• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Wonder if geten could embed a piece of ice into his opponent body then freeze all the water in their body ? It's not that difficult to come up with isn't it ?

I mean being impaled by ice is bad enough, but I guess he should be able to.

He freezes water by making his ice super cold, which causes the water that in contact with his ice to freeze. I see no reason why that wouldn't work, coming into contact with blow zero ice should make blood freeze.

Though he won't be able to control their frozen blood... Unless he actual does that in the series, but right now we just assume he can't until further notice.

Wait could OFA gain an awakening later in the series?
Maybe? We don't really know the mechanics behind "awakenings", and it is possible that OFA is already awakened or something.

Or maybe each individual Quirk he has can awaken to do more, though I can't imagine what.

Maybe? We don't really know the mechanics behind "awakenings", and it is possible that OFA is already awakened or something.

Or maybe each individual Quirk he has can awaken to do more, though I can't imagine what.
If OFA can have an awakening I'm expecting Deku to survive point black supernovas like Superman or sum

I think it’d just be stupid and bad writing. Inflating the powerscale of a verse just because ”heh heh cool explosions” is so laaaame. I personally hope MHA never touches country level, let alone continental level or higher.

These sorts of stories are better when they’re smaller and easier to understand. Not everything needs to become Dragon Ball where one billion transformations and power ups are the only way to progress the story anymore.

I think it’d just be stupid and bad writing. Inflating the powerscale of a verse just because ”heh heh cool explosions” is so laaaame. I personally hope MHA never touches country level, let alone continental level or higher.

These sorts of stories are better when they’re smaller and easier to understand. Not everything needs to become Dragon Ball where one billion transformations and power ups are the only way to progress the story anymore.
Eh it's a shounen and they have power progressions a lot of the time. Plus it's fiction so we really don't know how things can turn out. Realistically I do think full power Deku and Shigaraki EOS will be at least country level if not higher.

Prime AFO and Prime All Might didn’t vaporise a country in their fight. I’m certain Deku would’ve known if a country disappeared at the same time All Might was in the area.

The verse won’t ever touch country level (maybe in VERY wonky fan calcs it will) and I hope it never does.

Too many verses get wanked just for wank sake. People think Eren Jaeger is planet surface level and has “infinite reaction time via paths”.

They don't necessarily need to destroy a country to reach those tiers. I was thinking more so after shigaraki, or if afo in shigarakis body, get pushed to the up most brink of defeat with no other option, I think it could have a statement like "I will wipe Japan off the surface of the planet" or more yknow and Deku counters that.

Also I think Prime AM's and Prime AFO's fight in the past is super vague and we really don't know anything about how truly strong they were.

And now Deku has an ever stronger version of All Mights OFA so him not reaching country level would be super lame.

How is giving the absolute top tier characters, with the strongest quirks, country level AP(while past generations like all might being capable of creating rain storms with a single punch) bad writing? If anything that would give the series more stakes. Like if weakened all might can just casually change the weather and then Deku gets an even stronger version, its not a far stretch for the series to reach those levels of strength.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Atomic on this one. It would be rather silly for All For One, one of the most intelligent and collected masterminds, who managed to wipe out countless criminal syndicates in less than a decade, who has been running an underground Artificial Human operation for nearly a century undetected, who has found a way to successfully foster a new body -- Tomura -- into existence and then insert himself into that body, who has a myriad of different Quirks amassed over an unknown period of time, who has went toe-to-toe with Japan's greatest hero and then evaded all government, police, and hero detection, who has lived for more than a century and experienced the evolution of human nature and society firsthand, who literally has copies of his own Quirk lying around, who has no intentions of destroying anything literally to suddenly decide to just nuke Japan, even if he was down on his luck.

I actually really adore DBS. But I don't think the idea itself is awful. Though I know every person is different, we all look at the same thing and come to different conclusions. However I'm not the biggest fan of Tier 6, I wouldn't be mad if they reach it but I would like their rating to stay as is.

I prefer the High 8-C low tiers to 7-B top tier rankings that we have, with the god tiers like Prime Izuku and Shigaraki being around 7-A at most. Getting more feats in support of these ratings would also be really great.

Since destroying a mountain seems more in line with what will see Full Power Izuku and Shigaraki do.

I doubt Izuku and Tomura would end up with any impressive destructive feats. It would probably be something like Two Heroes where they stopped a giant block of steel, or Heroes Rising with the storm dispersal.

I prefer the High 8-C low tiers to 7-B top tier rankings that we have, with the god tiers like Prime Izuku and Shigaraki being around 7-A at most. Getting more feats in support of these ratings would also be really great.
Imo low tiers can stay at high 8-c idrc if momo can destroy a building with a canon. But mid tiers being High 8-A to low 7-B, and then top tiers being 7-B to high 7-A and god tiers reaching tier 6 sounds a bit better for mha

You can increase the stakes without making the powerscale absolute butt. Just look at Attack on Titan. Or BERSERK. It’s literally just people with swords with some weird monsters here and there: normal modern military is their god tier. And they’re amazing series with high stakes.

Having characters suddenly jump from city to mountain destroyers at their absolute highest and best showings to suddenly country level, for no reason other than “I want to wank the powerscale”, is dumb and bad writing.

Imagine if in Attack On Titan, Eren kills the Female Titan by punching the ground and his shockwave levels the Walls and kills half the cast for no reason other than “it was cool tho”. It would come out of nowhere and be pretty dumb. It was cool tho.

I also hope the verse comes nowhere close to relativistic. Deku’s faux 100% is more or less the fastest thing in the verse currently and it’s fine where it is.

With the rate OFA seems to stock power at, he would die from old age before he reaches “country tier”, and that’s if the stocked power wouldn’t eventually take a toll, quirk or not.

I also hope the verse comes nowhere close to relativistic. Deku’s faux 100% is more or less the fastest thing in the verse currently and it’s fine where it is.
lady nagants bullet is stated to be faster than any other sniper so im just waiting for mha to reveal futuristic sniper rifles that are verbatum stated to be as fast as a streak of lightning and he outraced it

To be fair, Gigantomachia is a giant character. Everything he has done has involved massive-scale destruction and collateral damage. On the other hand, Izuku and Tomura play on a much smaller and tighter field.
Shigaraki wiped out large chucks of a city, and destroyed a large part of a mountain via decay.

Izuku and Shigaraki doing something similar isn't 100% impossible. Not saying Izuku should be picking up a mountains with Blackwhip and start tossing them. Just have the two clash or something and have a the mountain they're fighting on shatter.

The results would probably only be Low 7-B to 7-B depending on the destruction, but it all helps out in the end. At least I don't see how that size of destruction would look wrong for this series.

You can increase the stakes without making the powerscale absolute butt. Just look at Attack on Titan. Or BERSERK. It’s literally just people with swords with some weird monsters here and there: normal modern military is their god tier. And they’re amazing series with high stakes.

Having characters suddenly jump from city to mountain destroyers at their absolute highest and best showings to suddenly country level, for no reason other than “I want to wank the powerscale”, is dumb and bad writing.

Imagine if in Attack On Titan, Eren kills the Female Titan by punching the ground and his shockwave levels the Walls and kills half the cast for no reason other than “it was cool tho”. It would come out of nowhere and be pretty dumb. It was cool tho.
Increasing the stakes in a show about superheroes sounds better if its colateral damage on a larger scale. Like if the series finale is shigaraki tying up uraraka and fighting Deku, both of them just destroying a single building, thats going to be mid af ngl.

Also most feats in MHA that happen are either when a character is weakened or holds back so even now we dont really know how strong all might could have made the storm if he went completely all out in episode 1, let alone his prime self.(and deku and shigaraki should surpass their mentors or its also kinda disappointing since thats basically what OFA does)

Also even Eren made enough titans to level a country so if MHA doesnt at least have as big as stakes as that, but in single punches, its even more disappointing.

I like how the only options are: “they destroy 1 building” or “they destroy a country”.

Like. Weakened AFO and Weakest All Might were able of destroying multiple city blocks just by throwing eachother around. That’s the best balance between power and a good, consistent powerscale.

Eren didn’t make the titans, and there were a lot of them. Calling Eren “planet surface level” because of that is just pure wank.

I like how the only options are: “they destroy 1 building” or “they destroy a country”.

Like. Weakened AFO and Weakest All Might were able of destroying multiple city blocks just by throwing eachother around. That’s the best balance between power and a good, consistent powerscale.

Eren didn’t make the titans, and there were a lot of them. Calling Eren “planet surface level” because of that is just pure wank.
I mean you aint making it better by saying that the god tiers of MHA are city block level lol

A good balance for the absolute god tiers in MHA should be island level or higher imo

Yeah they still leveled a **** ton

And I’m still waiting for anyone to show me “Iida outrunning explosions” or “Base Deku reacting to Bakugo’s explosions” as Timmy claimed. I doubt I will tho, since… it doesn’t exist.

And I’m still waiting for anyone to show me “Iida outrunning explosions” or “Base Deku reacting to Bakugo’s explosions” as Timmy claimed. I doubt I will tho, since… it doesn’t exist.
I think Iv seen that shit before. I think it has something to do with Deku blocking Bakugous explosions in the beginning when they were in the building training. Not 100% sure

Back