• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yeah basically but Iv seen people argue it was him reacting mid explosion, though no real proof. Also would be weird how base Deku can block explosions yet All Might couldnt completely dodge them in the fight against bakugou

I agree that we don't need super big destruction to raise stakes, like I said I'm fine with the series capping at 7-A in terms of AP.

And the biggest destruction being a mountain breaking apart.

Also Shigaraki/AFO taking over Japan if they win is pretty high stakes by itself, and AFO might be going for world domination.

We can't calc Bakugo's explosion, since explosions lose a lot speed as they travel through the air. Read this thread here, this is very important.

I agree that we don't need super big destruction to raise stakes, like I said I'm fine with the series capping at 7-A in terms of AP.

And the biggest destruction being a mountain breaking apart.

Also Shigaraki/AFO taking over Japan if they win is pretty high stakes by itself, and AFO might be going for world domination.

We can't calc Bakugo's explosion, since explosions lose a lot speed as they travel through the air. Read this thread here, this is very important.
Deku already is mountain level at 100% so him staying at 7-A while not being explicitly confirmed to be stronger than prime all might is a bit whack. Also Shigaraki was only at 75%

Splitting a mountain sounds so...uninteresting though. Like fine Deku won't tank supernovas but Deku capping at 7-A is just eh.

Yeah AFO will probably try to expand, he already said he has allies in other countries.

Anything above 7-C still feels like a stretch to me, and I'm pretty sure anything higher than that is less because they actually did something suggesting destruction regularly happens at that scale and moreso because of some feat Hori didn't think took that much energy in the first place.

8C - 7B is just fine and impressive verse wise imo

Would it be alright for me to update Re-Destro's profile with this?

Adding his anime renders and some gif of his Quirk in action.

Prime AFO and Prime All Might didn’t vaporise a country in their fight. I’m certain Deku would’ve known if a country disappeared at the same time All Might was in the area.

The verse won’t ever touch country level (maybe in VERY wonky fan calcs it will) and I hope it never does.

Too many verses get wanked just for wank sake. People think Eren Jaeger is planet surface level and has “infinite reaction time via paths”.
Also side note

The battle between AFO and All Might was unheard of so they obviously wouldn't be too hugely powerful either or people from even very far away would be like "huh whats this a sudden earthquake?"

I see MHA Capping out at High 7-A - 6-C maybe High 6-C and I'm willing to bet that. Any more than that i will eat my hat.

Also side note

The battle between AFO and All Might was unheard of so they obviously wouldn't be too hugely powerful either or people from even very far away would be like "huh whats this a sudden earthquake?"

I see MHA Capping out at High 7-A - 6-C maybe High 6-C and I'm willing to bet that. Any more than that i will eat my hat.
All Might said he did everything he could to keep that battle a secret so for all we know there was a decent bit of destruction but he did everything he could for others to not know

You can’t hide a country level shockwave.

Nothing in the verse touches that level’s toes. It’s okay. Not every verse needs to be “strong”, and thank god for that.

People don’t seem to realise that AFO can’t really hold “hundreds“ of quirks. He has a limit to what he can take, which is the entire point of Shigaraki’s surgery, which was implied to be done in AFO in the past.

He can probably hold a bunch, but there’s a cap to the amount he can before he begins seeing the drawbacks.

Never said he hid country level attacks but go off I guess
You want the verse to be country level yet the two strongest, BY FAR, beings in it didn’t make country level attacks in what was supposed to be their final battle? What?? Were they holding back while trying to kill eachother??

People don’t seem to realise that AFO can’t really hold “hundreds“ of quirks. He has a limit to what he can take, which is the entire point of Shigaraki’s surgery, which was implied to be done in AFO in the past.

He can probably hold a bunch, but there’s a cap to the amount he can before he begins seeing the drawbacks.
Yeah I've seen people say AFO is legit the strongest in the verse with 100s of quirks but he just doesn't use them as they are useless even though then there's no reason for him to keep them

You want the verse to be country level yet the two strongest, BY FAR, beings in it didn’t make country level attacks in what was supposed to be their final battle? What?? Were they holding back while trying to kill eachother??
They could have country level AP but it wouldn't necessarily mean country level DC unless they needed to. For example maybe prime AFO had an attack looking similar to air canon but the AP of it would be 100s of times his weakend self while still looking the same. Same goes for all might, he could likely create moves without any big shockwaves while having country level AP.

Since the battle with AFO is really unclear its possible they could throw in statements about how strong they were while fighting in their prime if horikoshi decides to draw it(which I think he might do through flashbacks)

Show me where Attack On Titan characters go from building level to country level.

And, no, the rumbling doesn’t count because that isn’t 1 character.

Also how is being strong, in a show about superheroes...bad writing? Like genuine question.
Being strong isn’t the problem.

Inflating the powerscale for no other reason other than “it was cool tho :)” is the problem. It’s boring af. It’s lame. It strays away from the mostly down to earth powerscale, which can be easily followed and understood, and changing it to Dragon Ball Super 2 where you need to have characters CONSTANTLY /say/ how strong they are in order to be impressive, instead of just showing us.

Being strong isn’t the problem.

Inflating the powerscale for no other reason other than “it was cool tho :)” is the problem. It’s boring af. It’s lame. It strays away from the mostly down to earth powerscale, which can be easily followed and understood, and changing it to Dragon Ball Super 2 where you need to have characters CONSTANTLY /say/ how strong they are in order to be impressive, instead of just showing us.
Oh so the world's strongest hero being able to destroy a multi-city block or a town is cool, yet him at his prime no holding back being able to destroy a small country is a problem even though weakened already he can make literal storms with a single punch that we don't even know how big they were? It legit isn't a stretch that prime all might going all out 100% could do that.

Oh so the world's strongest hero being able to destroy a multi-city block or a town is cool, yet him at his prime no holding back being able to destroy a small country is a problem even though weakened already he can make literal storms with a single punch that we don't even know how big they were? It legit isn't a stretch that prime all might going all out 100% could do that.
Yes.
Because nothing in the entire series comes even close to half the strength of country level.

He didn’t even make a storm, he made it rain for a few minutes.
”Prime All Might” is just a vague and nebelous state of power that people love to wank and it’s beginning to grow more tiresome each time someone mentions it.

This is a boring conversation. You want wank for wank’s sake: cool. Go ahead and do that. I’ll stick to canon. End of discussion.

Yes.
Because nothing in the entire series comes even close to half the strength of country level.

He didn’t even make a storm, he made it rain for a few minutes.
”Prime All Might” is just a vague and nebelous state of power that people love to wank and it’s beginning to grow more tiresome each time someone mentions it.
Yeah and since his prime is vague, it being island to country level isn't isn't far stretch since we don't even know the absolute extent of weakened all might strength. Even if we say he went all out changing the weather we don't actually know how truly big it was. So yeah Prime All Might, going all out and being able to destroy a small country is pretty reasonable

This is a boring conversation. You want wank for wank’s sake: cool. Go ahead and do that. I’ll stick to canon. End of discussion.
Nah I just think world's most powerful hero, who extremely weakened and potentially holding back changing the weather, wouldn't make it a far stretch that he in his prime could bust an island or a country.
Also you lowball the character for no reason other than "well I think speed of sound is cool and being building level is cool"

Last edited:
This conversation is useless, there is no objectively right or wrong when it comes to how strong a fictional character is, they are only as strong as the author want them to be. No websites with their rules and restrictions will ever hold the answer to how canonically powerful these characters are, only fair interpretation based on the limited information the series give them

Back