• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's hard to quantify for sure. I'd say Deku's stamina should be comparable, if not better than Shigaraki's during MVA.
"Month-long stamina" is a bit too vague of a description.
"Can perform heroic duties such as rescuing and evacuating civilians, and battling villains within a month, in poor conditions with minimal rests." Or something like that, it can be worded better.

Deku's "breaks" were him moving from his current position to another one to save more people. As All Might said, he was NOT eating, and the only scene of him eating was a small snack bar, aka the absolute bare minimum to just stay alive, which he definitely didn't even do every day. Horikoshi's notes for Dark Deku also say he had blackwhip active at all times.

If he was getting even somewhat a form of rest that would ever matter or count against his stamina, he wouldn't have nearly passed out just from walking up to Dictator. At worst, he took a nap or two like Gigantomachia/Shigaraki did, but he has Danger Sense, so the likelihood of him getting even half a rest from anything is doubtful.

I’m getting the feeling MHA is going to end very, very soon and we ain’t even going to see the kids grow up or have even a single One Piece or DB level timeskip. And I really hate that feeling.

Shigaraki will be complete in
3 days.
. Either the heroes win, or Horikoshi pulls a giant W and somehow extends the series multitudes longer and gives us time skips and a AFO/Shigaraki ruled Japan for several arcs.

I’m getting the feeling MHA is going to end very, very soon and we ain’t even going to see the kids grow up or have even a single One Piece or DB level timeskip. And I really hate that feeling.

Shigaraki will be complete in
3 days.
. Either the heroes win, or Horikoshi pulls a giant W and somehow extends the series multitudes longer and gives us time skips and a AFO/Shigaraki ruled Japan for several arcs.
I picture villains winning again and the heros retreat to the united states or something.
Also i feel like they're finally setting up Shigiraki taking over All For One's place as final boss now.

I see 100 more chapters and thats about it. We still have several character arcs need to be finished though like Toga against Uraraka and Todoroki family drama.

Oh yea, is there any reason Todoroki feat of creating a giant wall before aizawa could fully blink accepted here?

image0.jpg

Its stated to be as big as his sports festival one. So why not use this for speed

Oh yea, is there any reason Todoroki feat of creating a giant wall before aizawa could fully blink accepted here?
It shouldn’t be considering Aizawa has a brief break between activations. So it wouldn’t be literally “in the blink of an eye” speed, no matter what fancy wording Momo used. She isn’t word of god.

Where is it stated that it's as big as the one in the Sports Festival?
Your scan only shows that Shoto is using the same attack, not that the ice wall is the same size. The size varies.

Just had another look at the leaks, god just how big is SAS, she made that fighter jet look like a surfboard

It shouldn’t be considering Aizawa has a brief break between activations. So it wouldn’t be literally “in the blink of an eye” speed, no matter what fancy wording Momo used. She isn’t word of god.
A brief break before using his quirk, but its stated he did this before Aizawa could fully blink. Also if you don’t think her statement can be used what contradicts it? She even asked Todoroki if he can do it, and he proceeds to do it.

Anyways, if it can be used a blink is .1s long.
In this case it was before he could even open his eyes so .1/2 and .05. speed would be 585m in .05s or 11,700m/s

A brief break before using his quirk, but its stated he did this before Aizawa could fully blink. Also if you don’t think her statement can be used what contradicts it? She even asked Todoroki if he can do it, and he proceeds to do it.
“What contradicts it?”
So Base Deku can easily react to and then move to use 100% to break ice which Aizawa can’t even blink before it appears? And Bakugo too??

Base DEKU, who was blitzed by USJ Shigaraki, who Aizawa wasn’t blitzed by??

Are first week students faster than years-worth experience pros?

“What contradicts it?”
Nothing contradicts the statement, the statement itself is fine as nothing the scene makes it unreliable. You only presented scaling issues that would take place with it existing.
“What contradicts it?”
So Base Deku can easily react to and then move to use 100% to break ice which Aizawa can’t even blink before it appears? And Bakugo too??
Aizawa can keep up with said students meaning he also scales to his speed. All this proves his his combat and reaction speeds> his blinking speed. I don’t see the problem with this. Even in the real world people on average can attack faster than their blinks.
Base DEKU, who was blitzed by USJ Shigaraki, who Aizawa wasn’t blitzed by??

Are first week students faster than years-worth experience pros?
My first argument already takes care of this.
Also what’s wrong with first years being> pros? This isnt the first time statements or showings of them being superior to pros have been made.
Tomura blitzing Deku and co refutes nothing.

Ahh, yes. Because fictional characters‘ blink speed doesn’t increase with how fast they are and what they can react to.

Do we need to make a “blink speed / combat blink speed” keys now?

So, Deku’s reaction and movement speed is better than Aizawa’s blink speed, and Aizawa can react to and move as fast as someone who Deku can not react to. How does that work? How does that make sense??

Aizawa’s movement speed and react speed >>>> Deku’s movement speed and react speed > Aizawa’s blink speed? I don’t get it.

Last edited:
So, Timmy’s logic:

Shota’s ice > Aizawa = Shigaraki USJ >>> Base DEKU = to Shota’s ice > Aizawa.
…. Wut?

Well, this is the guy who thinks MHA approaches lightspeed. So. Can’t really count on his logic.

“Also what’s wrong with first years being> pros? This isnt the first time statements or showings of them being superior to pros have been made.”

FIRST /WEEKS/ vs YEARS OF EXPERIENCE pro heroes. Not just any pro heroes, /Aizawa/, someone who’s crazy strong. Since he can react to Shigaraki, who lolblitzed people like DEKU who can fight the best in class, Bakugo.

Yes it is, they asked him to use the ice wall and its even stated its the same size
Your scan literally does not even state anything about the two ice walls being the same size.

Heaven Piercing Ice Wall is Todoroki's biggest attack, which is what Aizawa is referring to here. It does not indicate that they were the same size.
We can even scale and observe that their size and shape are different.

Back