points. I was simply stating a radius of 9km night make no sense at all. Agai as y'all pointed out there are size inconsistencies so why assume that that particular panel is in scale?
1. A nomu being 6C is an outlier. Why would a nomu scale so much above anyone else in The world. By saying he scales to it you guys are only proving my point that the explosion can't possibly be 6C.
2. The jets are not nearly as inconsistent as the giant would be tho. Also horikoshi literally intends on drawing her on that size. He constantly has drawn her to be about 100 meters tall.
3. You do realize her power has limits? Assuming 1000 times the size perfectly worked when she wasn't able to replicate the strength of all might.
4. By bringing up the jets I was suggesting a low end BECAUSE horikoshi draws sizes inconsistently. After all I am sure he didn't intend for them to be hundreds of times stronger than any Nuke, tho that's just speculation
"I don't get any of you points"
Here you confirm you have some reading comprehension and is arguing against something you don't understand yourself. That is so brain dead, not being rude or anything. Assuming that The reason we use that because the author's intentions were clear, he wanted this explosion to dwarf Star's giant. That was the entire point in him quantifying star's giant's size. It was literally used for scaling. Otherwise there was no point in doing so.
1. The Nomu isn't 6-C, he's 7-A for taking a portion of the damage. Pretty sure this has been stated. What's wrong with him being 7-A? He scales to Tomura who took countless smash from Deku who in a weaker state had a mountain level feat.
2. The jet's are inconsistent in size, everything on that panel is inconsistent in size. This doesn't refute the statement on her size. The author's job isn't supposed to keep everything on panel 100%, it's to get a story across. This argument is just based in personal preferences and unreasonable arguments.
3. When it reahces that limit she literally says it or the rule itself simply cancels out. In this case you would have to prove its a limitation. The fact that she was already accustomed to this attack would also prove this wasn't her first time using it so that already just slams ur argument.
4. Ur assumptions doesn't matter go away

damage's evil clone
Imao
Evil_Damage.png

Last edited:
1. I meant your points don't refute most of what I said and just don't make much sense at all. And even if he intends to make the explosion dwarf her giant there is still no reason to assume it's properly in scale of we know sizes are inconsistent
2. No, he tanked the explosion, are you purposely trying to downplay it so it's not seen as outlier? Even 7A doesn't make much sense. I can later elaborate why I think 7A for the two heroes feat is incorrect but it would take too much time. A nomu scaling to shigaraki in my eyes makes no sense. In that case wouldn't he even scale above him?
3. She was literally limited in how much she could change her strength. Assuming a limitation for a wish such as a giant the size of a mountain isn't too far off too. After all we know it has limitations so the rules/statement can actually be false. In that case simply scaling her size would make more sense. You are just assuming it's not a limitation while the shown sizes support the fact that it's not even close and what exactly proves she was accustomed to it? Even if she was that wouldn't prove she is 1000 times her size
4. You ignored my point entirely and only focusing on the assumption which I myself state that it might be incorrect due to being an assumption. You didn't refute anything

Also you are assuming the intend of the author too by suggesting it was meant to demonstrate the giant being 2km when you yourself said my assumptions on authors intend don't matter. That's hypocritical

Again what makes you assume the multiplier of 1000 is accurate when her ability is known to have restrictions? In that case calcing that just Anne's more sense. He is assuming that the author intended an explosion with a radius 5 times greater than that of the tsar bomba but says my assumption he wouldn't intend that is wrong.

Again what makes you assume the multiplier of 1000 is accurate when her ability is known to have restrictions? In that case calcing that just Anne's more sense. He is assuming that the author intended an explosion with a radius 5 times greater than that of the tsar bomba but says my assumption he wouldn't intend that is wrong.
Why didn’t Star react then if her rule didn’t do what she said it to do?

What even is that argument. She supposed to get all frustrated over it not being exactly 1000 times her height, she my not even be able to tell the difference between 1000 and 2000 and it's already proven her quirk has restrictions. You guys are assuming there aren't any restrictions to that one when the sizes presented to us contradict 2km
Also you guys aren't using a low end for the nomu you are just downplaying so it's nkt an outlier. And I will get to the 7A feat later

By now Star should know most of the limits of her Quirk, demonstrated by her constant struggle to match the power of All Might. Her "Fist Bump To The Earth" is a super special move, which means she has definitely used it before, it's ridiculous to think the giant isn't 1000 times her size when her rule dictated so.

Again what makes you assume the multiplier of 1000 is accurate when her ability is known to have restrictions? In that case calcing that just Anne's more sense.
Because she stated it would be 1000X bigger and it happened, also considering she has a name for the technique I highly doubt this was the first time she did that. You need to provide evidence, not a baseless assumption, that shows the statement is incorrect.

Pretty sure it would've been mentioned if her rule was wrong and the giant wasn't the size she said it should be. Especially when it's invisible to her, yet she can accurately control it without any issue. Pretty sure that'd be impossible if the giant was much smaller than what she believed.

Saying it makes more sense to you is not evidence, and is utterly irrelevant. You're arguing against something without providing any evidence to support your claim.

She knowing the linitations(which is also an assumption by you) would not change the fact that this might be too much. Say her giant is restricted to 500 meters. When she imposes the rule 2km then it would be still 500 meters. Why would it be easier to just go with a safe bet. She ain't measuring the height of her giant so that she can say 500 meter instead of 2km right? Your pint makes below zero sense man. The same way she would rather impose a rule that gives her more strength than she is limited to than to say "I am twice as strong as before". You get what I am saying? In fact this would probably only support that 1000 times bigger is above her limit

And why am I nkt the one presenting evidence when you guys are basing of assumptions you guys made. Even if she already used that technique it doesn't mean that 2km fits. And you don't need to know the exact sizes of something to control it. Your points don't make any sense and you guys are ignoring all the other points I made.

Back