• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

"Insanity is doing the exact same ******* thing over and over again expecting shit to change."
Ironically, every time someone calculates the exact same scene of Deku dodging bullets it becomes progressively much faster lol

I do not agree with Atomic on the idea that Deku cannot dodge bullets, but it still seems sus to me almost mach 7 with only 5%

Star’s quirk reminds me of Overhaul’s, in the way that she can only work with what she touches.

She can influence someone’s muscles to be stronger or for air to vacate an area, but she can’t, like, turn water into wine or spawn a black hole by touching the air, or completely remove someone’s heart and replace it with a lump of coal.

Just very, very low level “reality influence”.
I think her quirk is limited in the sense that she has to understand at least the basic logic of why what she ordered would happen, or how what she ordered works

I mean, she didn't order a guy to die automatically, but she can order the oxygen around him to cease to exist, or for him to have a heart attack.

In the same way, if she could really do anything, she would be infinitely stronger than All might prime, because according to her she wants to contribute to keeping the peace even more than he could, why not ask to be stronger? Which makes me think that she had to understand what kind of requirements a body would need to be so strong, similar to how Doc did with shigaraki.

"But under what logic could someone touch a laser"? Maybe she just thought of turning the laser into a kind of Solid light, or maybe it's just another kind of energy.

Sorry for this last point that I will say without much bases but I must say it, this will sound a bit archetypal, but maybe Star and Stripes was a nerd, as a kid she had glasses lol

Ironically, every time someone calculates the exact same scene of Deku dodging bullets it becomes progressively much faster lol

I do not agree with Atomic on the idea that Deku cannot dodge bullets, but it still seems sus to me almost mach 7 with only 5%
A good chunk of MHA feats get higher and higher the more they’re calced honestly. Bakugo’s gauntlet blast was 1 ton of tnt at one point and is like 6 now or something.

I really wanna know what exactly happens when the results just go up

I mean, it's consistent with 5% fighting alongside Recipro Burst Iida, who I also calced at Hypersonic

Gonna need that last quirk for Deku to be something impactful.
Watch it be New Order, and it is revealed that Toshinori took her under her wing in the past because she was the ancestor of one of the early users of One For All, and half of their battle is just Izuku and Tomura attempting to place new whacky and inventive rules on each other.

Actually, on the topic of Izuku's final Quirk, I had a potentially stupid idea: maybe have it be like AFO's Quirk, except instead of taking other people's Quirks, those people willingly GIVE their Quirks to Izuku. Like during the final battle, all of Class 1-A give their Quirks to Izuku, and he basically becomes unstoppable.

Actually, on the topic of Izuku's final Quirk, I had a potentially stupid idea: maybe have it be like AFO's Quirk, except instead of taking other people's Quirks, those people willingly GIVE their Quirks to Izuku. Like during the final battle, all of Class 1-A give their Quirks to Izuku, and he basically becomes unstoppable.
It has to be something reasonable. Remember this is a past OFA user we are talking about.

I wouldn’t say that’s the second user’s quirk.

HOWEVER, if we really want to do some narrative parallels, one for all being capable of taking quirks would be fitting. After all, Yoichi would never attempt to use his quirk in that way and we don’t know the full details of his quirk other than “it can be given away.”

So if Deku gets the ability to take quirks I wouldn’t be surprised and it would be very fitting actually.

Watch it be New Order, and it is revealed that Toshinori took her under her wing in the past because she was the ancestor of one of the early users of One For All, and half of their battle is just Izuku and Tomura attempting to place new whacky and inventive rules on each other.
Everyone laughing until one of em says "the other cannot create rules"

Toss them into the calculations evaluations thread
Tbh, its waaaaaaaaaaay easier to just ask a CGM in their wall. In my experience that thread is borderline useless. I tried to get a simple metal door lifting calc evaluated once and had been trying the evaluations thread for months straight with no luck. I eventually just got fed up and asked a couple of calc group members on their walls and it got evaluated within 2 hours.

Back