• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Hey, here’s a great idea friends; we wait for officials before finalizing any calcs then make a thread about it. I don’t feel like clogging this thread further, especially since we’re all doing untagged spoilers rn.

In the meantime, I’m going to party hard that intercontinental missiles did jack shit to a character below Prime All Might, and we can start seeing that the lowballs are becoming less and less grounded.

So we should prob wait for high quality leaks to come out (should come out tmr) to get an accurate account of the Nomu’s condition
We will need the officials to be sure on the distance betwenn the nomu and the blast , be sure he did not regenerated after getting messed up yada yada yada

Still think it’s dumb how Stars and Stripes’ supposed strongest move didn’t even kill a High-End Nomu when her previous weaker attacks like the laser spear were heavily injuring both Tomura and the High-End Nomu.

Still think it’s dumb how Stars and Stripes’ supposed strongest move didn’t even kill a High-End Nomu when her previous weaker attacks like the laser spear were heavily injuring both Tomura and the High-End Nomu.
You've gotta except that heat /= destructive force, ever since high ends and tomura were introduced heat has been the most consistent method to deal damage to them

It came out of the hole Shigaraki was pierced through with the laser spear. So it was there too getting burned.
Shigaraki even showed a diagram of the whole thing
OdPcOLd.jpg

I see regeneration being brought up but you gotta remember it's still gotta be tough as hell to not instantly vaporize into nothing preventing said regeneration.

Lasers: Pierce right through Shigaraki instantly

Super combined laser, implied to be way stronger, larger than Shigaraki and envelops his whole body: slightly removes skin

Also the Nomu was blasted with lasers immediately before getting hit with the missiles. So it was definitely injured before taking the explosion. Meaning this feat is impressive no matter what you say.

Super combined laser, implied to be way stronger, larger than Shigaraki and envelops his whole body: slightly removes skin
Horikoshi: S U P E R S O N I C B U L L E T

Just saying he needs at least some level of heat resistance to even live that even with Regen

To be honest, I got a statement on this I feel like the only reason horikoshi gave shigaraki regen is because he wanted to draw shigaraki looking absolutely roasted. Like when he needs to be resistant he is, but otherwise.

Not surprising Horikoshi already said once he always planned to carve Deku up. Dude must pat himself on the back for giving Shigaraki regeneration.

To be honest, I got a statement on this I feel like the only reason horikoshi gave shigaraki regen is because he wanted to draw shigaraki looking absolutely roasted. Like when he needs to be resistant he is, but otherwise.

Flashfire peels his skin off consistently.

A point blank full-nelson Prominence Burn removes all his skin.

Seems consistent to me.

Not surprising Horikoshi already said once he always planned to carve Deku up. Dude must pat himself on the back for giving Shigaraki regeneration.
Like seriously though considering how many times he's gotten burnt to hell you would have tried to get yourself some sort of heat resistance quirk. If I was AFO once I get new order , forget the super-strength rule after all the times I've been almost vaporized, I'm keeping one rule constantly for heat resistance.
You actually made me do work. :(

Lasers went right through him. There are no jets behind him.

My mistake I thought someone was behind him.

Back