• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If Nine “turning lightning into dragons” isn’t simply a stylised shot, then we should add lightning manipulation to Deku’s profile since his Full Cowling lightning tagged and harmed Nine, showing his muscular and skeleton structure, implying it shocked him. Totally not stylisation tho.

If Nine “turning lightning into dragons” isn’t simply a stylised shot, then we should add lightning manipulation to Deku’s profile since his Full Cowling lightning tagged and harmed Nine, showing his muscular and skeleton structure, implying it shocked him. Totally not stylisation tho.
Deku and Nine feels like false equivalence. Nine actually has a lightning quirk and we have seen AFO users combine quirks.

Maybe he made him look like a skeleton or whatever you said but I dont remember it actually damaging him. And sure some things are stylised at some parts but Nine actually combining his quirks and going all out due to being brought to the brink of defeat would also make sense. So dont really see why 1 part should nullify the other in this case.

Because 99% of his ”argument” is headcanon.

Nine making dragons “isn’t stylised” because he said so, and can’t show a single other instance ever in the entire movie of Nine using lightning to attack by projecting it from his body or forming dragons out of lightning. Yet he’s “correct”.

Likewise, we have never seen Deku use his full cowling lightning to harm someone, ever. But it happens in a single shot in the movie. So now it HAS to be a canon ability he is able to do, instead of, y’know, just being a stylised shot in a movie.

Because 99% of his ”argument” is headcanon.

Nine making dragons “isn’t stylised” because he said so, and can’t show a single other instance ever in the entire movie of Nine using lightning to attack by projecting it from his body or forming dragons out of lightning. Yet he’s “correct”.

Likewise, we have never seen Deku use his full cowling lightning to harm someone, ever. But it happens in a single shot in the movie. So now it HAS to be a canon ability he is able to do, instead of, y’know, just being a stylised shot in a movie.
I mean Nine not doing something before being brought to the brink of defeat doesnt exactly refute his point either. I mean basically every shounen big clash has a villain doing some asspulls to keep going so nine is basically the same. Him combining lightning and dragons would make sense and you would be the one who would have to disprove without using "stylised" as an option since many things in fiction could be that but they actually happened.(AFO users have shown to combine quirks)

Also Deku again feels like false equivalence. I dont remember him actually damaging Nine. Sure, in this case it might be stylised but 1 part of it being that doesnt disprove the other. You dont really know which one is which so its a safer bet so say this one time villain isnt stylised since he has AFO and can actually combine quirks compared to Deku. And he basically did that since the dragons look like lightning.

That’s simply headcanon, so there’s no need for me to respond.

”Things are canon because I, a fan, said they are.”

If one can’t show me Nine firing lightning from his person as an attack, it didn’t happen.

That’s simply headcanon, so there’s no need for me to respond.

”Things are canon because I, a fan, said they are.”

If one can’t show me Nine firing lightning from his person as an attack, it didn’t happen.
Prove its head canon if Nine on screen had lightning dragons. And it being stylised already was answered with the Deku point as its false equivalence.

"They shouldnt be lightning even though it happened on screen"is what it feels like youre saying tbh

He combined lightning with dragons which AFO users can do(combine quirks)

Can someone tell me where Nine is shooting lightning from his person out as an attack in these shots? Timmy keeps sending these over and over to prove he is but I can’t see the lightning anywhere. Need help.
might have to watch that scene, still frames dont exactly give the context in this situation but as of now Id say its just his cells dying or whatever.

Btw has there been a statement if Nines purple marks are his cells dying?( dont actually remember that being stated so that could also be a head canon tbh)

AFO can combine quirks to attack but he’s literally never FUSED two quirks together, from what I remember. He uses multiple quirks at once, he doesn’t turn two quirks into one new ability.

He used spring-like limbs and Air Blast and a multiplier to create giant blasts without hurting himself. However, he never did something like use Air Blast and Rivet Stab to create tentacle-like limbs made of air.

I mean Nine not doing something before being brought to the brink of defeat doesnt exactly refute his point either. I mean basically every shounen big clash has a villain doing some asspulls to keep going so nine is basically the same. Him combining lightning and dragons would make sense and you would be the one who would have to disprove without using "stylised" as an option since many things in fiction could be that but they actually happened.(AFO users have shown to combine quirks)

Also Deku again feels like false equivalence. I dont remember him actually damaging Nine. Sure, in this case it might be stylised but 1 part of it being that doesnt disprove the other. You dont really know which one is which so its a safer bet so say this one time villain isnt stylised since he has AFO and can actually combine quirks compared to Deku. And he basically did that since the dragons look like lightning.
This ^ hence why I brought up it being quirk evolution. Being at the brink of death allows your quirk to evolve which tied with his morals allowed him to have his quirk evolve. clearly he did since he’s shown being able to manipulate lightning and create auras something he was never capable of doing at all until the end

AFO can combine quirks to attack but he’s literally never FUSED two quirks together, from what I remember. He uses multiple quirks at once, he doesn’t turn two quirks into one new ability.

He used spring-like limbs and Air Blast and a multiplier to create giant blasts without hurting himself. However, he never did something like use Air Blast and Rivet Stab to create tentacle-like limbs made of air.
What’s the new ability tho nine is creating? It’s not like he’s creating an entirely new ability or technique

Yeah but wouldnt a giant arm be him fusing quirks? I mean they somehow can work together perfectly even AFO making a fist out of that mess so I do think its fusion of some sorts. Not completely out of reach since its MHA.

That’s still COMBINING quirks, not FUSING them into a new power.

Saying Nine suddenly turned his lightning into dragons is like saying Deku can create tendrils of smoke by using Blackwhip and Smokescreen at the same time.

That’s still COMBINING quirks, not FUSING them into a new power.

Saying Nine suddenly turned his lightning into dragons is like saying Deku can create tendrils of smoke by using Blackwhip and Smokescreen at the same time.
AFO combined his quirks AND FUSED them into a giant arm. The Deku comparison is false equivalence I think

The giant arm is a quirk; Hypertrophy. It’s called ULTIMATE QUIRK COMBINATION for a reason not NEW QUIRK EX MACHINA.

He’s combined multiple new quirks that retain all their individual powers. Not make an entirely new ability by fusing quirks. That’s like saying Shoto can use his ice and fire to make fire-ice; ice that is as hot as fire. It makes no sense and not how that works.

The giant arm is a quirk; Hypertrophy. It’s called ULTIMATE QUIRK COMBINATION for a reason not NEW QUIRK EX MACHINA.

He’s combined multiple new quirks that retain all their individual powers. Not make an entirely new ability by fusing quirks. That’s like saying Shoto can use his ice and fire to make fire-ice; ice that is as hot as fire. It makes no sense and not how that works.
Yeah but then he would still have to fuse those quirks together into a single arm for them to work, wouldnt it? Like sure he enlarged his arm for the quirks to fit but they would still have to be fused and work together as a single entity for them to work. Or something like that. Combining and fusing could mean similar, maybe the same things in this situation.

Also Nine having quirk awakening could also be the case so dont see why it couldnt be him fusing the quirk or combining them into a single entity.(and even if its just combination, the lightning would still enhance the dragons themselves)

No? He’s just combining and using multiple quirks at once, not taking multiple quirks and turning them into a new singular quirk. Stop playing the semantics game. His “ultimate quirk combination” is just his Air Blast + Multipliers + Springlike limbs on a larger scale.

Nine having a “quirk awakening” is a headcanon so I won’t adress it. Either way an awakening only upgrades a quirk logically, not combine two completely different and not related quirks into a single ability.

No? He’s just combining and using multiple quirks at once, not taking multiple quirks and turning them into a new singular quirk. Stop playing the semantics game. His “ultimate quirk combination” is just his Air Blast + Multipliers + Springlike limbs on a larger scale.

Nine having a “quirk awakening” is a headcanon so I won’t adress it. Either way an awakening only upgrades a quirk logically, not combine two completely different and not related quirks into a single ability.
Dont know what semantics mean. Might have to look it up.

Oh yeah lets just ignore something that can explain something happening on the screen. I mean Nine literally combined or fused the dragons and lightning ON SCREEN. So yeah dont really see why would it be denied.

Except he didn’t combine lightning or dragons, so that didn’t happen, and there was no quirk awakening. Stop playing the headcanon game. Show me a databook confirming he had an awakening.

Also, his purple lines are his cells dying. That’s pretty obvious. We literally see his cells turn from green to purple and then the purple lines appear on his body.

Your logic is like saying Deku can have a quirk awakening which allows him to combine Smokescreen with Full Cowling, turning his body into smoke, and then he can combine that with Blackwhip, effectively turning him into an immortal, unstoppable smoke monster which can still touch and harm you.

Except he didn’t combine lightning or dragons, so that didn’t happen, and there was no quirk awakening. Stop playing the headcanon game. Show me a databook confirming he had an awakening.

Also, his purple lines are his cells dying. That’s pretty obvious. We literally see his cells turn from green to purple and then the purple lines appear on his body.
Literally lightning dragons on screen.

Oh also Nine either way can use lightning as shown here

which would only back up timmy on him using lightning here

"Thats pretty obvious" please show proof where thats stated.

Its pretty clear MHA top tiers are lightning timers

You mean the screenshots where there are only dragons, no lightning, Nine holding lightning between his hands but doesn’t attack with it ever, and Nine seconds away from being kicked in the face by Deku, still not using his lightning to attack and there is no lightning anywhere in the screenshot? Sure.

Nine did not create lightning dragons and I won’t debunk it here AGAIN. You can go here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/did-nine-create-lightning-around-himself.121429/#post-3994516

Yeah, lightning timers who have never timed lightning. Ever. In fact, they got blitzed by lightning multiple times. But sure.

You’d have an easier time trying to convince me the verse is FTL. This is a joke, but you probably believe the verse is FTL anyways.

Why does Nine have water manipulation? His dragons weren’t confirmed to be made of water, were they?? Nor do they splash on the ground when destroyed. From what I remember anyway. They are also solid enough to ram straight through stone and stuff without losing form.

Why does Nine have water manipulation? His dragons weren’t confirmed to be made of water, were they?? Nor do they splash on the ground when destroyed. From what I remember anyway. They are also solid enough to ram straight through stone and stuff without losing form.
They're blue dragons that come out of his back, they even burn black when heated instead of melting into a liquid. I don't see why the dragons were considered to be made of water at all.

Something: is blue

Someone who edits the profiles: “is this a water?”

This do be a joke, tho. Although it would not surprise me if it was true, considering, y’know, “lightning dragons”.

You mean the screenshots where there are only dragons, no lightning, Nine holding lightning between his hands but doesn’t attack with it ever, and Nine seconds away from being kicked in the face by Deku, still not using his lightning to attack and there is no lightning anywhere in the screenshot? Sure.

Nine did not create lightning dragons and I won’t debunk it here AGAIN. You can go here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/did-nine-create-lightning-around-himself.121429/#post-3994516

Yeah, lightning timers who have never timed lightning. Ever. In fact, they got blitzed by lightning multiple times. But sure.

You’d have an easier time trying to convince me the verse is FTL. This is a joke, but you probably believe the verse is FTL anyways.
They are literally lightning at start so then either continue or since its quirk combination they get the boost but look regular. He literally tried attacking yet got kicked in the face in the final battle basically overwhelmed. We literally see him using lightning and attempting to attack yet fails since it means Deku and Bakugou at 100% are even faster. You're literally going against what is shown on screen of him using lightning yet still not being fast enough meaning Deku and Bakugou at 100% are even faster.

I dont care if you dont want since I also dont gonna bother with that thread since even there Im pretty sure you denny shit that happens on screen.

Lightning timers like Nine yet still being overwhelmed by 100% Deku and Bakugou.

So yeah MHA is MHS+ at least.

Back