• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

That just begs the question of how ”consistent” the movie feats are compared to the manga, despite them being canon.
I have 3 multi city block feats (iirc) from the early portions of the series in the manga.
Seems consistent with the dozen others in the movies.
I don’t remember Deku nor any character catching fire due to sheer speed in the manga.
It doesnt need to be shown as its been establi They are already at that level of speed, but regardless they are even faster do to Overclock so its not a necessity, it’s just supporting evidence
But I’m sure the argument to debunk it would just be, “uhh, duhhhh, mangakas don’t always draw massive AOE and fire catching feats because it’s harrrrd our calcs are clearly correct over the manga events” or something.
Thats partially correct

What % is Deku in the movie? If he’s 30-45%, then it makes much more sense how he can handle 100% full cowl, even if it’s just for an instant. He essentially does what he did in the war arc but with full cowl instead just individual limbs.

This site always pushes stuff too far on one end or another. Either we have extreme wankers or extreme down-players. No muddle ground.

I disagree with how highly rated low tiers like 5% Deku are scaled here but I also disagree with how the high tiers are downplayed. It's like there can be no middle ground between wank and downplay.

This site always pushes stuff too far on one end or another. Either we have extreme wankers or extreme down-players. No muddle ground.

I disagree with how highly rated low tiers like 5% Deku are scaled here but I also disagree with how the high tiers are downplayed. It's like there can be no middle ground between wank and downplay.
What, so 5% Deku isn't High 8-C nor Hypersonic then?

5% hypersonic Deku is totally consistent. Horikoshi just forgor to ever draw him catching fire due to sheer speed in the manga, even at much higher percentages. Silly Horikoshi.

This conversation has been done already, so I’m not repeating it.

End of the day, no one scales to the lasers anyway, so it doesn’t matter. Maybe they will next chapter tho.
Um, no it hasn’t. The only discussions had were if they met the criteria or if anyone scales, no one has addressed whether or not they contradict being LS or not. So I’ll ask again, what contradicts them being LS?

And I’ll pretend to repeat myself. I’m not obligated to answer you, I wasn't addressing you in the first place. I won’t be reading your next reply. This conversation was done already, stop trying to restart it.

No one scales to them anyway, and they’re outliers if they are relativistic, so whatevs.

giphy.gif

Guys, ever heard of patience? Save that topic once the thread is made. I don't know how many times either Rusty or Damage said it.

Flect Turn’s reflection is weird. He doesn’t instantly reflect things; he gets attacked, the attacker is repelled away but the force is transformed into a hyperbolic “backpack” of swirling energy, which he can then fire back. It’s a unique quirk.

Still wonder what % Deku is using in general during the movie. Can’t seem to find anything that says.

Flect Turn’s reflection is weird. He doesn’t instantly reflect things; he gets attacked, the attacker is repelled away but the force is transformed into a hyperbolic “backpack” of swirling energy, which he can then fire back. It’s a unique quirk.

Still wonder what % Deku is using in general during the movie. Can’t seem to find anything that says.
The timeline of the movie is during the Endeavor Agency training, as said in the official chapter released for the movie (321.5). So it’s 10-15% Deku.

So 15 - 20% can handle 100% pretty well, for a second or two at least. Makes me wonder why he didn’t do it in the war arc. I guess he can last longer but has less damage output if he uses 100% in only his limbs or something, or Hori forgor.

Is the movie worth it? (Asking for my little sister)
Yes it’s very good and has probably the best action sequences of all the movies, especially for Deku. The other students don’t really do much, but Rody and Deku carry the film hard without them. It’s pretty funny at times, has good character development, and is all around just a great movie.

Yes it’s very good and has probably the best action sequences of all the movies, especially for Deku. The other students don’t really do much, but Rody and Deku carry the film hard without them. It’s pretty funny at times, has good character development, and is all around just a great movie.
Gotcha, will tell her that.

Alright, I think I found the timeline for the movie;

Winter Break in Japan is about 10 days long, not counting weekends, which gives us the entirety of the Endeavor Agency duration. This means a bunch of shit happened within days.

Immediately into Endeavor Agency, we get a 1 week timeskip after their first day where they face Starservant.

WHM takes place over, at the most, 3-4, maybe 5 days. This is factoring in all the traveling that takes place and assuming a 1 day break for healing wounds.

So you would think it would take place over that week, yes? But no.

After the fight with Ending, the agency continues onward, but we don’t see any of it. Only a week has passed, and Deku’s narration is just “After that, Endeavor took us back to school.” That does not mean the work study is over. Only a week has passed and the work studies take up all of winter break, which is only half over at this point. Endeavor has taken them back because they have completed his objective: “defeat a villain faster than me.”

The chapter produced for WHM has the trio called out by Endeavor to test them for going overseas. They are still in the work study. And as we know, winter break is not over yet, despite them going back to school.

So, WHM, by my professional deduction, takes place in the days after they have defeated Ending, but before the rest of the students work studies are fully done, hence why they are also all with their work study pro heroes. Deku, Bakugo and Shoto came back from their work studies early because they finished Endeavor’s task, which was only a week into their total work studies.

This also fits in with the feats shown in the movie, which I won’t spoil.

Basically:

Start of winter break (0 days) > Starservant fight (1 day) > 1 week timeskip (8 days) > Ending fight (9 days) > Trio are taken back to dorms early (10 days) > called back to fight Endeavor (11 days) > World Heroes Mission (14-15 days) > chapter 253/rest of students return (end of winter break)

Oh god dang it, never mind. I forgot; Deku celebrated New Year’s Eve with his mom BEFORE the work study, meaning a week had already passed. Meaning the ENTIRE work study was just a bit over a week.

Therefore, the movie HAS to take place during that 1 week timeskip.

At least that’s supported by the anime having the filler episode with Ryukyu I suppose. But good lord was that a packed week for the students.

Ah, that again? Why don't you guys just create a big revision and get it accepted. Complaining won't get anyone anywhere, that's how this wiki works.
Im not trying to go anywhere, I just said yall are lowballing. U asked me for the scaling and im not even complaining. A big CRT wont be accepted it’ll all just be called an outlier and any argument made will just be outlier

Back