• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Star and Stripe is a threat to AFO.
FBEwg1xXEAAE670

Shigaraki looks way too good

That's not what I'm Asking. I recall explicitly someone posting a link to Reddit about hirokoshi's interview about the canonosity of the film that came out this year.

Was hoping to get a copy of that if possible

That's not what I'm Asking. I recall explicitly someone posting a link to Reddit about hirokoshi's interview about the canonosity of the film that came out this year.

Was hoping to get a copy of that if possible
I'm not 100% sure but I think horikoshi mentioned in chapter 236 that heroes rising takes place aka canon.

Is it just me or has the past 3 chapters looked really… odd, in some places? Like. Some panels have some very weird anatomy and mistakes.

Iida looks very strange during the panel where Deku thanks All Might for the food boxes, Stain’s FREAKISHLY long chin during his side profile (it looks much longer than any other view of him), and in the current chapter
Star looking a LOT wider than before

Iida looks very strange during the panel where Deku thanks All Might for the food boxes, Stain’s FREAKISHLY long chin during his side profile (it looks much longer than any other view of him), and in the current chapter
Star looking a LOT wider than before
Mha characters starting to look as goofy as one piece characters lmao

Who knew that Mirko could’ve one shot Shigaraki and ended the War if she had gotten away unscathed. Aizawa nullifying his regen, and then have Mirko one shot him with a face kick.

Since, y’know, she can one shot High Ends, who are totally above All Might level. Who Shigaraki is not equal to. Kek.

Ryuku should have an “at least high hypersonic” rating due to perceiving and stopping an “even faster now” Shigaraki who should at least be faster than DEKU at 45%, who’s high hypersonic. Right?

I asked Reddit for help in translating that Fa Jin page. Here’s one translation I got:

“Fa jin is a martial arts technique that makes it possible to transmit large amounts of force with minimal movements of the body. The third user's fa jin quirk functions more or less the same, but it instead accumulates power to be released through small movements. As per the name, it "releases power," but differs in that the power it builds could be compared to an electrical charge.”

I asked Reddit for help in translating that Fa Jin page. Here’s one translation I got:

“Fa jin is a martial arts technique that makes it possible to transmit large amounts of force with minimal movements of the body. The third user's fa jin quirk functions more or less the same, but it instead accumulates power to be released through small movements. As per the name, it "releases power," but differs in that the power it builds could be compared to an electrical charge.”
Can be compared to an electrical charge.
Wonder if that is anything notable

By “electrical charge”, I think it’s referring to the type of energy it stores. It’s not magic or soul or ki energy or whatever, but an electrical charge. Or it’s a translation error. Could’ve meant kinetic, since the official scans say “motion based energy”.

By “electrical charge”, I think it’s referring to the type of energy it stores. It’s not magic or soul or ki energy or whatever, but an electrical charge. Or it’s a translation error. Could’ve meant kinetic, since the official scans say “motion based energy”.
Makes sense

Shouldn’t dark shadow scale to Re destro?
Even if he only won the clash because of re destro’s leg failing, he should scale as they indeed clashed for a period of time and were matched.

No, because neither damaged the other, Redestro barely looked strained, wasnt using stress bombs and doesn’t have any physical feats close to his stress bombs, and only lost due to his legs.

No, because neither damaged the other, Redestro barely looked strained, wasnt using stress bombs and doesn’t have any physical feats close to his stress bombs, and only lost due to his legs.
Damaging each other doesn’t really matter, its them matching each other that is relevant.
They were matching until the leg fail so Dark shadow doesn’t scale above, but to as he matched him.
The stress “bombs” were said to be his stressed materialized.
They wouldn’t be any stronger than the stress he’s using because they aren’t strength enhancements.
Its him shooting his stress all over the place.

Damaging each other doesn’t really matter, its them matching each other that is relevant.
They were matching until the leg fail so Dark shadow doesn’t scale above, but to as he matched him.
The stress “bombs” were said to be his stressed materialized.
They wouldn’t be any stronger than the stress he’s using because they aren’t strength enhancements.
Its him shooting his stress all over the place.
I don't think it was conclusive enough since Destro's front leg failed immediately while the back leg failed a second afterwards.

Even then he managed to stop Tokoyami for a second with only one good leg so at most Tokoyami is a step below Re Destro imo.

Plus wouldn't pushing each other back only count for LS?

Last edited:
I don't think it was conclusive enough since both of Destro's front leg failed immediately while the back leg failed a second afterwards.

Even then he managed to stop Tokoyami for a second with only one good leg so at most Tokoyami is a step below Re Destro imo.

Plus wouldn't pushing each other back only count for LS?
But he still swung his arms forward emitting force and Tokoyami could push against that.
You see as he was charging up his arms were swung in front of him so this should be an AP feat and durability.
The legs failing still doesn’t matter, as again he was still pushing out on him without falling so he should still scale.

But he still swung his arms forward emitting force and Tokoyami could push against that.
You see as he was charging up his arms were swung in front of him so this should be an AP feat and durability.
The legs failing still doesn’t matter, as again he was still pushing out on him without falling so he should still scale.
Considering we don't even get impact waves or a motion blur of the arms it could be interpreted as him just moving his hands to catch and push back. It looks more like a grapple tbh.

That and again he only really contended because Destro immediately lost a leg as they started and quickly failed after that. Exploiting a major weakness albiet unintentionally that renders one strength moot (or at the very least prevents all of it from being utilized) and still struggling for a second shouldn't count to scale even if I love Tokoyami.

It's funny seeing vigilantes fan cry about SAS being the No1 US hero and not CC, when CC was never mention to be the No1 only a top ranking one

CC wasn't confirmed to be number 1 at any point in the series, unless I'm heavily mistaken.

The English translation in viz is weird, "I'm the United States Top Rank Hero" I've gotten another translation, and have read unofficial translations. Both seem to have him as has being an American top ranking hero. He isn't stated to be the No 1 Hero, though if he was the No 1 that's what they'd call him instead of top rank.

I can understand the confusion, since it is vague. With a line like that he could be the Number 1 Hero, but it doesn't 100% confirm he is.

Also the news that talked about Chris never mentioned his ranking, actually in the viz translation we get...

"The Japanese debut of one of America's major league heroes is sure to cause waves throughout our own hero industry." Chapter 14 of Vigilantes.

So Stars being the Number 1 hero doesn't mean she took Captain Celebrity's rank, she could've been Number 1 even back then.

Last edited:
Making a deku profile, look at the tiers

Moon level Deku. Truly a work of science.

You misspelled 1-C for 5-C smh

Back