• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

quick question of something I don't understand:
Why does Deku 8% scale Bakugo exactly x1.6 times?
Percentage BS or something, since 8% is at least 1.6 times stronger than 5%.

Izuku's percentages aren't linear, we don't treat them as such since 5% would be City level. However the gap between his percentages are always higher than what they should be, so in this case they used 1.6X since in every other occasion the jump between his percentages was bigger than the normal gap between percentages.

So 8% is at least 1.6X stronger than 5%.

The explosion is too narrow to use the formula, a calc group member who came recommended me that at least the explosion should be somewhat uniform.
ah ok, I had though using the explosions final scene (at 6.92 seconds in the Gif I have for it) would have been used

It really isn't important, and honestly shouldn't have been a thing.

8% scale to 8.12 Tons, that multiplier thing just puts him at 8.2 Tons. Without it he becomes very slightly weaker, by such a small amount.

quick question 2: (I'm looking at MHA profiles and asking what I see)
The justification of the resistance of the second key of Overhaul seems strange to me:
"City Block level (Fused his body with Nemoto's, who could survive attacks from Mirio, though he was temporarily knocked out, and Mirio was being affected by Sakaki's Quirk)"

What survived? Mirio is a hero, and at no time does he try to kill anyone (the objective was to rescue Eri and Lock up the villains), besides that Sasaki's part is irrelevant (unless I have not understood or forgotten something).

The justification of the resistance of the second key of Overhaul seems strange to me:
"City Block level (Fused his body with Nemoto's, who could survive attacks from Mirio, though he was temporarily knocked out, and Mirio was being affected by Sakaki's Quirk)"

What survived? Mirio is a hero, and at no time does he try to kill anyone (the objective was to rescue Eri and Lock up the villains), besides that Sasaki's part is irrelevant (unless I have not understood or forgotten something).
Sasaki's quirk makes people in his radius equally drunk to how he is (I think that's how it works), which may decrease accuracy, speed and power

I forgot to change Overhaul's profile when the 8% downgrades occurred leave me alone.

Was the 740 MT Heroes Rising Calc and the Upscaling from it given the Greenlight in the current CRT?

Or has there been no comment by Damage or other staff about it yet?

Was the 740 MT Heroes Rising Calc and the Upscaling from it given the Greenlight in the current CRT?

Or has there been no comment by Damage or other staff about it yet?
Damage disagrees with any upscaling period, no matter what the verse is. So I think he doesn't involve himself with it, unless he really disagrees with it. Though take that with a grain of salt, at the least he hasn't agreed or disagreed.

However he said that he is pretty sure Heroes Rising calc wouldn't be an outlier.

Damage disagrees with any upscaling period, no matter what the verse is. So I think he doesn't involve himself with it, unless he really disagrees with it. Though take that with a grain of salt, at the least he hasn't agreed or disagreed.

However he said that he is pretty sure Heroes Rising calc wouldn't be an outlier.
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

The pilot starts throwing against shigaraki with star with his Todo move of swapping places with objects or people

Okay so leaks came out. Star and Stripe has indeed died after all (RIP), but she managed to spawn another SnS with her New Order quirk causing immense chaos within Shiggy/AFO. The thing even destroyed their "reflect" quirk so they could no longer keep the lasers at bay. Shigaraki is in deep shit right now and needs to get rid of New Order right then and there. Even then I'm still sad out that Cassie died.

Wait, SnS vestige can destroy quirks WTF?

Ahh I see so Stars was introduced so she can nerf AFO Shigaraki to the point where Deku can beat him by removing some of his op quirks. Man I wonder how many quirks AFO will lose from this.

Ahh I see so Stars was introduced so she can nerf AFO Shigaraki to the point where Deku can beat him by removing some of his op quirks. Man I wonder how many quirks AFO will lose from this.
Bruh. She was literally introduced to glass the shit out of Shiggy's powers and if he doesn't do something soon he might actually lose all his chances against Deku.

I may not have given the impression before but when I read the leaks I was actually kind of seething for what happened. Even now I'm quite disappointed for what happened. I'ma take more moments to take in what the **** just happened.

HA HA I CALLED IT. I LITERALLY CALLED IT. I SAID VESTIGE STAR WOULD BEGIN BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF SHIGARAKI AND AFO A FEW PAGES AGO.
Good job. The fact you predicted something like this days ago makes me even sadder. Perhaps I'll get a more optimistic view of what just happened.

This was probably one of MHA's best and worst fights. IDK how to feel about this my veins are being poisoned by sodium chloride RN.

Horikoshi is a genius, I've seen several people in the last few days complaining about how stupidly powerful Shigaraki would be with New Order, but now not only did he fail to steal it, but he's losing powers thanks to Star's sacrifice.
SnS should just kill AFO in Shiggy.

Back