• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Depends on how much they slowed down. Iida was almost crapping himself catching up to Deku, but when heading towards Kirishima he looked fine, so it seems they slowed down a lot.

Also we don't even know how Kirishima got there and apparently Endeavor directed him.

His words are "just happened to be there while following Endeavor's orders" so Endeavor already knew where they would land by using his big brain to calculate the trajectory.

They pretty much came crashing down, the impact of their crash was shown to be huge.
They were fine because Kirishima caught them both.

How Kirishima got there is irrelevant to figuring out his lifting strength.

The only issue is that the feat is too vague with its factors that its unquantifiable.

They pretty much came crashing down, the impact of their crash was shown to be huge.
They were fine because Kirishima caught them both.

How Kirishima got there is irrelevant to figuring out his lifting strength.

The only issue is that the feat is too vague with its factors that its unquantifiable.
Yeah I do not think we can use this feat for anything.

Pretty sure Endeavor didn’t calculate anything. Kirishima and Endeavor were nearby the big ice pillar, Kirishima then began running towards the fight where Deku is, and then happened to run into the trajectory of where Iida and Deku were falling.

They were there when Iida caught up to him, but disappeared on the very first page of the following chapter, before they even began falling.

Or they just got ripped out. It's not like they were sticking to his skin, just his clothes and his clothes are pretty torn up

The JT 100% 300 megaton feat is air pressure so a direct punch would be stronger, and the new 100% is "much stronger" than that so could his new 100% be mountain lv + ?

Yeah dekus war arc 100% should at least be mountain level+ also nine should be mountain level+ as it took both bakugo and deku to beat him and their combo attack is worth 600 megatons for both of them

All the movies are canon.

However, in my opinion, I don’t believe that makes everything that is on screen, “canon” in the powerscale. Sometimes things are exaggerated for the sake of rule of cool, since it’s a movie. Such as; Deku bullet timing only in a movie at 5%, Deku kicking through several metres of steel at 5%, something he never does in the manga, not even close, 20% Deku creating a shockwave the size of a city block with the air pressure from a kick, whereas the direct air pressure from a kick in the manga barely rustled the leaves of some nearby trees in the Manga, etc etc.
And yet nothing from the manga says that 5% Deku can't be supersonic. If 5% Deku has been calculated to be able to move at over half the speed of sound (~10 m/s), while casually leaping around Stain, I don't think it's hard for him to move supersonically.

You could say the same thing for Deku breaking meters of steel. In the manga, he's pulverized solid concrete with just a single kick, and thanks to his acceleration, the amount of force he can produce in his legs is ridiculous.

Then deku pulls a batman contingency plan and analyze every single one of them while dodging with a permanently activating danger sense

Or deku could just play ping pong paddle with all of them using his higher speed and lifting strength then use fajin when he's tired

Why exactly did Deku take Gran Torino’s cape outside of “to honor him”?

I think he took it as an indirect promise to “kill” Shigaraki. Gran Torino lamented that he should’ve been the one to take the kill, then told Deku it’s another way to save someone, then Deku took it. So Deku might save Shigaraki by both talking to him and saving him through a heart to heart and through fighting to the death. Probably.

Why exactly did Deku take Gran Torino’s cape outside of “to honor him”?

I think he took it as an indirect promise to “kill” Shigaraki. Gran Torino lamented that he should’ve been the one to take the kill, then told Deku it’s another way to save someone, then Deku took it. So Deku might save Shigaraki by both talking to him and saving him through a heart to heart and through fighting to the death. Probably.
If deku does SOMEHOW finds a way to save shiggy in like "making him see the light again" that honestly would feel like kirby levels of...SOMETHING.

Uh wouldn't AFO still linger around in Tomura's mind if deku killed him (AFO) off? Couldn't AFO still try and take over his body? I feel like it'd be best if Tomura is put out of his misery unless there was a way to get the AFO quirk out of him.

Oh also just noticed, snipes gun looks kind of different. Do you guys think it will get statements or at least it can be argued the gun he has is faster than IRL?

Back