• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Just realized Ryukyu is a ******* dragon. She could have quite a few cool abilities yet horikoshi seems to favor power types so she just gets slightly stronger and can fly. All of that is kind of meaningless in the end.

Though I also don't blame Horikoshi too much. Wouldn't want to waste extra abilities on a fodder in a world where by now its probably really hard to come up with new powers.

Just realized Ryukyu is a ******* dragon. She could have quite a few cool abilities yet horikoshi seems to favor power types so she just gets slightly stronger and can fly. All of that is kind of meaningless in the end.

Though I also don't blame Horikoshi too much. Wouldn't want to waste extra abilities on a fodder in a world where by now its probably really hard to come up with new powers.
She could create tornadoes with her wings in the filler episode so she might have more to her powerset. Though again it was filler and the anime doesn't seem to consult Horikoshi even on hair color so I don't even know if they asked him before adding that power.

As for US number 1, she's definitely a power type given her physical size and connection to All Might. To call All Might teacher, her quirk has to have some similarities to OFA.

Every person connected to Toshinori's past who was not Sorahiko has been murdered at this point; hell, even Sorahiko came close to death when Tomura ripped through his stomach.

And, David.

All Might's Relationships Chart

1. Nana - Master

2. Gran Torino - Teacher

3. David Shield - Partner

4. Nighteye - Sidekick

5. Deku - Successor

6. Star and Stripes - Disciple

7. Tsukauchi - Friend

Anyway I hope we get even more characters in this. Like does All Might have an ex or 2 out there. Other friends, family, etc. I thought Vigilantes would build up his relationship with Knuckleduster in that one flashback arc but it didn't do much.

Also Melissa does call All Might uncle doesn't she?

What would’ve happened if Redestro defeated Shigaraki (or sent him far enough away) and Gigantomachia arrived to fight Redestro? Could Redestro take a chunk out of his HP??

Ahh, yes. Because fictional characters‘ blink speed doesn’t increase with how fast they are and what they can react to.
You would have to prove that these fictional characters blink speeds increase, which would literally refute nothing. Its already been established that combat and reactions speeds are inherently superior to blinking speeds.
Do we need to make a “blink speed / combat blink speed” keys now?
The only person wanting this is you because you, for some reason, find it hard to comprehend people are faster and than blinks.
So, Deku’s reaction and movement speed is better than Aizawa’s blink speed, and Aizawa can react to and move as fast as someone who Deku can not react to. How does that work? How does that make sense??
Yes, whats the problem with this? Literally nothing is wrong with Deku being faster than Aizawa can blink. Youre trying to equate blinking speed and reaction speed. You’re confusing yourself.
Aizawa’s movement speed and react speed >>>> Deku’s movement speed and react speed > Aizawa’s blink speed? I don’t get it.
Whats the problem with this? Its already been established that being faster than a blink is nothing impressive. Even you can punch faster than your blino.

So, Timmy’s logic:

Shota’s ice > Aizawa = Shigaraki USJ >>> Base DEKU = to Shota’s ice > Aizawa.
…. Wut?

Well, this is the guy who thinks MHA approaches lightspeed. So. Can’t really count on his logic.
I never stated that. Stop strawmmanning me. If you're gonna try to throw shots then at least do it properly.
Aizawa>=<usj shigaraki reaction speeds>Base deku reaction speeds>Shoto’s ice speed> aizawa’s blinking speed.

Your scan literally does not even state anything about the two ice walls being the same size.

Heaven Piercing Ice Wall is Todoroki's biggest attack, which is what Aizawa is referring to here. It does not indicate that they were the same size.
We can even scale and observe that their size and shape are different.
But it literally says ITS THE BIGGEST. It quantifies its size, literally saying its his biggest attack so it works.
It wouldve been different if they said “his same attack from X arc” but they dont, they quantify its size. Its even said he was gonna create an attack that big in the sports festival.

Made this.
Multi city block bakugo

Let's.. Remember lightspeed means you can run all over the planet 7.5 times in a second. Take a moment to realize how ridiculously fast that is. Battleboarding has skewed the peoples sense of magnitude and comprehension of how fast light speed really is. It also skewed the magnitude of power. Some people say city busting is weak in fiction but in the real world a city busting entity might as well be classified as some eldritch living extinction level event.
But anyways yes, lightspeed mha is god damn atrocious.
I don’t actually think MHA is lightspeed. That’s the big stupid.

Last edited:
Back