• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

While we don't exactly know how many heroes exist, I wouldn't be surprised if a large group could bring down one, also because there are more than one, they can learn from the mistakes others make

Yeah but do we really think a bunch of rando heroes could take down All Might?
Since we're scaling those Near High Ends to him iirc.
YES absolutely, All Might is Human just like the rest of the people in MHA, he's as susceptible to good planning if someone or some group is truly determined to bring him down. He can be haxxed to death easily and given MHA world it wouldn't surprise me if a quirk existed that perfectly counters him

YES absolutely, All Might is Human just like the rest of the people in MHA, he's as susceptible to good planning if someone or some group is truly determined to bring him down. He can be haxxed to death easily and given MHA world it wouldn't surprise me if a quirk existed that perfectly counters him
All Might is narratively some nigh-untouchable God even at his lowest point. It's hard for me to buy that.

All Might is narratively some nigh-untouchable God even at his lowest point. It's hard for me to buy that.
Because that's all we see and nobody aside from Tomura actually thought they could do it with full seriousness, and he's the only one who brought an actual multi man fighting force to fight All Might made of more than like, seven people. If Tomura did sit around and actually ran in which the Nomu was grappling All Might and touched him, game over.

Yeah they even mention more then half of them died just takeing down half of those things

Also if class 1-A together can work together to catch flax 100% deku then why can't a masive group of pro heroes do the same but in power

Yeah they even mention more then half of them died just takeing down half of those things

Also if class 1-A together can work together to catch flax 100% deku then why can't a masive group of pro heroes do the same but in power
Well, it took like 20 different ultimate moves from their quirks to even reach Deku's speed, and even then, only Iida was capable of going that fast, and he could barely handle going that fast. You'd need a large group of pro heroes with decent quirks to really pull off a similar feat.

Gran Torino implied the heroes left in battle would be able to take down Shigaraki without Deku's help and that he is just gonna act as Aizawa's transport, but then they were interrupted by the Near High-Ends.

In chapter 269 we can see a random hero cutting through a High-End's nose like it was nothing, so yeah, those heroes are definitely built different.

All Might isn't some kind of God that would be able to take on the entirety of Japan's heroes by himself.

Sometimes the series has some random top tiers popping out who haven't really made a name for themselves. You could meet a random guy on the street and they end up being high-tier given how random quirks are.

Like imagine all the heroes Nine stole quirks from: Bullet Laser, Air Wall/Shield, and Hydra are all super OP quirks even by themselves yet the heroes who had them were random unknowns.

This is where you gotta remember the hero rankings aren't all about strength. There might be some powerful heroes out there who are slacking. Or heroes with powerful quirks (Pixie Bob, Thirteen) but poor combat experience.

Like I genuinely think Earth Flow and Black Hole are some of the most powerful quirks in the series but their users aren't exactly combat oriented.

We also saw someone like Cementoss burst out some crazy moves.

I believe that we're shown that his muscle fibers don't completely absorb the impact from 100% smashes. They were getting ripped apart second by second from the force of Deku's punch. If All Might were to continuously barrage Muscular with punches, (which is something Deku could not achieve thanks to the drawbacks to using 100% at the time), Muscular wouldn't stand much of a chance.

Think about it, if All Might can hit the U.S.J Nomu 300 times in a short time frame to the point that he can bypass Nomu's shock-absorption, it's not much of a stretch to assume that All Might could bypass Muscular's defense. So while I do think that Muscular is definitely comparable in terms of AP for OFA at its max percentage, he wouldn't last that long in a serious fight against All Might or Full Cowling 100% Deku.

Still, the fact that Muscular managed to absorb impact from a 100% Smash, to begin with, shows that he's just built differently than the average meta-human. There are not many people who'd live to tell the tale of getting punched right in the face by All Might or Deku at full power.

Sometimes the series has some random top tiers popping out who haven't really made a name for themselves. You could meet a random guy on the street and they end up being high-tier given how random quirks are.

Like imagine all the heroes Nine stole quirks from: Bullet Laser, Air Wall/Shield, and Hydra are all super OP quirks even by themselves yet the heroes who had them were random unknowns.

This is where you gotta remember the hero rankings aren't all about strength. There might be some powerful heroes out there who are slacking. Or heroes with powerful quirks (Pixie Bob, Thirteen) but poor combat experience.

Like I genuinely think Earth Flow and Black Hole are some of the most powerful quirks in the series but their users aren't exactly combat oriented.

We also saw someone like Cementoss burst out some crazy moves.
I still think Black Hole is literally insane. I hope Shiggy doesn’t get his hands on that

There’s also the fact that Muscular, while he is just ”some rando”, he’s a rando who’s been killing and honing his strength for a long, long time.

That, and while he can take 100% punches from a weaker Deku, he wouldn’t last a second against All Might who can simply punch again, and again, and again with no drawback.

Aye Ym, how accurate are these?

Back