• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

We should make a list of every MHA feat that was deemed an outlier.
I am genuinelly sad for you guys like i can accept the heroes rising cloud dispersal being an outlier because it has a lot of shitty going against it , but stuff like 10 tons bakugo is just why? Like the gap is very small and at worse it just means that bakugo other explosions have less AOE

I am genuinelly sad for you guys like i can accept the heroes rising cloud dispersal being an outlier because it has a lot of shitty going against it , but stuff like 10 tons bakugo is just why? Like the gap is very small and at worse it just means that bakugo other explosions have less AOE
Hey don't look at me, I tried to fight for that 10 tons feat.

But if you want to know why it was deemed as an outlier, it was because Bakugo struggles with 5-6 tons explosions, hurting himself every time he uses them, while in the first movie he threw several 10 tons explosions like it was nothing.

Since manga comes first, we decided to go with the 5 tons explosion.

But if you want to know why it was deemed as an outlier, it was because Bakugo struggles with 5-6 tons explosions, hurting himself every time he uses them, while in the first movie he threw several 10 tons explosions like it was nothing.

His explosions power arent limited in size, so they should upscale. Plus doesn’t bakugo have an 8-A feat in the manga

(Not looking at you , you are fine)
I try to not see the worst on thing but this sounds like a AOE fallacy, like the power of the explosions ain't capped by the calcs that is just an estimative the manga explosion can have a smaller size but still greater ap than the 10 tons ones

Last edited:
Also, Bakugo not being allowed a 10 ton attack that demonstrably hurt him to do, when we know he has a ridiculously high pain tolerance, because he did a 5 ton attack in the sports festival that was like over a month or two ago that also hurt him but not as much as the 10 ton one, is....... something
He never grew stronger in that time period. He also had a 6 ton calc from his gauntlets. He also didn’t show pain till he released like a dozen of those 10 ton blasts. That’s pretty darn contradictory.

(Not looking at you , you are fine)
I try to not see the worst on thing but this sounds like a AOE fallacy, like the power of the explosions ain't capped by the calcs that is just an estimative the manga explosion can have a smaller in size but still stronger than the 10 tons ones in ap
So why do we even calc his explosions in the first place? We also do know his explosion’s power depends on size.

He never grew stronger in that time period. He also had a 6 ton calc from his gauntlets. He also didn’t show pain till he related like a dozen of those 10 ton blasts.

So why do we even calc his explosions in the first place? We also do know his explosion’s power depends on size.
First comment awnser: Wait if he did show pain from those 10 tons explosions wouldn't it mean those are above his regular ap: not outliers, he would just get high 8-C, up to 8-B with explosions?

2: to get a estimative on their power , yeah if the explosions is larger it is weasier to see them being stronger but it does not cap their power

First comment awnser: Wait if he did show pain from those 10 tons explosions wouldn't it mean those are above his regular ap: not outliers, he would just get high 8-C, up to 8-B with explosions?

2: to get a estimative on their power we calc the larger explosionson, yeah if the explosions is larger is weasier to see them being stronger but it does not cap their power
He showed pain after he fired a dozen of them in a row and after he’d used his quirk for several minutes AND launched a Howitzer.

The calculations are accurate enough to use because they are inherently lowballs, and therefore should not be used for capping a character
Yes that’s the case but only if it’s supported by in universe stuff/is more consistent for their showings.

If 8A is more consistent make a CRT. Until then it makes no sense for Bakugo’s full power that hurts him to suddenly be weaker than his seemingly regular blasts.

How many 8-B or above calcs would bakugou and those who scale need to have for it to be deemed consistent?
Bakugo would probably need like 3 with some from the manga.
If those stronger explosions damaged him more than his regular other then it just means that the power of his explosions varies so instead of it being an outlier he would get up to 8-B with explosions
It took a lot to actually have him show pain when we expressed pain from launching his 5 ton blast once.

Back