• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yeah the nomu did survive, we see it's body is still there just incredibly injured, it even has the energy to move and self destruct later in the chapter, the reason shigaraki avoided the attack was because he was just melted by the lasers, he needed time to recover. Here's the pictures

IMG_9155.jpg
I'm happy now

You see that’s weird cause the High Ends have more quirks AND are physically superior but why aren’t they dumb as bricks?
He got better at making them since USJ Nomu, and they are actually mentally stunted. They need cool downs to start forming plans, and they only seem to have a max of 3-5 quirks each, with the rest going into strength.

Shigaraki needed to be structured to be near their level of strength plus having literally all of the quirks. So he had less to work with in terms of strength enhancers, though even then it doesn’t seem to be putting him severely behind the high ends

High-End Nomu are not as tough as this combined missile strike.

There'd be zero purpose to actually calling in these missiles if they were supposed to be the equivalent of one of Mirko's kicks when put together.

"Does that mean he's like a perfected nomu" I.E Superior to USJ nomu.

"My Masterpiece" I.E Superior to High End Nomu
“Like a perfected Nomu”
doesn’t mean he’s stronger. It can simply mean he’s as strong, but doesnt have the intelligence of a literal fetus.

”My masterpiece”
Again, this doesn’t have to be referring to physical strength, and it likely isn’t.

Yeah no, this conflicts with statements from both Ujiko and aizawa that he's superior to both USJ nomu and high end nomu.

Apparently a guy who got one shotted by a villain and didn’t get to witnesses his entire fight is more accurate than a guy who studied a hero for years and created a being with ewual strength than that hero, then proceeded to build hundreds of other beings with strength superior to that.

We could downgrade the top tiers to 8-A and Mirko would still scale to one shotting them while getting one shot herself if they hit her directly. She is an anomaly to the series itself tbh.

Damage still has a point. Endeavor’s Jet Burn can rip off Hood’s arm. So Endeavor can throw a punch with force rivalling all these missiles put together
True. Hence why we should be using the inverse square law no? Also Star already admitted that Endeavor is above like all of her previous attacks, or at least her laser spear.

Regardless of the inevitable “outlier” statement coming up on the Nomu surviving this missile barrage, I’m satisfied.

Well these missiles all together messed up the Nomu. Endeavor can mutilate them with the force of his Jetburn so he’s rivalling all these missiles in power output.

Tbf SnS did state Endeavor's attacks were at least comparable to her giant laser, and heat attacks have already been considered to ignore durability anyway.
He tore off Hood’s arm with pure force.

Surviving it does not necessarily mean it will scale.

For example Shiggy survived Endeavor's Prominence Burn but took horrific damage from it, so I wouldn't say his durability is equal to Endeavor's Prominence Burn.
Don’t see why it wouldn’t.

Shiggy survived a barrage of 100% attacks from Deku and was massively injured even with regen, but he still scales to Deku in terms of durability. He’s listed at 7-B dura. Why couldn’t the same thing occur here?

The fact Endeavor’s jet burn is doing anything force wise to AM tier combatants already puts into question any hard limit on how strong he is tbh

Meruem survived the Rose bomb detonating in his face, but we don't scale his durability to it.

EDIT: Noticed it's mentioned in his durability section for some reason even though it doesn't actually affect his rating. I'll make a CRT to get that line removed.

It’s getting harder to tell what’s a legit feat and artistic liberty.

100% Deku punches so rapidly that he creates fire, flashes of light, and heats up the ground around him and Flect (from what I can tell anyways). Just interesting to note.

Shiggy survived a barrage of 100% attacks from Deku and was massively injured even with regen, but he still scales to Deku in terms of durability. He’s listed at 7-B dura. Why couldn’t the same thing occur here?
He downscales badly from that, Deku bodied him too hard to scale him directly

I woukd understand if the Nomu’s guts were legt hanging out, missing hella limbs and body was tore to pieces, but thats not the case here. He looked him some just kicked him n crap

Wasn’t Meruem like near death and had most of his limbs blown off after taking the Rose Bomb?
Yes.

The High-End Nomu may be on death's door too. And we've seen how quickly they can regenrate through Hood.

Judging it too quickly ahead of time is always a bad idea.

So we should prob wait for high quality leaks to come out (should come out tmr) to get an accurate account of the Nomu’s condition

Back