• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Oh, no! If only there were a relatively faithful animated adaptation of the manga to rectify these qualms!
If only there was a rule about not taking adaptations over the canon manga source, because it’s, y’know, an adaptation, made by many animators, who aren’t thinking about maths, physics and if things make sense.

Even if you want to say ”the anime is canon and allowed”, the mines have a delay in the anime, so the Iida point is rendered moot. He’s outrunning the delay, not the explosions.

Even if you want to say ”the anime is canon and allowed”, the mines have a delay in the anime, so the Iida point is rendered moot. He’s outrunning the delay, not the explosions.
In the anime an explosion is shown traveling upwards and he literally outruns it but the attack grazes him and causes him to slow down which got him spammed

Show actual scans for what I have requested. If not, I’ll report you for acting disingenuous and rude, telling people to “cope” for simply asking actual proof.
I have given proof and failure to accept that means you need to cope.
It’s not being rude, im telling you to cope, lol.

Guys, this isn't a CRT. Let's just cut out on debating this now and take it somewhere else.

@TimmyTurnero; your posts are coming dangerously close to trolling. Cut it out or I'll have to start deleting some comments on this thread.

“The anime is canon.”

Ok, good thing the anime shows Deku’s arm is already in the way to defend before Bakugo’s explosion has gone anywhere. It’s almost like it’s a prediction feat. Which is why Bakugo is so pissed in the next chapter. Because DEKU read him like a book and predicted.

There are zero feats where a character observes an explosion as it is travelling through the air. I would love to see it if there is one, please show me.

But hey, there’s nothing to debate here because Timmy is wrong and proves literally nothing he ever says. So I won’t reply to him anymore. No wasting forum space on a headcanon argument.

The world would've been a much simpler place had it been stated that chapter 1 AM brought in those storm clouds, then he would've stayed high 7-A. Then instead of a roundabout, easy to misinterpret statement like "over 300 now, 5 then" he could've just said that he was overal 60x weaker than before which would in turn make the High 6-C feat in Heroes rising much more believable and who knows maybe prime AM and faux 100% could be MHS+ using the multiplier or using 45% deku's speed for Nagant's bullet instead of a .220 Swift. World peace would be achieved and everyone would be happy...... except Atomic and Timmy who would still be arguing with each other till the end of time whether FTL, Multi continental MHA is a thing or not. /j

I always figured All Might’s “300 punches, 5 in my prime” was just a white lie to calm the nearby students down. Can’t tarnish the symbol of peace and make it seem he could actually be defeated by random criminals now, can he?

Yeah I kinda agree with Atomic. For all we know its getting energy from a 4th dimensional being existing outside of the universe. Not everything needs an explination.
I am a bit off track here and I also didnt catch up with the current chapters, MHA has a 4th dimensional being?

I always figured All Might’s “300 punches, 5 in my prime” was just a white lie to calm the nearby students down. Can’t tarnish the symbol of peace and make it seem he could actually be defeated by random criminals now, can he?
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, we'll never know. But I'm confused, how would saying you're massively weaker than before be comforting to hear. That's the equivalent of a nation's army after a close battle saying to its citizens that it has severely weakened over the years. If anything that would make everyone more worried about AM's declining power and the future threats he has to handle

Because All Might is old af, he‘s basically at retirement age. Saying he’s weaker because he’s much older and not because the villains were just strong af (which they were, at least Nomu) is more comforting.

I don’t think anyone was expecting AM to live forever. He’s not immortal.

That's interesting, ty, which chapter it is mentioned? I am still not in the chapter 300
Unfortunately the chapter was scrapped entirely. Horikoshi tried to draw a 4D being on a 2D medium and somehow succeeded. But after reading the chapter, half of the world population died of insanity and the world government mind wiped everyone in to believing that nothing ever happened. Now we all live in matrix style simulation to cope with the pain and suppressed memories

Back