• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Random question. Would you guys prefer if the anime decides to end the season in a moment like sadmans parade / Dabi vs Geten, and then decides to continue MVA in season 6? I mean, that won't happen, but would it be better or worse in your opinion?

Plot twist: All might punched him so hard the universe simultaneously got destroyed and remade

Plot twist: a fourth movie is announced but it’s done entirely by studio madhouse with the animators of OPM season 1. Also the President gave them triple the budget.

Plot twist: a fourth movie is announced but it’s done entirely by studio madhouse with the animators of OPM season 1. Also the President gave them triple the budget.
Episode 107 will air on August 14th. Definitely B/C of the movie.

Random question. Would you guys prefer if the anime decides to end the season in a moment like sadmans parade / Dabi vs Geten, and then decides to continue MVA in season 6? I mean, that won't happen, but would it be better or worse in your opinion?
It should just end with Dabi vs Geten ://///////.

This season might be the worst one of all. Excessive flashbacks, 2 filler episodes(that endeavor flashback episode may as well be filler) and mismanagement of the rearrangement of arc
Easily the worst, but I think it was a just a case of a bad situation in every regard

1. They made Season 5 alongside Movie 3, so production hindered for Season 5, meaning they didn’t learn their lesson from Season 4

2. They got stuck with 2 of the dullest arcs in the series for the season, being the Class 1-A vs Class 1-B Arc, as well as the Endeavor Agency Arc, extremely average arcs that while fine, are not very interesting and can’t carry a season

3. My Villain Academia just isn’t as popular in Japan as it was in the US, making the need to extend that arc for the Anime less

4. If they didn’t end on MVA, they would have had to end on the Endeavor Angency Arc, and let’s be honest, that would be a trash ending for the season, I mean the arc has no big fights or flashy moments, it just wouldn’t match up to the first 4 seasons conclusions, ending on Shigaraki vs Redestro and the creation of the Paranormal Liberation Front is the proper note to end on

Now MVA isn’t a long arc at all, it’s around 24 Chapters and a majority of the chapters are fights and we know that Anime adapt fights the fastest out of any kind of chapters, but still I think it’s undeniable MVA is getting a huge short end of the stick with only 6 episodes averaging out as 4 chapters per episode, when a single chapter was adapted in last weeks episode

I still think MVA will be adapted well, I don’t imagine them skipping anything, I think it’s just very obvious Season 5 has had major pacing issues, having 2 unnecessary filler episodes, slowing the Class 1-A vs Class 1-B Arc and Endeavor Agency Arc, and then eventually rushing MVA, it just feels like a mess all over the place

It’s really not that bad in hindsight as the season will likely end strong and adapt MVA just fine, however it is a clear that Season 5 has really only been average at best so far. However Season 6 will cover the War Arc, which is a non stop thrill ride of epicness, so at the very least, we can look forward to that

Last edited:
Easily the worst, but I think it was a just a case of a bad situation in every regard

1. They made Season 5 alongside Movie 3, so production hindered for Season 5, meaning they didn’t learn their lesson from Season 4

2. They got stuck with 2 of the dullest arcs in the series for the season, being the Class 1-A vs Class 1-B Arc, as well as the Endeavor Agency Arc, extremely average arcs that while fine, are not very interesting and can’t carry a season

3. My Villain Academia just isn’t as popular in Japan as it was in the US, making the need to extend that arc for the Anime less

4. If they didn’t end on MVA, they would have had to end on the Endeavor Angency Arc, and let’s be honest, that would be a trash ending for the season, I mean the arc has no big fights or flashy moments, it just wouldn’t match up to the first 4 seasons conclusions, ending on Shigaraki vs Redestro and the creation of the Paranormal Liberation Front is the proper note to end on

Now MVA isn’t a long arc at all, it’s around 24 Chapters and a majority of the chapters are fights and we know that Anime adapt fights the fastest out of any kind of chapters, but still I think it’s undeniable MVA is getting a huge short end of the stick with only 6 episodes averaging out as 4 chapters per episode

I still think MVA will be adapted well, I don’t imagine them skipping anything, I think it’s just very obvious Season 5 has been dragged out and is the worst season overall

However Season 6 will cover the War Arc, which is a non stop thrill ride of epicness, so at the very least, we can look forward to that
I am not really that mad about MVA, I am just upset that they are using this season as a cheap cash grab for the movie. They never had to do this sort of thing. They could have dome another Season 4 with this and kept them seperate for the most part. Season 4 was still very good IMO even when it was somewhat lacking compared to the other ones. Their decisions in regards to the JT arc also struck my nerves but I suppose that is inevitable since they are a Japanese company at the end of the day.

On that third point, IDK if its true or not but I heard that Japanese fans quite disliked MVA in that it took a wild turn from the ordinary shonen "Good vs Evil" to "Justice vs Justice."
The arc in itself was controversial to the Japanese fanbase as a result. If it is true then that is such a shame.

Last edited:
I think they're doing all this because there's literally no way to set up new movies for the next couple of arc due to how wild the status quo has changed

I see people getting mad that Oboro’s skin tone in the preview in a very far away shot is a little different than it was on 1 manga cover. Despite the fact that was most likely because of the way the artist colours covers; just look at Aizawa on Vigilantes’ cover.

Considering Blackwhip appears to be elastic, if he wrapped himself entirely in it like a ball, would he obtain shock absorption?

I still think Black Whip's final form will be armor like Venom considering how much Horikoshi loves Venom and Black Whip is clearly based on that character. Deku will probably used it to augment his durability.

I cleared my device web data to fix something and now I’m locked out of Reddit for eternity since I forgot the password. Oops.

Well. Nothing of worth was lost, I guess.

How would ya’ll feel if the 2nd user’s quirk is a strength via morale boost quirk like Gigantomachia’s, but it only works for the people around him?

i’m trying to find something. Is there anywhere in the manga that makes it entirely clear that OFA “charges up” the power over time?

I’ve found someone who thinks OFA just instantly “POOFS” and gets several times stronger each time it’s passed down. They want a manga scan for proof that it charges over time.

How would ya’ll feel if the 2nd user’s quirk is a strength via morale boost quirk like Gigantomachia’s, but it only works for the people around him?
I would like that tbh
i’m trying to find something. Is there anywhere in the manga that makes it entirely clear that OFA “charges up” the power over time?
I dunno any specifics but I'm pretty sure All Might describes that early series

AM held and trained with OFA for 30+ years before he fought AFO and even so it was a hard fought battle, so how weak was the damn thing when Nana first gave it to him ! No wonder he didn't unlock any quirk

This could explain why AM & presumably the others can use the quirk so well while deku is out here nuking his poor 15 yo bones

I think it’s a combination. Cause the quirks are getting overcharged when OFA gets stronger too, so the theoretical “cup” has to be larger than normal since the quirks are “more water” than before.

I've had people say that since fajin is older than black whip, smoke screen and float, it should get more amped by OFA. What do you all think ? Personally i like to imagine the quirks as faucet sharing the same OFA reservoir, just because a faucet is installed first, doesn't mean it'll have more water than the subsequent ones

I've had people say that since fajin is older than black whip, smoke screen and float, it should get more amped by OFA. What do you all think ? Personally i like to imagine the quirks as faucet sharing the same OFA reservoir, just because a faucet is installed first, doesn't mean it'll have more water than the subsequent ones
People have to remember that the quirks were instantly boosted when the wielders got OFA too.

So when Banjo got the quirk, Blackwhip was boosted by the raw stockpile of energy to the same degree Fa Jin was, despite it being in there longer.

Does the quirks also has percentages themselves due to being buffed by OFA. Is there a 8% fajin, 20% float or 45% smoke screen. If so I can't imagine the damage a fully mastered 100% full cowl deku with 100% fajin can cause

Back