• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I support Damage here. The Monoma scaling is the most madness I've ever seen. Kinda shows how out of touch with reality a scaling site can be.

Sometimes this place is far too much of an echo chamber making people confuse their fan calcs for actual reality.

This place needs someone to ground this stuff with reality otherwise we end up with completely unreliable scaling.
Excuse me?

That scaling is perfectly reasonable and grounded in the literal story, nothing out of touch at all. This was proven in the thread that literally confirmed the scaling.

How in the heck are students being confirmed several times weaker than 8% a "madness."

I assume it has something to do with considering Monoma (without any Quirks) to be potentially capable of Large Building level attacks on his own.

I'm not going to get into AOE Fallacy stuff really, or start an argument bogging down the thread because this isn't a CRT and it's not worth arguing about. But can anyone here see Monoma doing something like this with one of his punches in-universe?

I think Monoma being capable of shattering a wall with his physical strikes is generous, let alone taking down structures / buildings with just his raw Striking Strength.

In a certain sense it's not a lot different than seeing someone who always walks everywhere but through scaling we say "They're capable of High Hypersonic sprinting. Yes, they don't have any speed augmenting Quirks and we've never seen them running... but they're rated High Hypersonic". That's just my analogy of the situation, not 100% accurate.

I assume it has something to do with considering Monoma (without any Quirks) to be potentially capable of Large Building level attacks on his own.

I'm not going to get into AOE Fallacy stuff really, or start an argument bogging down the thread because this isn't a CRT and it's not worth arguing about. But can anyone here see Monoma doing something like this with one of his punches in-universe?

I think Monoma being capable of shattering a wall with his physical strikes is generous, let alone taking down structures / buildings with just his raw Striking Strength.

In a certain sense it's not a lot different than seeing someone who always walks everywhere but through scaling we say "They're capable of High Hypersonic sprinting. Yes, they don't have any speed augmenting Quirks and we've never seen them running... but they're rated High Hypersonic". That's just my analogy of the situation, not 100% accurate.
This is an issue that is apparent in literally every single anime, if not every piece of fiction, I can think of. Are we really going to sit here and act like MHA is some special snowflake verse where being above peak human in speed isn't natural? Or that every single character being able to obliterate buildings with a thought is fine?

By your logic, no character should be anything over 10-B because they seem like humans and generally do human feats, so anything higher is ridiculous regardless of any scaling they might have because if they don't all do it its impossible for it to be true.

Look at Akame Ga Kill and tell me every single character there has done city level feats to justify their rating. Look at Fairy Tail and tell me the characters are constantly using their sub relativistic speed to move around. Look at Pokemon and unironically tell me that they all are destroying mountains with no issue whatsoever consistently in every single pokemon battle.

Why isn't Samus destroying every wall in her way if she's as strong as she is? Why don't normal Ninja's in Naruto level whole forests when they clash fists? Why don't Soul Eater characters obliterate every city block in a kilometer radius when they fight? Why on Earth do Yu Yu Hakusho characters not blitz through any instance of traveling at high hypersonic speed?

"They don't do it so they can't do it and no scaling should say they can do it" is, quite frankly, ridiculous to me. That is blatantly saying "other verses don't really follow that logic, but MHA doesn't have a universal power system, so we can pick on it all day for being somewhat realistic, even if it isn't really."

This is an issue that is apparent in literally every single anime, if not every piece of fiction, I can think of. Are we really going to sit here and act like MHA is some special snowflake verse where being above peak human in speed isn't natural? Or that every single character being able to obliterate buildings with a thought is fine?

Never said MHA was special.

Plenty of verses have questionable scaling I have issues with.

By your logic, no character should be anything over 10-B because they seem like humans and generally do human feats, so anything higher is ridiculous regardless of any scaling they might have because if they don't all do it its impossible for it to be true.

Nice strawman logic.

I also said I wasn't making a serious argument about it.

Why isn't Samus destroying every wall in her way if she's as strong as she is? Why don't normal Ninja's in Naruto level whole forests when they clash fists? Why don't Soul Eater characters obliterate every city block in a kilometer radius when they fight? Why on Earth do Yu Yu Hakusho characters not blitz through any instance of traveling at high hypersonic speed?

This is partly why VS Battles get mocked elsewhere online tbh. Because we overrate the hell of characters (we usually only give them a single, highest rating on their profile) and we act like they're that powerful all the time even when it conflicts with how the character normally is in the series.

"They don't do it so they can't do it and no scaling should say they can do it" is, quite frankly, ridiculous to me. That is blatantly saying "other verses don't really follow that logic, but MHA doesn't have a universal power system, so we can pick on it all day for being somewhat realistic, even if it isn't really."

More like, if Deku needs to use 8% One For All and Kirishima needs to use Hardening just to punch their way through a solid wall, how likely is it is that Monoma with no enhancements is many times stronger than their feat of breaking down a wall?

Consistency is important. How many supporting feats does Monoma have to be "possibly Large Building level"?

Look at Akame Ga Kill and tell me every single character there has done city level feats to justify their rating
As a supporter of the verse and someone who helped with the profiles, yes all and everything you see on their profile is justified and even lowballed. Yes even the large country level is lowballing.
Lastly, the verse has tons/more than 20 of city level feat and tanking of such feat and performed by fodder btw

More like, if Deku needs to use 8% One For All and Kirishima needs to use Hardening just to punch their way through a solid wall, how likely is it is that Monoma with no enhancements is many times stronger than their feat of breaking down a wall?

Consistency is important. How many supporting feats does Monoma have to be "possibly Large Building level"?
You are being completely disingenuous, Bakugo without his Quirk is just another trained student, yet he is capable of rivaling 5% Deku's strength and take those 8% attacks which can break walls like you said.

And the worst of all, Bakugo is not even the strongest student in Class 1-A without using Quirks, it is Mezo Shoji.

But you choose to ignore and argue against Monoma's ratings as if being High 8-C was something special and out of this world for a trained student.

Never said MHA was special.

Plenty of verses have questionable scaling I have issues with.

Nice strawman logic.

I also said I wasn't making a serious argument about it.

This is partly why VS Battles get mocked elsewhere online tbh. Because we overrate the hell of characters (we usually only give them a single, highest rating on their profile) and we act like they're that powerful all the time even when it conflicts with how the character normally is in the series.

So what, getting mocked is supposed to equate to "its wrong"? "Over rating" is a result of fiction, very often, not adhering to the normal rules of reality, because the story is more important than power scaling in 99% of cases.

Needed? So any feat of them breaking a wall is supposed to indicate a limit? Deku has better feats than breaking a wall with help in 5% let alone 8%, but of course, that single instance where he broke a wall with Kirishima is absolutely the limit of his power.

How many are there against? Is there some kind of rule that says you have to have a strength quirk to be building level? Do you know the average strength of an evolved Quirked individual? Remember how Deku worked so hard he could move freaking cars up trash hills but can be easily restrained? The kid can pick up 7 foot tall All Might but isn't even close to the most physically capable student in his base.

Heck, Shoji is literally stronger than Deku base to base, no quirks. Deku is a god damn superhuman without his quirk, and Shoji is better than him. Are you still going to argue these characters are realistic?

Endeavor doesn't have a strength quirk and is taking hits from people with strength enhancers better than people WITH strength enhancers. And don't give me a ridiculous "he trained tho" argument. No human being can train for 40 years and be building level, let alone what Endeavor is. Endeavor alone says no to the idea that a strength quirk is the requirement to be stronger than average, and Monoma is scaling to nearly the absolute bottom of the barrel, so trying to say he throws a wrench in anything is ridiculous.

Look at Mirio who could take out Kirishima through his hardening quirk. This same Mirio couldn't one shot Chisaki in any capacity. Chisaki has higher durability than someone with a durability enhancing quirk, demonstrably. The argument of needing a specific quirk to be higher than normal human level is wrong.

Eraserhead can fight giants in Vigilantes, with no strength enhancers, but is supposedly not even wall level?

Gran Torino as a frail old man with just a speed quirk can crack concrete and calls that trying a bit too hard.

Stain can dead ass scale walls and react to Deku, who is amped by a strength and speed quirk, but has no strength quirk.

Bakugo has no strength quirk and literally would one shot every single person on our earth with no difficulty, and is demonstrably comparable if not better than Deku, with his strength enhancer, in multiple cases.

Do I need to go on?

Stop equating normal people from our world to quirked, evolved, superhuman freaks of nature from the future in the MHA verse.

lol, no idea why you felt the need to post such a huge rant for an argument I already said I didn't want to get into on here.

Going to do us both a favor and ignore that post.

lol, no idea why you felt the need to post such a huge rant for an argument I already said I didn't want to get into on here.

Going to do us both a favor and ignore that post.
That's fine by me.

But know that the idea of people in mha needing enhancement type quirks to be stronger than normal people is absolutely wrong and not something that holds any weight when put against the series itself, let alone when actual fans get involved and look at it under a critical lens.

That's fine by me.

But know that the idea of people in mha needing enhancement type quirks to be stronger than normal people is absolutely wrong and not something that holds any weight when put against the series itself, let alone when actual fans get involved and look at it under a critical lens.
Didn't say they needed strength enhancing Quirks to be superhuman.

I have no issues at all with Monoma being stronger than any living real person.

It's him scaling to Large Building level that I find questionable.

Imao, you get exposed by your own contradictory arguments and this is all you can say in your defense.
I said from the beginning I didn't want to get involved in the argument.

Did you forget this isn't a CRT dude? I'm under zero obligation to pay attention to anything you say or respond to it on here.

You don't want to pay attention to anything I say on this thread too? That is also absolutely fine.

Bakugo: "There's nothing frail about her"

Shut up Bakugo, you could have vaporized Uraraka by swinging your arm in her general direction, our ratings are absolute and make complete sense with the context of the story and scenes.

What do you mean you got lucky against Dark Shadow? He's only a 9-A, you could have taken him down with a simple touch, those students hyping Dark Shadow as a real threat against you were lying.

Deku and Aizawa: Bakugo is not and never holds back.

Forget about that, Bakugo is always holding back thousands of times, he is such a good person.

I said from the beginning I didn't want to get involved in the argument.

Did you forget this isn't a CRT dude? I'm under zero obligation to pay attention to anything you say or respond to it on here.
And yet you come here to complain about our scaling, talk about being hypocritical.

Of course you wouldn't create a CRT, it would get denied instantly.

And yet you come here to complain about our scaling, talk about being hypocritical.

Of course you wouldn't create a CRT, it would get denied instantly.
I can complain all I want, just try and stop me.

I can complain all I want, just try and stop me.

IMG_2603.jpg

Didn't say they needed strength enhancing Quirks to be superhuman.

I have no issues at all with Monoma being stronger than any living real person.

It's him scaling to Large Building level that I find questionable.
It isn't questionable because normal people, like monoma, have feats on that level if not far, far higher. Him being less than large building level is the issue.

We know what your prerogative is, Damage. You want all the movies either removed or separated from the Manga. You don't believe Bakugo should scale to the explosions that go off in his own hands. You think only certain characters are above superhuman with no quirks, and anyone else being so is wrong. You think a specific feat is required in every single instance and scaling to other characters is wrong.

Your method of judging this series is flawed and goes against what the series should be.

I wish Horikoshi was like Murata. Murata literally stated in an interview that Geryuganshoop’s attacks move near the speed of light. Horikoshi just trolls
Hori be like: "You may be able to keep up with me at my max, super serious speed, but you can't dodge this supersonic Bullet, Crawler!!!!!!!"

Same character 4 chapters ago: could look at bullets in slow motion and have a full, vocal conversation before deciding to attack.

Back