• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The fact we /never/ see his mid-gauntl… mid-leggings? On his leg, and instead Hori just tells us casually in some sketch notes, does little to help by feelings that the series is heading towards an incredibly close ending which is super rushed.

Like. Hori, my man. Have Shigaraki win, have the students get a timeskip to third years and then take a massive break, then come back and continue the series. No need to have THE big bad be defeated by /first/ years. Let the main students grow. They don’t need to face the devil right away.

The fact we /never/ see his mid-gauntl… mid-leggings? On his leg, and instead Hori just tells us casually in some sketch notes, does little to help by feelings that the series is heading towards an incredibly close ending which is super rushed.

Like. Hori, my man. Have Shigaraki win, have the students get a timeskip to third years and then take a massive break, then come back and continue the series. No need to have THE big bad be defeated by /first/ years. Let the main students grow. They don’t need to face the devil right away.
Ong ☝️, I always thought it was weird that first years were getting involved with stuff big shot heroes were struggling with such as the overhaul situation, the war arc and now imo it feels weird that the greatest hero out there would have reached that title while he was still in hero school.

Have all the quirks deku can get been revealed? I think I remember that Deku can still unlock one more but I don't exactly remember since it's been a while since I read older mha chapters.
The last one is the 1st successor's quirk which will probably be revealed in the next battle against Shigaraki.

Ong ☝️, I always thought it was weird that first years were getting involved with stuff big shot heroes were struggling with such as the overhaul situation, the war arc and now imo it feels weird that the greatest hero out there would have reached that title while he was still in hero school.

I mean, that was always a product of circumstances. The kids weren’t meant to get involved in any of the pro hero stuff, and when they did, they usually got shit on for it but got their jobs done. In the war, the kids managed to help take down Machia, but didn’t stop him from killing thousands, same as the pros. I’ve never felt their strength was out of place or that any of the students outside of Deku had somehow massively eclipsed the pros.

And Deku is obviously the most special case of them all. He is literally being propped up by society as “the hero to stop AFO,” and it’s that expectation that caused him to slowly destroy himself in the first place. So even if he’s the number 1 in terms of defeating villains, that doesn’t make his development or the skill of the pros any less. Him getting that strong was even seen as a bad thing because of how much he nearly sacrificed to achieve it. Imagine if 1a didn’t help him now that Shigaraki is 3 days away from being up and running, and he had to fight the next fight near death already?

I don’t think Horikoshi needs to timeskip at all. In fact, that would be strange to me depending on how this next confrontation goes. He’s already underestimated this “Final Act,” so I’m not going to start waving the “rushed ending” flag yet. Especially not over something as small as him having gauntlets on his legs, though that is a VERY strange detail to not tell the audience when it was introduced. Like, what the heck.

But he could easily just have this next fight not be the last one. Heroes don’t need to lose, just have Shigaraki start taking control of things without AFO hounding him. Have an actual, multistage war instead of a single battle like the last time.

Remember, there are A LOT of pieces missing for this to be a “final battle.” Gigantomachia is locked up, most of the PLF that followed Shigaraki specifically are locked up (including ReDestro and Geten), Toga is nowhere to be found, and as was just revealed, AFO has pull in other countries, not just Japan. You think the heroes are the only ones that are going to start getting overseas reinforcements?

I won’t call the ending “rushed” just yet, but depending on how a lot of these plot lines are resolved, it could be good or bad. I definitely think he needs like at least 80-100+ chapters to solve everything though.

The last one is the 1st successor's quirk which will probably be revealed in the next battle against Shigaraki.
Oh the bakugou wannabe.(I think) Hope it's something cool. Then again wouldn't be surprised it's something boring as **** since quirks get stronger over generations

Oh the bakugou wannabe.(I think) Hope it's something cool. Then again wouldn't be surprised it's something boring as **** since quirks get stronger over generations
It’s some sort of projectile, is the current theory. The Second User has some type of Megaman like gun attachment over his arm, that he holds like Samus, as if ready to shoot.

My bet is energy lasers.

I mean, that was always a product of circumstances. The kids weren’t meant to get involved in any of the pro hero stuff, and when they did, they usually got shit on for it but got their jobs done. In the war, the kids managed to help take down Machia, but didn’t stop him from killing thousands, same as the pros. I’ve never felt their strength was out of place or that any of the students outside of Deku had somehow massively eclipsed the pros.

And Deku is obviously the most special case of them all. He is literally being propped up by society as “the hero to stop AFO,” and it’s that expectation that caused him to slowly destroy himself in the first place. So even if he’s the number 1 in terms of defeating villains, that doesn’t make his development or the skill of the pros any less. Him getting that strong was even seen as a bad thing because of how much he nearly sacrificed to achieve it. Imagine if 1a didn’t help him now that Shigaraki is 3 days away from being up and running, and he had to fight the next fight near death already?

I don’t think Horikoshi needs to timeskip at all. In fact, that would be strange to me depending on how this next confrontation goes. He’s already underestimated this “Final Act,” so I’m not going to start waving the “rushed ending” flag yet. Especially not over something as small as him having gauntlets on his legs, though that is a VERY strange detail to not tell the audience when it was introduced. Like, what the heck.

But he could easily just have this next fight not be the last one. Heroes don’t need to lose, just have Shigaraki start taking control of things without AFO hounding him. Have an actual, multistage war instead of a single battle like the last time.

Remember, there are A LOT of pieces missing for this to be a “final battle.” Gigantomachia is locked up, most of the PLF that followed Shigaraki specifically are locked up (including ReDestro and Geten), Toga is nowhere to be found, and as was just revealed, AFO has pull in other countries, not just Japan. You think the heroes are the only ones that are going to start getting overseas reinforcements?

I won’t call the ending “rushed” just yet, but depending on how a lot of these plot lines are resolved, it could be good or bad. I definitely think he needs like at least 80-100+ chapters to solve everything though.
Fair enough

It’s some sort of projectile, is the current theory. The Second User has some type of Megaman like gun attachment over his arm, that he holds like Samus, as if ready to shoot.

My bet is energy lasers.
Would be cool if the user had special energy that was near useless on its own but he found a way to convert it using technology and gain high levels of destructive power for his time, and now Deku could also find a different way such as enveloping that energy around black whip or use it to have even faster way to charge up fa jin to even greater lengths.

Would be cool if the user had special energy that was near useless on its own but he found a way to convert it using technology and gain high levels of destructive power for his time, and now Deku could also find a different way such as enveloping that energy around black whip or use it to have even faster way to charge up fa jin to even greater lengths.
Well, Deku is getting the omega amped version of this guys quirk, so whatever it is, I hope it’s something big and worth being saved for last. So far, Blackwhip and Fa Jin are the most flashy quirks in terms of what they give Deku, so having some kind of energy to help him would be great.

Also he’s still lacking a proper projectile. He really needs one of those. Air Force doesn’t really work against people that can take hits from 100%.

Well, Deku is getting the omega amped version of this guys quirk, so whatever it is, I hope it’s something big and worth being saved for last. So far, Blackwhip and Fa Jin are the most flashy quirks in terms of what they give Deku, so having some kind of energy to help him would be great.

Also he’s still lacking a proper projectile. He really needs one of those. Air Force doesn’t really work against people that can take hits from 100%.
Yeah Dekus quirks are mid for most part. Though I don't dislike the idea of them, some of them should definitely be flashier at least a bit. Also I don't really mind Deku not having projectiles, they are mid af.

Yeah Dekus quirks are mid for most part. Though I don't dislike the idea of them, some of them should definitely be flashier at least a bit. Also I don't really mind Deku not having projectiles, they are mid af.
I wouldn’t call them mid. They’re pretty ridiculously strong, quite frankly.

Danger Sense is absolutely broken when combined with his already high intellect.

Blackwhip is basically inescapable unless you’re just as strong as he is.

Float actually lets him fly, so he doesn’t have to constantly kick off the air to stay air borne.

Fa Jin is a very good amp on top his full cowl amp.

Smokescreen is ridiculously good against people that can’t see through it. Enough for him to probably stomp anyone not able to see through it.

And I wouldn’t call a super amplified energy projectile mid. Imagine Deku shooting off essentially Kamehameha’s. A pipe dream sure, but never a 0 in possibility.

Though this all depends of course in what the last quirk even is.

I wouldn’t call them mid. They’re pretty ridiculously strong, quite frankly.

Danger Sense is absolutely broken when combined with his already high intellect.

Blackwhip is basically inescapable unless you’re just as strong as he is.

Float actually lets him fly, so he doesn’t have to constantly kick off the air to stay air borne.

Fa Jin is a very good amp on top his full cowl amp.

Smokescreen is ridiculously good against people that can’t see through it. Enough for him to probably stomp anyone not able to see through it.

And I wouldn’t call a super amplified energy projectile mid. Imagine Deku shooting off essentially Kamehameha’s. A pipe dream sure, but never a 0 in possibility.

Though this all depends of course in what the last quirk even is.
So they are still mid.

Also projectiles are boring, especially if you compare them to Kamehameha.

So they are still mid.

Also projectiles are boring, especially if you compare them to Kamehameha.
I guess if you look at them individually, sure. Though I don’t quite get the frame of reference for calling them mid.

I could never see a projectile as “boring” for a mostly close range fighter, especially when it has high potential and is in the hands of a smart character.

I guess if you look at them individually, sure. Though I don’t quite get the frame of reference for calling them mid.

I could never see a projectile as “boring” for a mostly close range fighter, especially when it has high potential and is in the hands of a smart character.
And that's why I don't like the projectile idea on Deku. He is more or less close range fighter for the most part so suddenly giving him long range projectiles is boring to me. That's why I like All Might. He is just strong. He doesn't have lasers, flight and other powers. He even dislikes support items to some extent. That's why I like him, he's just built different.

And that's why I don't like the projectile idea on Deku. He is more or less close range fighter for the most part so suddenly giving him long range projectiles is boring to me. That's why I like All Might. He is just strong. He doesn't have lasers, flight and other powers. He even dislikes support items to some extent. That's why I like him, he's just built different.
I can respect that. I personally find having a far more diverse array of abilities to be better for someone like Deku. But to each his own.

The more option deku has the more dynamic the fight scenes will be, horikoshi is not gege level of good when it comes to drawing cqc so gifting deku more utility and combat styles makes it a lot more interesting than BIG SHOCKWAVE PUNCH, also flesh out his intellect and wits more using "mid" quirks to defeat strong opponents

I'm hoping that first quirk will be more unique. Hori can come up with some wacky quirks and I hope Deku doesn't just get another straightforward bring projectile quirk.

Hori has kinda save the wacky crazier quirks for villains and side characters. I kinda wish the MC had something like that. Smokescreen and Float are already a bit boring.

Fa Jin, Black Whip and Danger Sense are great but nothing too crazy. Like I'd like it if Deku got something conceptual like spatial manip or biological manip, or whatever instead of plain old energy beams which everyone and their mother has in MHA.

I'm hoping that first quirk will be more unique. Hori can come up with some wacky quirks and I hope Deku doesn't just get another straightforward bring projectile quirk.

Hori has kinda save the wacky crazier quirks for villains and side characters. I kinda wish the MC had something like that. Smokescreen and Float are already a bit boring.

Fa Jin, Black Whip and Danger Sense are great but nothing too crazy. Like I'd like it if Deku got something conceptual like spatial manip or biological manip, or whatever instead of plain old energy beams which everyone and their mother has in MHA.
:troll:

hori should give deku the manipulation of the concepts of number and mathematics and upgrade Decay to conceptual level void manipulation

is the KE consistent with the destruction caused? In the Kinetic Energy Feats page it says

Speed cannot be used to find KE when​

• The calculated kinetic energy value is heavily inconsistent with the rest of the cast in the series. EX: Quicksilver's calculated speed cannot be used to derive kinetic energy as it heavily contradicts his established power levels.
  • There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.

is the KE consistent with the destruction caused? In the Kinetic Energy Feats page it says
The shockwave it created is nearly the same as the Ap, it took a (if its correct) city block attack to stop it, and it wasn’t even completely destroyed by that. It scales above other students who may be at this level.
The arm ke is city block, the shockwave (far weaker than the actual impact) was large building+. I believe this is fine.

The shockwave it created is nearly the same as the Ap, it took a (if its correct) city block attack to stop it, and it wasn’t even completely destroyed by that. It scales above other students who may be at this level.
The arm ke is city block, the shockwave (far weaker than the actual impact) was large building+. I believe this is fine.
ok

My predictions

Villains win and the heros retreat to another country or island or something and have a timeskip where they train, Deku has to master OFA 100% in order to compete with a 100% perfected Shigiraki.

When they're ready they will go back to japan on a crusade to overthrow the villains, which is where the actual final battle happens.
So Shigiraki and Deku will fight 3 times in the series.

Any thoughts?

My predictions

Villains win and the heros retreat to another country or island or something and have a timeskip where they train, Deku has to master OFA 100% in order to compete with a 100% perfected Shigiraki.

When they're ready they will go back to japan on a crusade to overthrow the villains, which is where the actual final battle happens.
So Shigiraki and Deku will fight 3 times in the series.

Any thoughts?
Heroes leaving to another country is lame to me. Having a timeskip train is also lame.

Just have them learn and fight in Japan itself. Heck, make the conflict global. Have them leave to other countries to fight Shigaraki all over, not run and hide, leaving civilians to die.

Shouldn’t Shigaraki have a “Decay can be interrupted if his hand loses contact from the initial decay point” in his weaknesses? That’s how Redestro was able to stop his two-finger decay, by fitting him in the face and sending him flying, preventing Decay’s spread. He has to keep his hand where it is to continue decaying.

Also where does “the speed of his decay is slower if he uses less than five fingers” come from? Because of Redestro?? I see it as Redestro with his big brain reaction time was fast enough to bat him away and interrupt Decay before it could spread very far. His decay isn’t /instant/ to those who are fast enough; remember when Crust saved Aizawa? Torino could also percieve his Decay cracks mid-flight. And Doctor Garaki also could, and they were at ground zero.

Two finger decay is shown itself to be slower. Shigaraki's decay lets him ripped through people like this and this, yet his two finger decay did little damage to Re-Destro.

Clearly it is less powerful and slower than his normal decay. Now in regards to that weakness.

The same was true for Aizawa, his elbow stopped decaying when he knocked Shigaraki away from him.
The weakness thing is fine, interrupting Shigaraki does seem to stop his Decay.

Shigaraki's fingers went through those people like it was air, no panel of his hand resting on their face for a second he instantly pass through them. It visible didn't cause the same damage we've seen it do multiple times in the arc, two finger decay is slower for Pre-AFO Shigaraki unless something comes up.

Either Re-Destro has decay resistance, or the two finger decay is slower than his normal one. Edit: Also Re-Destro is barely faster than Shigaraki, he isn't all that quick since Shigaraki was keeping up with him even at 100%, even though he was tired as hell.

You’re comparing Decay used on random unnamed fodder to someone who is faster than Shigaraki whilst still being somewhat casual. Decay is not instant; it just seems that way from fodder POV’s.

Crust was able to throw a shield at a decaying Nomu while he himself was being decayed to save Aizawa and this was from ALL MIGHT TIER Shigaraki’s decay. Hell, DOCTOR GARAKI COULD REACT TO DECAY’S CRACKS coming right at him.

There isn’t a single statement that Decay is slower with less fingers. All that happened was Redestro was able to throw him away before Decay could spread far enough, since Redestro’s reaction speed is on the level of Shigaraki if not way higher.

Heck, that second image (with Shigaraki decaying the group) shows Decay isn’t instant. You can see multiple people staring at Shigaraki and looking around as they decay. Shigaraki is just WAY FASTER than those unnamed, random fodder.

Let’s not pretend literal fodder is on the same level of reaction speed as Redestro.

When has Decay ever been shown to be /LITERALLY INSTANT/ outside of when it’s being used on fodder who are MULTITUDES slower than Shigaraki?

There’s just no real proof that using less fingers slows Decay. Just a headcanon that’s become widespread and accepted, despite the fact there’s no actual statement or confirmation in canon. You’d think there would be, sounds like a pretty big weakness/change that could be exploited.

Back