• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The scanlations say dabi used flashfire fist, but we'll see when the official translations come out. Last chapter's scanlations said shoto used flashfreeze heatwave, but he only used flashfire fist in the official, so yeah.
Yeah if the Flashfire fist ends up being in Viz I think Dabi’s likely higher Should be replaced with a Possibly 7-C

Also while this is a more minor thing looking at the scans for the chapter it appears like Touya didn’t start out burning himself but it was happening to him later on.

So the Rei’s recessive Genes theory is seeming to be more and more valid so likely Endeavor was enthusiastic at first thinking he struck gold until Touya started actually Burning himself.

As when he had full red hair he was just standing there with fire on his arm
And probably as it got more white he became more susceptible.

Unless Kid Touya has some god tier pain tolerance id say this makes sense

I did a render for Izuku's Air Force costume a while back if anyone is interested.

I’m kinda curious here has anyone ever attempted to calculate 45% Deku Outpacing Gran Torino from a far further distance to save Aizawa.
Seemed like he covered a decent distance and could get a defined speed for 45% and Shigaraki

Maybe for Such a calc it would be fair to assume Gran Torino was traveling at Subsonic speeds since he’s consistently shown to be FTE in universe idk how many would agree with that

The distance

Last edited:
@Jackof_noTrades068 Okay, here's the calculation:
Building story = 3.5 meters (4.16px)
Distance Izuku traveled to reach Gran Torino = 32.5 meters (135.20px)
Timeframe = Low End: 0.00454545454 seconds. High End: 0.00265 seconds.
Low End Speed = 7150.00000858 m/s or Mach 20.84
High End Speed = 12264.1509434 m/s or Mach 35.75

@Jackof_noTrades068 Okay, here's the calculation:
Building story = 3.5 meters (4.16px)
Distance Izuku traveled to reach Gran Torino = 32.5 meters (135.20px)
Timeframe = Low End: 0.00454545454 seconds. High End: 0.00265 seconds.
Low End Speed = 7150.00000858 m/s or Mach 20.84
High End Speed = 12264.1509434 m/s or Mach 35.75
That’s actually really consistent for 45%
I’d say the low end is best Anyone who could semi keep up with shiggy might warrant an upgrade for anyone who could semi Keep up with Shiggy like Endeavor.
Also Hawks indirectly gets upgraded from this.
You should make this a blog post

I don’t think it can be used then.
Shame the Map wasn’t in a in universe GPS that would’ve made the feat pretty concrete
And not just a visual guide only the audience would see and it being just a visual guide makes it kinda iffy although you could make a case for it being legit.

There’s also a shot where it appears we get Deku/Torino’s POV as Endeavor shoots lots of fire in the air they look far away from it like a good 40m
But it might be hard to scale

Last edited:
Well, if anything it not being up to scale would make the result even larger, because you know, the map is depicted as smaller here. If we had an accurate map it would've been much bigger, and therefore more distance to calculate. It could be used as a good lowball maybe.

Well, if anything it not being up to scale would make the result even larger, because you know, the map is depicted as smaller here. If we had an accurate map it would've been much bigger, and therefore more distance to calculate. It could be used as a good lowball maybe.
That’s a good point even when we saw Deku’s POV of Endeavor fighting shiggy from a distance it looked further than 32m
So maybe the map is the most sure we can be on the distance I suppose
And if this gets accepted it would be really consistent with the scaling of high tiers

I’d say on a side note that for All mights prime key under his AP it should note that Izuku stated he All might create storms with movement alone if he traveled at 100%
This doesn’t change his tier or need a calc i just think it should be said there and it’s pretty consistent

It can also be argued Deku referred to Wounded all might/Ep 1 and before all might

Dabi’s intelligence section should be expanded upon to also state that he planned to Take Endeavors blood in Kyushu using Hood as a safe way to draw blood from him and that he tried manipulating Hawks into killing Jeanist the hero with the highest popularity rating(even though this backfired it was a good idea)

Last edited:
The scanlations say dabi used flashfire fist, but we'll see when the official translations come out. Last chapter's scanlations said shoto used flashfreeze heatwave, but he only used flashfire fist in the official, so yeah.
Well the new chapter came out and in Viz he actually said Flash Fire fist too

Also I think Dabi’s only options against Jeanist are to kill him otherwise he will be considered a liar

So 7C Dabi? He can use flashfire and is said to have superior fire to Endeavor plus we’ve seen him match flashfire with basic flames.
I’d say go with a likely 7-C
Or Maybe the consensus should be that Dabi is instead of straight up 7-C he’s
8-A up to 7-C as he clearly fights with 8-A flames most of the time otherwise he would’ve Murdered Hawks or Base Deku in less than a second.

This should also keep the scaling under control although I’m not sure how this change effects Geten and Mount Lady.
but way too many statements exist to outright Deny Dabi having any 7-C

Both Dabi and Shoto's attack use the same exact Kanji as Flashfire Fist, there's no doubt that they're both using Flashfire Fist.

Note: Geten wouldn't scale if we decide to make Dabi 7-C, he never used Flashfire against him. 8-A with Hellfire or normal fire, likely/possibly 7-C with Flashfire.

I'm not giving my opinion on if he's 7-C, just stating why Geten wouldn't scale.

Both Dabi and Shoto's attack use the same exact Kanji as Flashfire Fist, there's no doubt that they're both using Flashfire Fist.

Note: Geten wouldn't scale if we decide to make Dabi 7-C, he never used Flashfire against him. 8-A with Hellfire or normal fire, likely/possibly 7-C with Flashfire.

I'm not giving my opinion on if he's 7-C, just stating why Geten wouldn't scale.
Yeah that’s legitimate reasoning
Although I feel Geten could deserve an at least 8-A but at the most
No 7-C Geten as that would be kinda weird

Did Dabi actually managed to get his messaged across? Like in almost all the panels, it seem like only the kids being showed was hurt to see what happened while everyone else looked like they didn't care what was being said

Society isn't so simple and black and white that revealing that your top hero is a POS would instantly crumble the hero society. Enji himself may have his hero career compromised and faith in the heroes would diminish as well as their public image but that's not enough realistically, even with the current scale of terrorist attack.

Unlike All Might who was like a pillar, Enji doesn't represent all of the heroes, other heroes have separate images and popularity, and there are already people who dislike Enji in the first place or not care about him.

Furthermore, people and society in general tend to be apathetic towards disasters on a certain level, unless the problem is already knocking on their doors. Yes, there could be protests and so on, debates, and all that, but society will go on and move on, especially with Japan.

For the Paranormal Liberation Front, this is just a step, a huge one, but just one step nonetheless, for Shiggy and Re-Destro to achieve their goal of overthrowing the hero society. I firmly believe Dabi knows this as well, and we all know that Dabi had his own agenda for joining the LOV and now the PLF. And now we know.

For Dabi, destroying the hero society is just secondary. His real and one true goal is going after Endeavor. Stain might've influenced him which is why he still tried to screw over Hawks and the heroes in general, but I'm willing to bet more than likely that Stain just fueled Dabi's outlook of Endeavor further.

Heroes may collapse or not, at this chapter it doesn't really matter to Dabi anymore as he was going to kill himself along with Endeavor.

Stain was more than just fuel to Dabi. Toya went as far as to call himself the embodiment of stain's will. It sounds like he was a lot more than just encouraged a little more by Stain.

I wonder how fast Dabi would be with Flashfire Steps.

Also glad to see that Todoroki's mobility got some upgrades this arc. Right now 1A already has several fliers in Deku, Ochako, Bakugo, Tokoyami and now Todoroki.
Yeah I’d definitely say that while Shoto could be mobile before it was his weakest trait by a decent margin
Either that or his Durability vs blunt force attacks

My thoughts about Dabi have really changed after this reaveal and the fact that he can use Flashfire. Even if it would hurt his body, it still shows that without holding back, Dabi is still stronger than most characters he has faced so far. If he was really in any fight to the death before this, he could have easily forsaken everything and took out most opponents he faced.

My thoughts about Dabi have really changed after this reaveal and the fact that he can use Flashfire. Even if it would hurt his body, it still shows that without holding back, Dabi is still stronger than most characters he has faced so far. If he was really in any fight to the death before this, he could have easily forsaken everything and took out most opponents he faced.
Yeah Dabi’s body is one Massive handicap even then it makes it more commendable that he can seemingly laugh off his frying flesh

Also the fact that he still has heat resistance to a degree it’s likely also that on top of Inheriting Rei’s constitution he’s got flames that would probably overheat(Although it wouldn’t burn)someone like Shoto quite quickly.

All the people who clowned Dabi for being weak look really dumb now.

All the people who clowned Dabi for being weak look really dumb now.
FR.
His physical durability is probably still trash since Torino One shot him although that was a long time ago.

But his potential offense with Flashfire is probably nigh unrivaled in this verse ofc ignoring characters like All might Nine Wolfram etc.

On a side note does Wolfram vs Nine sound like it would be an interesting vs thread, since I realized their AP is really similar.

Last edited:
Back