• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Probably should've kept your previous version (Or another blog), so that they could be compared to each other.

Have to wait for Therefir's evaluation, but this rating isn't an outlier as the AP value only scales to Shindo and his durability would be upgraded to 8.33 Tons or High 8-C+.
? I got his durability at 8-B

Probably should've kept your previous version (Or another blog), so that they could be compared to each other.

Have to wait for Therefir's evaluation, but this rating isn't an outlier as the AP value only scales to Shindo and his durability would be upgraded to 8.33 Tons or High 8-C+.
Yeah it wouldn’t mess up the scaling chain since Shindo is pretty much the only person who scales to the attack

Did you SEE how many layers of muscle fibers he had on? If anything, he was more on guard than distracted.
He wasn’t actively resisting Deku’s attack, he was just standing there, pinning Earthquake dude.

At best, he’s heavier and Deku moved a somewhat heavy object with an Air Force smash. But he wasn’t pushing back a Muscular who was resisting him at full strength.

I mentioned this a while ago, but are we going to add 45% Deku pushing back fully bulked Muscular as further justification for his AP?
Pushing someone doesn't equal harming them, Endeavor sends Shigaraki flying but we don't scale him to Shigaraki's durability. They didn't clash with each other and Muscular was overpowered. The attack just needs to be strong enough to move his own weight.

To scale, there needs to be something to show Muscular was injured by that attack, and that he was in his strongest muscle state as well. Though I believe Muscular was already weakened by Yo's attack as well.

I just checked some profiles to find stars and stripes have 7A, all might and shigaraki too and a 6C calc for missiles? What have I missed lol

Ok just looked at the missile calc and I heavily disagree with the sizes. It's not even close to that.
1. Scaling of the depth of the ocean is entirely an assumption with no backup for the size.
2. The giant stars and stripes is clearly not 2km tall. We literally have her in comparison to other characters. Assuming 2km is right all the characters would be close to a hundred meter tall, the jets would be 100 meters or above and the missiles themselves are 200 meters long (by comparing it to her fist in size) and I don't get why would use her size rather than the jets with consistent sizes. I can't Pixel scale so I used a ruler for sizes. I will assume the jets are 5 meters long as low and 10 as high end(thiugh its very clear they are 5). The explosion diameter in the panel is 7cm on my screen the jets are above 1mm so 70 times less. 70 times 5 meters = explosion diameter of 350 meters
70 times 10 meters=700 meters explosion diameter. Radius would be half that. The sizes are more consistent in my opinion and actually make sense for missiles instead of assuming it several dozens of times stronger than the strongest nuke ever made in the real world. So instead of a radius of 9km(height of mount everest btw) we have a diameter of at least 350 meters. Also more consistent with the verse. I am not really experienced tho so might be wrong

Ok just looked at the missile calc and I heavily disagree with the sizes. It's not even close to that.
1. Scaling of the depth of the ocean is entirely an assumption with no backup for the size.
2. The giant stars and stripes is clearly not 2km tall. We literally have her in comparison to other characters. Assuming 2km is right all the characters would be close to a hundred meter tall, the jets would be 100 meters or above and the missiles themselves are 200 meters long (by comparing it to her fist in size) and I don't get why would use her size rather than the jets with consistent sizes. I can't Pixel scale so I used a ruler for sizes. I will assume the jets are 5 meters long as low and 10 as high end(thiugh its very clear they are 5). The explosion diameter in the panel is 7cm on my screen the jets are above 1mm so 70 times less. 70 times 5 meters = explosion diameter of 350 meters
70 times 10 meters=700 meters explosion diameter. Radius would be half that. The sizes are more consistent in my opinion and actually make sense for missiles instead of assuming it several dozens of times stronger than the strongest nuke ever made in the real world. So instead of a radius of 9km(height of mount everest btw) we have a diameter of at least 350 meters. Also more consistent with the verse. I am not really experienced tho so might be wrong
Here we go

Btw would be more consistent with the nomu surviving. Using said sizes as the sizes for the aftermath of the explosion and using 100% vaporization for the ground and the water we would get small city results, close to city level. And considering shigaraki was hurt(and so was the nomu) it seems that their durability is also not thaaat much

The giant's size was made to be 1000X bigger than her, her statement takes precedence over any faulty pixel scaling. Especially when the jets are not scalable, as they are too far away from the explosion. Perspective is a thing, the jets are closer to the "camera" than Star's air giant is. So of course they'd look bigger, if they were right next to Star they'd be far smaller.

The explosion dwarfs the air giant, which is once again over 1000X bigger than her. Even low balling beyond reason that she is the same height as Shigaraki, that makes the explosion bigger than 1.75 kilometers. Anything less is just downplaying.

None of the characters are hundreds of meters tall with this, and you haven't provided any scans of what your saying. It isn't possible to have a debate unless you provide evidence for what you're saying, if you don't than there is no discussion to be had.

Bro literally look at the manga. This is clear wankinh. Look at chapter 332.the missiles where shown to not be even close to 5 meters in length when almost directly compared to stars and stripes. The same one that fit perfectly Into the giants hands. By that logic the missiles would scale to the width of her palm and would be 50 meters in size. We also see shigaraki and sns herself in comparison to the giant. Calculations would get the giant to 100 meters at the very best simply by comparison to all the characters. Assuming that the 1000 times bigger statement is 100 percent accurate would also assume that all the people involved in this fight would be 10 meters tall. You are clearly wanking this. What makes more sense to you, an explosion caused by missiles with a diameters of 20 km, several times the height of mount everest, and a nomu tanking an island level attack, or a diameter of 350 meters with more accurate calculations and a nomu surviving an attack close to city level? These are the most inflated sizes I have ever seen. I know size inconsistencies are a thing but not if she has been constantly shown as below 100 meters in height. I don't need to provide a scan when you can literally just look at the manga.

And why exactly? 6C durability for nomu is more accurate than 7B?alright then. If you want to believe missiles were island level, far above out strongest nuke ever and has a radius bigger than the height of the tallest MOUNTAIN then do so. But 6C is the clearest mha wank ever.

And why exactly? 6C durability for nomu is more accurate than 7B?alright then. If you want to believe missiles were island level, far above out strongest nuke ever and has a radius bigger than the height of the tallest MOUNTAIN then do so. But 6C is the clearest mha wank ever.
...? No one is 6-C, so I don't know why you're saying that. Calling something wank doesn't help your point, instead it makes people take you less seriously.

This is a Fallacy, you haven't provided any reason that the explosion cannot be that size/strong other than you don't believe it. Provide evidence in the series that shows that the size/power of the explosion is wrong. Saying that you find it hard to believe isn't evidence.

The jets are farther away from the giant... they aren't in the center of the explosion since they'd be destroyed. Are you trolling, they are clearly not being hit by the blast. Once again it is hard to take you seriously when you provide nothing to prove your point.

I have read the manga and nothing says they're 10 meters tall, you must provide proof of this. I'll say this, I've seen no shots that suggest that the giant size is inaccurate.

And even if there was one shot that shows the size being smaller, her statement is 100% truth, while Horikoshi can just make a mistake while drawing. It's a manga, the size is never going to be 100% consistent with every shot. The explosion dwarfs something that is over 1.7 kilometers in size, you must provide evidence of the contrary.

If you can't, then there is no discussion here.

Last edited:
Are you actually playing dumb right now or do you not understand
1. Apparently a nomu was hit by it and survived and by your logic stars and stripes(or her giant) too.
2. I did you just chose to ignore it cause I haven't sent any links when you can literally just take a look at the manga. This is not a fallacy and you are ignoring blatant size comparisons between the entirety of the chapter 330-332.
3. It's clear the jets are still pretty close to the explosion. Scaling of that size should not be a problem considering how far away from the front they are
4. I think you don't understand my point. If we use a size of 2km for the giant then all characters, the jets and the missiles would be too big to make any sense. We had direct size comparison between the character. One of many examples for example is when we see stars and stripes in comparison to the missiles and the same missiles in comparison to the giant. The width of her palm would be around 1/50 of her total height using realistic proportions. That would mean the missiles would be 50 meters tall by being longer than the width of the hand. Stars and stripes would be several dozen meters tall too. A single statement against 10 panels giving a direct size comparison.
5. It's not a single size inconsistency. She is consistently far below 2km in any of the panels she was shown in. You must be delusional to think missiles are Island level

Also think 7A is not correct. Why was the size of the explosion rather than what it actually did used. We San see the part that got dispersed was only slightly bigger in diameter than the island.

1. No but we have a direct comparison to Stars and stripes in chaoter 332 and pretty sure with the Jess too. We also have several site comparisons with all the characters and the giant stars and stripes. And 50 meters length is absolutely illogical
2. She is consistenty below 100 meters probably from what's shown. I can't see 9km radius

I don't know how to send scans. But in the last page of chapter 332 we see the giants hand in comparison to the jets. In chapter 331 we see the giant in comparison to shigaraki when punching him and as I already said the giant stars and stripes in comparison to the missiles.
That's many actual size comparisons while all the evidence for using 2km is just her saying it's 1000 times bigger. We don't have any evidence for 2km

We use Star's size since we have a hard number for the giants size. It is 1000 times Star's size so you can just easily multiply that. Star looks around 2 meters tall in comparison with Shigaraki who's around 5'9.

I don't know how to send scans. But in the last page of chapter 332 we see the giants hand in comparison to the jets. In chapter 331 we see the giant in comparison to shigaraki when punching him and as I already said the giant stars and stripes in comparison to the missiles.
That's many actual size comparisons while all the evidence for using 2km is just her saying it's 1000 times bigger. We don't have any evidence for 2km
The 1000 times is the easier and most direct way of scaling. Pixel scaling doesn't even account for depth perception most of the time so it's best to avoid using it when we have hard figures given in the manga.

You can just see the issues with just using visuals to calc stuff with the Two Heroes tower where how it looked in the movie did not match at all with the building dimensions given in supplementary material.

Again a single statement is supposed to be factually more accurate than several panels that put show her much below 2km. And even if 2km is true given how much size inconsistencies there are choosing her "real" height for this feat would also give inconsistent sizes wouldn't it. Why not scale it to the much more consistent jets that aren't tgat far from the explosion either in that panel. This is such obvious wank

Pixelscaling? Bro just call it a size comparison. Also even if she states it's 1000 times bigger you don't really have a way to prove this+she is literally shown being less than 100 meters In all the panel its been in. And with so much size inconsistencies you would rather scale the explosion to the person whos size varies from 2km to 100 meter? That's a 20 fold difference. Why nkt assume that this too might be an inconsistency rather than making the explosion diameter 20km? Do you guys know how absurdly large this is

1. Horikoshi is VERY iffy when it comes to consistent size. So a statement is far more reliable than trying to eyeball it.

2. Three people scale to it. Nomu, and Star (somewhat) and Shigaraki, who should be stronger than the Nomu. Also the jets, who Star is stated to be able to destroy with her giant, which uses her strength.

Also even if she states it's 1000 times bigger you don't really have a way to prove this
Yes I do. She gave an order that the air would mold into a construct of herself that is 1000x larger than herself. That takes precedence over any visuals, so you're going to have to try something else if you want to really argue this.

Back