• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Anyways, did 20% Deku atomise those trees he “clearly” kicked into the air? Why didn’t they come down?? I mean, clearly it can’t be an outlier, because it’s a 5-frame long shot that could’ve easily been an animator mistake, because Horikoshi clearly looked over every single frame of the movie before release. So someone calc how much energy Deku needed to atomise those trees from existence, because it’s canon.
Why do you keep doing this? Like bro literally no one has been answering this, why keep pressing it? You take every chance you can to lowball mha

Anyways, did 20% Deku atomise those trees he “clearly” kicked into the air? Why didn’t they come down??
Not only did he clearly kick them into the air, but afterwards a vortex was generated which blew outwards. Re watch the scene.
I mean, clearly it can’t be an outlier, because it’s a 5-frame long shot that could’ve easily been an animator mistake
How could it have been an animators mistake? The scene lasts damn near 10 seconds and is the most climatic part of the Deku vs Nine fight. Deku showcased extreme power and nine takes interest in this strength and attempts to take his quirk.
If Horikoshi didn’t want this in his movie then it wouldn’t be there. Please elaborate on how this was a mistake.
So someone calc how much energy Deku needed to atomise those trees from existence, because it’s canon.
You’re trolling around trying to prove a point when literally no one here takes you serious, lol.

Why do you guys keep digging up old feats. I guess this is what a long time without fights does to people here.

Just relax or even take a break from the site till things pick up in the manga again.

You don't have to keep bringing up movie feats from 2 years ago

Why do you guys keep digging up old feats. I guess this is what a long time without fights does to people here.

Just relax or even take a break from the site till things pick up in the manga again.

You don't have to keep bringing up movie feats from 2 years ago
Thats him. He takes every chance he can to downplay mha

I don’t like MHA, because I think 1, 5 frame long feat in a movie is an outlier? Huh??

“If Horikoshi didn’t want this in his movie then it wouldn’t be there. Please elaborate on how this was a mistake.”

Please point to me where all the uprooted trees are in the SEVERAL background shots and wide-shots. Also please show me Horikoshi said he overlooked all the fights and every single frame and went “yup, this goes along with my powerscale”.

And also show me 20% Deku in the manga doing anything close to this level of destruction. Why didn’t it happen when he 20% kicked Overhaul? He struck the ground, so the shockwave should’ve sent him flying and obliterated the underground, right??

If this feat isn’t an outlier, then let’s put Nine at FTL, considering he could react to and casually block Naval Laser in the movie. Because outliers don’t exist anymore.

How are these even trees? They look more like twigs and branches and leaves. I’m pretty sure you can even see individual leaves behind the “””trees”””, so either these are tiny trees or those are some GIANT leaves.

Deku in movie 4 could perform a feat at 5% that’s 50x stronger than anything he’s done at even 45% and it’d be considered not an outlier because it was a 2 frame long scene in a canon movie. That’s the point we’re at.

You can say I want to “lowball”, but I can simply say you want to wank at all cost regardless of logic or simple consistency.

I don’t like MHA, because I think 1, 5 frame long feat in a movie is an outlier? Huh??
Never stated or remotely claimed that, stop making assumptions. You have clearly shown that you can’t stand the series being at a high level of people, this being so bad that you even tried to argue Deku wasn’t subsonic. Your actions dictates this. If I’m incorrect and offended you, sorry. You’re just bad at scaling.
The feat wasn’t 5 frames long, it was nearly 10 seconds long.
“If Horikoshi didn’t want this in his movie then it wouldn’t be there. Please elaborate on how this was a mistake.”

Please point to me where all the uprooted trees are in the SEVERAL background shots and wide-shots. Also please show me Horikoshi said he overlooked all the fights and every single frame and went “yup, this goes along with my powerscale”.
And yet you refuse to prove the feat itself was a mistake.
The background not changing doesn’t dismiss the feat at all, as the background is a pre drawn material pre animation of the actual fight. They simply refused to erase said back ground and create an entirely new environment. This is present throughout the movie on several instances. This doesnt dismiss what was shown at all.
I don’t have to show it as it being present in the movie, which is canon to the manga, allows it to exist within the series regardless. He supervised the movie and this still being shown means he was ok with it.
Cope harder, bih.
And also show me 20% Deku in the manga doing anything close to this level of destruction. Why didn’t it happen when he 20% kicked Overhaul? He struck the ground, so the shockwave should’ve sent him flying and obliterated the underground, right??
Because at this point in time, destroying all of the underground would make no sense in the story.
It not happening in the manga proves nothing buddy. The scale of his attacks (area of effect) are shown to vary and not wield the same results, so it not expanding on that scale refutes nothing.
If this feat isn’t an outlier, then let’s put Nine at FTL, considering he could react to and casually block Naval Laser in the movie. Because outliers don’t exist anymore.
Naval lader isnt light speed. Even if it was, what’s the problem with him being that fast when he consistently does this?

Deku in movie 4 could perform a feat at 5% that’s 50x stronger than anything he’s done at even 45% and it’d be considered not an outlier because it was a 2 frame long scene in a canon movie. That’s the point we’re at.

You can say I want to “lowball”, but I can simply say you want to wank at all cost regardless of logic or simple consistency.
its not wank as its present in the series. 5% deku being having a superior feat to 45% would simply mean 45% upscales

So if 5% Deku kicks with a fan calc’d 5 trillion gigatonnes of force in a fourth movie, his other forms upscale, even when 100% hasn’t even performed 1/1000th of a feat that strong? Gooooooot it. Toooootally makes sense.

“this being so bad that you even tried to argue Deku wasn’t subsonic”
When? And which form of DEKU was I referring to?? Lmao.

”The feat wasn’t 5 frames long, it was nearly 10 seconds long.”

Oh, my bad. 10 seconds compared to almost 2 minutes of shots showing ZERO DAMAGE to the surrounding area. No trees falling. No uprooted trees. Not even a crater. Hmm.

So, you can’t show me Horikoshi approving of the feat? Understood.

As for your claim, show me a character performing a feat which would logically create a massive multi city block sized crater and yet the background or ground itself didn’t even change. Love to see it.

“Because at this point in time, destroying all of the underground would make no sense in the story.”

”becuz the story” is a valid argument?? Please, without that argument, explain why 20% Deku’s kick to Overhaul didn’t create a similar shockwave and explosion. Go ahead. I’m not accepting ”bEcUZ tHe SToRy”. I need an actual argument.

“Even if it was, what’s the problem with him being that fast when he consistently does this?”

Because “lightspeed MHA” is both hilarious AND an outlier. Kind of like this wanked 20% feat that no one WANTS to debunk because that requires WORK and would be a gasp DOWNGRADE for Deku, which is a sin apparently.

How are these even trees? They look more like twigs and branches and leaves. I’m pretty sure you can even see individual leaves behind the “””trees”””, so either these are tiny trees or those are some GIANT leaves.

Mate, bushes exist. Don't you dare ignore their existence they deserve representation.

“this being so bad that you even tried to argue Deku wasn’t subsonic”
When? And which form of DEKU was I referring to?? Lmao.

”The feat wasn’t 5 frames long, it was nearly 10 seconds long.”

Oh, my bad. 10 seconds compared to almost 2 minutes of shots showing ZERO DAMAGE to the surrounding area. No trees falling. No uprooted trees. Not even a crater. Hmm.
I’ve already addressed this, buddy. It was also 5% Deku.
So, you can’t show me Horikoshi approving of the feat? Understood.
Ive already done so, this feat literally being canon is his approval. If you don’t agree with this reasoning then give an opposing argument or stay mad.
As for your claim, show me a character performing a feat which would logically create a massive multi city block sized crater and yet the background or ground itself didn’t even change. Love to see it.
When did I claim this? I said several instances where great attacks were done yet the environment wasn’t effected, because said environment is already pre drawn. Address my argu
“Because at this point in time, destroying all of the underground would make no sense in the story.”

”becuz the story” is a valid argument?? Please, without that argument, explain why 20% Deku’s kick to Overhaul didn’t create a similar shockwave and explosion. Go ahead. I’m not accepting ”bEcUZ tHe SToRy”. I need an actual argument.
But it is an argument, at this point in the story it wasn’t a necessity for the area to be destroyed.
The fact that its already established in the story that he’s capable of X thing, it doesn’t need to be shown with every single instance of this character attacking.
It is an argument, not accepting it refutes nothing. Address my argument or stay mad.
“Even if it was, what’s the problem with him being that fast when he consistently does this?”

Because “lightspeed MHA” is both hilarious AND an outlier. Kind of like this wanked 20% feat that no one WANTS to debunk because that requires WORK and would be a gasp DOWNGRADE for Deku, which is a sin apparently.
Light speed mha is only hilarious to people doesn’t like it, prove it would be an outlier. This feat is liked by everyone by everyone because Deku is strong and deserves this justice. You’re just against Deku being strong, cope harder, bih.

image0.png

Is this dust or dirt? Im going with dust

Back