• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Sure simplify it all you want but logic and consistency take priority.
This.
There's a narrative going on that calling things "outlier" is a bad argument. Which is, pardon my language, dumb as ****.

This disdain for the word would be valid if it's used haphazardly and without explanation.
But that's not what's happening here. We had an entire thread involving assessment of calculations and information in-universe to the pursuit of a more logical scaling consistent over what the source material tells us.
It just so happens that the garnered information and consensus lead to the results where 7-A calculations are aberrant results compared to other calcs, feats, and established powerscaling.

It doesn't matter whether or not you like the word "outlier", your personal preferences do not invalidate entire discussions that you haven't even read.

This.
There's a narrative going on that calling things "outlier" is a bad argument. Which is, pardon my language, dumb as ****.

This disdain for the word would be valid if it's used haphazardly and without explanation.
But that's not what's happening here. We had an entire thread involving assessment of calculations and information in-universe to the pursuit of a more logical scaling consistent over what the source material tells us.
It just so happens that the garnered information and consensus lead to the results where 7-A calculations are aberrant results compared to other calcs, feats, and established powerscaling.

It doesn't matter whether or not you like the word "outlier", your personal preferences do not invalidate entire discussions that you haven't even read.
I never said it was wrong or the scaling should be removed, i just dont like the word. He came at me dont mess with me

Ok it’s actually pointless discussing this with you cause you don’t even know anything about the CRT, why it was even started or about the calcs used for the verse.
I asked you to link it and I fail to see why it’s so hard to just give this example if it actually exist.
“Its pointless talking to you because I don’t want to send proof of my claim.”

I understand this but your statement itself makes no sense given the nature of it. You go to say calcs over consistency is bad YET youre using calcs to determine the consistency. At least rearrange the statement
Let’s say Deku is calced at FTL and City level at one point but majority of his feats put him at supersonic and wall level. He’s then stated in universe to have trouble with bullets. Calcs over consistency would just having him be rated at City level and FTl even though it is contradicted that’s what I mean by calcs over logic is bad. Logically you’d look at what’s presented by the story and what’s most consistent among his feats to judge his rating not just take the highest or lowest value as fact.

Let’s say Deku is calced at FTL and City level at one point but majority of his feats put him at supersonic and wall level. He’s then stated in universe to have trouble with bullets. Calcs over consistency would just having him be rated at City level and FTl even though it is contradicted that’s what I mean by calcs over logic is bad. Logically you’d look at what’s presented by the story and what’s most consistent among his feats to judge his rating not just take the highest or lowest value as fact.
Ive already said I understood what you were implying but the way you structured the statement and then the arguments you gave after it just didnt match.

I asked you to link it and I fail to see why it’s so hard to just give this example if it actually exist.
“Its pointless talking to you because I don’t want to send proof of my claim.”
And I told you to type in mha in the search bar and find the CRT right there cause it has everything relevant to this conversation on there.

It is genuinely pointless since you don’t know anything about what’s going on for the verse on this wiki

5% Hypersonic Deku should be removed too. It’s clearly an outlier, and also, based on pretty bad logic and ignorance of the scene itself.

Hypersonic Deku, yet he struggles with a simple handgun later in the movie and can’t simply shuffle to the side of the helicopter or swat it out of the air with his armoured arm, and got clowned by Mirio… who can’t bullet time. Canonically. Lol.

“Just have to be patient, this series isn't going anywhere”

• The Final Act.
• Multiple statements from Horikoshi saying it’s coming to its end.

Lol. Oof.

Love how Deku’s speed keys go from:

”Athletic human | Hypersonic with 5%” due to a wonky calc.

Why yes, outliers don’t exist, very good, very consistent. If the difference between 5 and 8% is a “small difference” why is 0% and 5% such an extremely huge gap? Because of one outlier in a movie that’s “totally not an outlier and also you’re wrong and this bullet feat cannot be debunked no matter how much evidence proves it wrong”??

Horikoshi is definitely limited by his setting. It's a modern setting and a superhero story at that. Unlike fictional verses, there aren't mountains just lying there waiting to be destroyed. He also can't exactly destroy a city unless he wants to get into genocide levels of causalities.

And unlike other verses the story is limited to earth. There also won't be random meteors appearing just waiting to be busted.

The only way I see higher feats in the future that don't involve air pressure or changing the weather and affecting clouds, is if we get an entire battle in a deserted place. Like a deserted island or something where the characters can just go ham.
Well to be fair, Horikoshi could pull a Kishimoto and start bullying the moon for feats lol

Why yes, outliers don’t exist, very good, very consistent. If the difference between 5 and 8% is a “small difference” why is 0% and 5% such an extremely huge gap? Because of one outlier in a movie that’s “totally not an outlier and also you’re wrong and this bullet feat cannot be debunked no matter how much evidence proves it wrong”??
If you put it that way, yeah it suddenly sounds a bit weird.

Uh, you do realize 5% Deku would be still Hypersonic scaling from Recipro Burst, right? And Deku can move much faster than his base state using his 5%, I don't really get your point.

We have Wall level+, High 8-C with 5% despite Deku explicitly stating there's only a small difference in power. There's no such a thing as 0%. One For All increase is exponential.

Last edited:
Uh, you do realize 5% Deku would be still Hypersonic scaling from Recipro Burst, right? And Deku can move much faster than his base state using his 5%, I don't really get your point.

We have Wall level+, High 8-C with 5% despite Deku explicitly stating there's only a small difference in power. There's no such a thing as 0%. One For All increase is exponential.
I don't get this argument. Iida only broke the sound barrier with Recipro Extend in Stain arc. At best that's what 5% Deku at best scales to.

Of course with wonky anime pixel scaling you can get hypersonic or whatever but Iida wasn't even supersonic in his ordinary mode back then.

And why would 5% Deku scale to that speed anyway? We don’t know when Deku jumped at Stain to punch him. He was almost entirely offscreen, Stain was hyper focused on Iida at the time and didn’t notice Deku until it was too late.

That “Iida kicks Stain sword to save Todoroki” feat has always been such an outlier even for Iida’s speed. I like to think Stain just slowed down his sword, only wanting to injure Todoroki and not kill him or completely take his arm off.

I don't get this argument. Iida only broke the sound barrier with Recipro Extend in Stain arc. At best that's what 5% Deku at best scales to.

Of course with wonky anime pixel scaling you can get hypersonic or whatever but Iida wasn't even supersonic in his ordinary mode back then.
Iida literally moved 5 meters while Stain's sword was inches away from cutting Shoto, how can you even deny such a feat. Iida also blitzed base Deku while carrying three people in the Sports Festival.
And why would 5% Deku scale to that speed anyway? We don’t know when Deku jumped at Stain to punch him. He was almost entirely offscreen, Stain was hyper focused on Iida at the time and didn’t notice Deku until it was too late.
In the anime Deku jumped after Iida, and that's far more official than whatever headcanons you have. In the manga we can see Stain noticing Deku only after Iida had reached him as well.
I like to think Stain just slowed down his sword, only wanting to injure Todoroki and not kill him or completely take his arm off.
I can't even take this seriously.

Go ahead and make a thread if you want to make a change instead of pointlessly repeating over and over again your dissatisfaction with Hypersonic Deku, this thread is not for that.

Last edited:
Ah, anime timeframe. So, bad to use, inconsistent and outlier.

Yes, let’s keep the totally consistent “small boost” of athletic human to thousands of time faster with the ”small boost” of 5%. Let’s also keep a bad calc using bad, broken logic which ignores what’s actually happening in the scene.

5% is clearly superhuman, but not THAT large of a boost, yet our fan calcs make it almost god tier in speed in it’s own verse. It’s ludicrous.

Meanwhile, CANONICALLY, 5% struggles with bullets from handguns and a stronger % Deku got clowned by someone who got clowned by a single bullet from an even further distance.

Anime timeframe? I only used the anime to tell who jumped first, what does that have to do with the timeframe?

And since when is 5% a small boost in speed? Do you think base Deku can jump dozens of meters in an instant or is close to being able to? Why can't Bakugo move or jump that high when he's as strong as 5% then?

Hypersonic isn't even close to being god tier in the verse.

Wolfram couldn't hit Deku with his gun even when he was hanging from a helicopter and at point blank, you're being dishonest.

The anime routinely contradicts the manga. So it’s bad to use anyway.

5% is a small boost, relatively. It’s clearly amped him to superhuman levels but /hypersonic/ is not it, chief.

”Why can't Bakugo move or jump that high when he's as strong as 5% then?”

Who said he couldn’t?

Hypersonic is pretty god tier. It’s better than almost everyone that isn’t a top tier (unless you use wonky, bad fan calcs).

Wolfram could hit Deku; in fact, he DID, Dave just hit him and made him miss the first shot. Doesn’t change the fact Deku couldn’t swat the second bullet out of the air with his 5% hypersonic speed with an armoured gauntlet as durable as 100%. Oh wait, I guess its ”hypersonic bullets“, my bad, even though you use real life comparisons to the assault rifles anyway.

The resident speedster of the class using his very best special move (at the time) is comparable to Deku at his very weakest state with an injured leg simply jumping twice?

Lol.

^
If hypersonic Deku is so stupid, can't you make a CRT about it to get it removed? Everytime you bring it up and try to debunk it in this thread it doesn't go anywhere so at some point you have to try other methods if it is such a problem. CRT's tend to have more wider variety opinions then those inside discussion threads so it can help to have more unbiased opinions.

This isn't a jab at you I'm just confused why you repeatedly bring it up when it goes nowhere.

Back