• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

also, at least with these unofficials, she still reacted to the lasers before they hit her. The lasers are being concentrated right now, and they are burning him, but she definitely had them shoot directly at her and then caught them with her stand to apply a rule to them before they hit her.

Still waiting for officials, but uh, yeah. That’s seems quite blatant.

There's actually a far simpler way to do this. Star says it's 1000 times her size, and we got a striking strength formula for large characters that have done punches and stuff. In this case, it'd be:

(Ratio of Giant Star's Height to Star's Normal Height)^5 * Average Human Striking Strength

1000^5 * 70 = 7.0e+16 Joules or 16.73 megatons; City level (7-B)

There's actually a far simpler way to do this. Star says it's 1000 times her size, and we got a striking strength formula for large characters that have done punches and stuff. In this case, it'd be:

(Ratio of Giant Star's Height to Star's Normal Height)^5 * Average Human Striking Strength

This formula takes into account the KE of a human punch, which is made of flesh and not air

Tayuya blows a flute that you obviously can't dodge unless.you can't hear, pa and ma also sings a song that you will obviously hear too, so I really don't understand your point about them not being able to react to a sound based attack when the attack doesn't require you to react to it but hear it
for you to hear something it needs to travel to your ears, sound travels as a wave. Tayuya's genjutsu travels as a wave and was countered physically by Temari's wind.
I have no idea why your making this complicated, it's an obvious oversight from the author.

also, at least with these unofficials, she still reacted to the lasers before they hit her. The lasers are being concentrated right now, and they are burning him, but she definitely had them shoot directly at her and then caught them with her stand to apply a rule to them before they hit her.

Still waiting for officials, but uh, yeah. That’s seems quite blatant.
The laser used by the jets don't have enough proof to be considered light speed. Just being called lasers isn't enough, and reflect from Shigaraki doesn't mean mirror base reflect. It could just be standard attack reflection, so we cannot use that as proof. Moving in a straight line isn't proof, curving lasers are used to prove something isn't light, not the other way around.

The only thing they have going for them is that they have a realistic source. Though Shigaraki might have implied they're intangible, we'll have to wait for the official translation to see how that sentences is worded. But regardless this isn't enough to prove lightspeed, according to our standards.

@DragonGamer: I've seen another translation state the giant is 100X her size, so we should wait for the officials before doing anything.

Damn i wasnt aware of this. Thanks. I'll add this.

I almost got ninja'd, I noticed that and was about to say it but you posted that before me.

Either way, we cannot do anything until the chapter comes out official. [/SPOILER
Yeah I know I just wanted to point out what the raws said. But man there are a lot of feats this chapter.

First we have Stars and Stripes’s atmosphere stand

Than we have her stand doing a clap that splits the clouds with a shockwave

for you to hear something it needs to travel to your ears, sound travels as a wave. Tayuya's genjutsu travels as a wave and was countered physically by Temari's wind.
I have no idea why your making this complicated, it's an obvious oversight from the author.
So they can see sound waves??
Like idg, sound waves cover the entire area you hear them how are you defending that?
You are just nitpicking and even your example is still wrong

I
Yeah I know I just wanted to point out what the raws said. But man there are a lot of feats this chapter.

First we have Stars and Stripes’s atmosphere stand

Than we have her stand doing a clap that splits the clouds with a shockwave
I thought that was the hole that tomura made-

Note: That air giant doesn't share the same density as Star herself, it should be as dense as the air. Which means those results are going to be lower, not sure by how much, but a lot lower. However a quick calc of Star's cloud dispersal clap has given me results as low as 100 Ton to as high as 190 MT results.

When the officials come out, I need to figure out what is the proper way to find he size of that hole. There are other issues too, so don't raise your hopes too high.

Another chapter, another laser feat where no one reacts to or moves at the same speed as the lasers but people want to pretend they did anyway.

I

I thought that was the hole that tomura made-
I mean in the previous panel we see that the clouds are still there. But after Star and Stripes’ clap we could see the clouds being pushed outwards and away.

So I’m pretty sure it was Stars and Stripes’ clap that made a shockwave that moved the clouds.

I mean in the previous panel we see that the clouds are still there. But after Star and Stripes’ clap we could see the clouds being pushed outwards and away.

So I’m pretty sure it was Stars and Stripes’ clap that made a shockwave that moved the clouds.
sheeesh. so yea, my blog was pointless then. Time to gank it. i'll also calc the cloud dispersal.

It should be noted that the Stand should at least be as strong as Star herself, who has All Might tier strength, right? It’s also way bigger.

Star is left steaming after the lasers stop firing, do lasers typically emit steam when they don’t create a fire? Also shows she didn’t react to these lasers, as she’s covered in burn marks and steam.

Star is left steaming after the lasers stop firing, do lasers typically emit steam when they don’t create a fire? Also shows she didn’t react to these lasers, as she’s covered in burn marks and steam.
Lasers generate heat, depending on how hop it can vaporize things. Vaporization generates steam.

What’d they vaporise off Star to generate that much steam?
Considering they are in the clouds they are likely dampened by the moist air or possibly her sweat. Theres a lot of things that can generate steam, even self actions. If you’ve ever played a sport and work hard enough steam can start to form off people so maybe idk

Gege said that black Flash is the power of the jujutsu sorceror to the power of 2.5, large town level/mountain level to the power of 2.5 is solar system level I think.

Idk, maybe when characters do fullpower attacks that have less AOE then their AP suggests

Probably travel speed contradictions.
Large mountain level punches in JJK? Since when? Yuji's punches were barely wall level early on and even for the stronger characters they aren't exactly monsters in physical strength. Toji and Maki are the epitome of JJK physical strength and they are definitely not anywhere near mountain level.

The mountain and island level calcs come from domains specifically Dagon and Jogo's domains. And we already had this debate over at JJK forum ages ago.

Domains are not equated to physical strength and punches. Black Flash has zero to do with domains. It only amps physical strength and strikes as far as we have seen. While that is a huge boost per hit, JJK characters' physical striking strength is not that high.

Back