• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I don't believe he ever says that, just that the Nomu were modeled after him. However the other reasonings are still fine, since from how the doctor was acting, he seems to believe that Machia is superior to any of the Near High-Ends. And Machia was able to break out of Jeanist's Carbon Fibers, while the Near High-Ends could not.

I'm pretty sure the term perfect Nomu was only used for Shigaraki.

Chapter 296, it was stated that three of the Near High-Ends had been captured. And in Chapter 295, we can see Jeanist starting to restraining one of them and he likely got the other Nomu that is behind the one he grabbed. The third Near High-End is being pinned down by Nejire in the left panel.

Since AFO seems to order the Near High-Ends to grab him and escape, I don't see why they wouldn't resist him whatsoever.

Edit: The doctor states the Near High-Ends are quite strong, while he considers Machia a calamity. Chapter 276 and 283

I don't believe he ever says that, just that the Nomu were modeled after him. However the other reasonings are still fine, since from how the doctor was acting, he seems to believe that Machia is superior to any of the Near High-Ends. And Machia was able to break out of Jeanist's Carbon Fibers, while the Near High-Ends could not.

I'm pretty sure the term perfect Nomu was only used for Shigaraki.
While that justification isn't bad, couldn't it also have something to do with the fact that Machia is like a dozen times bigger than any other Nomu? Seems like it would take more effort to restrain him beyond just AP.

While that justification isn't bad, couldn't it also have something to do with the fact that Machia is like a dozen times bigger than any other Nomu? Seems like it would take more effort to restrain him beyond just AP.
I mean he broke the cables, and he was restrained far more heavily than any of the Near High-Ends. In fact it took all of Jeanist's concentration to keep Machia pinned.

While one, possibly even two Near High-Ends were unable to break those cables.

And I'd like to say once again, the Doctor considers the Nomu to be quite strong, but calls Machia a calamity. He was far more excited to hear Machia was coming, than seeing multiple Near High-Ends walking around. At the least he shouldn't be scaling below the High-Ends.

I heavily doubt its size alone that makes Garaki consider Machia a literal calamity and doom to all of the heroes greater even than the Near High Ends.

Machia is only bigger than Mount Lady by like 5 meters. He could be referring to his Mole quirk and Stamina, but I severely doubt he wouldn't place Machia's actual AP above the High Ends as well.

I heavily doubt its size alone that makes Garaki consider Machia a literal calamity and doom to all of the heroes greater even than the Near High Ends.

That's not what I said.

Should have clarified my original post.

I meant more that Gigantomachia's much bigger size would make him a harder target to immobilize.

That's not what I said.

Should have clarified my original post.

I meant more that Gigantomachia's much bigger size would make him a harder target to immobilize.
Well, size wasn't an issue for Jeanist there. He's held up the tokyo sky egg. Actually wrapping the carbon fiber around Machia wasn't difficult, and when Machia went to sleep, he could immediately divert attention to the League and bind them near instantly while keeping Machia still fully wrapped.

It was when Machia was fighting back that he struggled to hold him down, because he was overpowering the force he could put out with his quirk. As opposed to the High Ends which he could also hold back.

Would Bakugou scale (for PLW Arc atleast) to Tokoyami in a darker enviorment? (22.58 tons of tnt according to the current page). Only asking because I don't think Bakugou (PLW) Scales to anything other then baseline and this would make sense given that he still can fight alongside Deku and other pros V.S Shigaraki (Even if he was severally outclassed). He shouldn't be that much weaker than Tokoyami either given what we've seen from his performance earlier in the series (against other opponents)

We don't scale with just speculation, if Horikoshi has an idea for his strength we will see it soon.

Right now Bakugo has nothing that points to him scaling to anything higher than what he already does. He most likely will in the future, we just have to be patient.

We don't scale with just speculation, if Horikoshi has an idea for his strength we will see it soon.

Right now Bakugo has nothing that points to him scaling to anything higher than what he already does. He most likely will in the future, we just have to be patient.
Ah ok (his lack of feats annoys me given that he's supposed to be Deku's rival of sorts yet he gets almost no feats to scale from)

Pain

There were a few interesting moments tho, like Deku saw a bunch of rocks in slow motion, an arrow travelled a massive distance in a short time, and 100% Deku was generating colors in the final fight
i calc the rocks thingy at massively hypersonic i think, tho I may have messed up somewhere

Back