• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Inb4 the series ends with Deku using every inch of stockpiled power that All Might was only using fractions of, and “runs out” of it but keeps the other quirks as it slowly begins to stockpile back up. My Hero 2.

Mt Lady is still doing work despite having a neck brace, Kamui has bandages over his arms, Hawks is slowly getting back into fighting shape and his throat and wings seem to have mostly healed, Edgeshot is not notably damaged, Jeanist has no notable injuries, Endeavour is scuffed but mostly recovered and Deku is practically a walking corpse in hero getup.

Where’s Eri when we need her.

That is weird actually.

Unlike Rewind, One For All doesn't run out. It has a set power and that power persists no matter how much of it is used in a moment. It doesn't get exhausted, just activated. That's very strange.
I really do wonder how that works. Likeis it constantly building? Is Deku from 1 second ago stronger than Deku from 5 seconds ago? Also that might mean 100% is not 100%. Actually maybe that's what Plus Ultra/Million Percent is.

I really do wonder how that works. Likeis it constantly building? Is Deku from 1 second ago stronger than Deku from 5 seconds ago? Also that might mean 100% is not 100%. Actually maybe that's what Plus Ultra/Million Percent is.
I mean, logically, yeah, he’d be constantly stronger than himself with each passing second, though at a very very very slow pace. After all, from what we’re seeing, he’s already coming up on being stronger than his 100% from a year ago while at 45% now.

I think “plus ultra” is a quirk thing in itself. Being able to actually break your limits when pushed to the brink tends to do something to quirks that wakes them up or forces them into something they couldn’t usually do.

I guess it’s more accurate to say one for all is an emitter quirk with a stockpile trait. It’s not actually stockpiling a source of energy which it then releases; it’s just stockpiling energy to make itself stronger. The difference between injecting drugs into your veins to boost your adrenaline and make you technically stronger for awhile and then when it wears off you’re back to normal vs naturally building up your muscles via training and keeping that stength for good.

OFA is just special all around.

Also, is AFO by itself an emitter quirk or a stockpile quirk?

I mean, logically, yeah, he’d be constantly stronger than himself with each passing second, though at a very very very slow pace. After all, from what we’re seeing, he’s already coming up on being stronger than his 100% from a year ago while at 45% now.

I think “plus ultra” is a quirk thing in itself. Being able to actually break your limits when pushed to the brink tends to do something to quirks that wakes them up or forces them into something they couldn’t usually do.
Quirks really are like muscles in that case.

Didn’t Aizawa say that in the training camp? “Quirks are physical abilities, too“ or something like that.

Every quirk is like if everyone had their own unique muscle. Or muscle armour. Or sometimes a muscle gun.

Yeah but sometimes I forget that. Some Plus Ultras or I suppose hysterical strengths would be interesting. Like could Eri pull it off? How about Momo or Monoma? Their powers have harder limits than say Explosion or OFA.

I believe Bakugo, Izuku, Aizawa, and Vlad have mentioned similar things.

Chapter 72, Vlad during the training "Overusing your muscles ends up tearing the fibers, but then they recover and get thicker and stronger. Quirks are the same. They get stronger through continued use and weaker if they're underutilized."

Float is actually pretty useful because it allows Deku to move around in midair without having to blast out air pressure which would kill everyone around him and blast away windows, cars and buildings alike, and to float in place. It’s not really, what’s the word, redundant as some people I’ve seen say.

AoT fans are in their pain phase from the series ending very mediocre to bad. They spent so much time making memes and clowing other people because "Eren is the goat," but now Deku is taking over because he didn't drop off and is getting better while they are steeped in negativity. MHA is winning while AoT isn't even playing anymore. It's sad, but the truth.

Horikoshi, I beg you, just reveal that Ochako actually has Density Manipulation and can buff herself, please.
That would be so cool. Even with her Zero Gravity as it is now Ochako is very limited in how she uses it considering that is an unlimited boost to lifting strength (well I know she has a limit) but either way she could be throwing boulders and cars like nothing. Lifting entire buildings and even cooler stuff.

AoT fans are in their pain phase from the series ending very mediocre to bad. They spent so much time making memes and clowing other people because "Eren is the goat," but now Deku is taking over because he didn't drop off and is getting better while they are steeped in negativity. MHA is winning while AoT isn't even playing anymore. It's sad, but the truth.
That is pretty sad, not gonna lie...

All Might’s muscle form is not a quirk, All Might’s muscle form is not a quirk, All Might’s muscle form is not a quirk, All Might’s muscle form is not a quirk—

I’m going insane repeating myself to people who refuse to accept the series’ own given facts.
It's no quirk, it's an optical illusion.

As an AoT fan I confidently say this is true
And it hurts that it is.
Welp let’s just hope the best for Horikoshi and that he doesn’t fumble in the last chapter or two

I have been thinking about Izuku's development and well, does anyone else think he grew out of being wimpy and awkward too fast? Like he tripped on his own legs when walking to his school, was paralyzed in fear at the entrance exam and was in disbelief when he talked to a girl. I can't imagine anything like that from even early series Deku after that point, almost like he was a different person pre and post entrance exam.

His transformation into a stone cold baddass also seems a bit abrupt but that's just first impression

I have been thinking about Izuku's development and well, does anyone else think he grew out of being wimpy and awkward too fast? Like he tripped on his own legs when walking to his school, was paralyzed in fear at the entrance exam and was in disbelief when he talked to a girl. I can't imagine anything like that from even early series Deku after that point, almost like he was a different person pre and post entrance exam.

His transformation into a stone cold baddass also seems a bit abrupt but that's just first impression
I also felt that way NGL.

Is 300+ chapters too fast?

Deku was awkward and nervous at the most nervous point of his entire life. He tripped when walking in a comedic fashion but he’s never tripped before or after that point. He didn’t trip trying to save Bakugo. He still nervously interacts with Uraraka after that a few times but quickly calms down. So I don’t see what you’re saying.

He didn’t become a badass until his fight with Shinzo at best, but he had plenty of Madman Deku (trademarked) moments before that. He’s shy, awkward and nervous but he’s never portrayed as incompetent when push comes to shove.

Last edited:
It didn't take 300+ chapters for him to change , he was portrayed as super wimpy till the entrance exams and after that he was just not. Might be a good thing that he became competent really early on but I can't help but feel it was too soon when thinking critically.

He trained for months to beef up before the entrance exam tho. He was “wimpy” for 1 scene after that training to the actual exam and it was a comedic scene.

Being nervous around the first girl that’s probably ever talked to him besides his mom and tripping once because he was nervous wasn’t the norm for Deku. He’s nervous, lacked confidence and experience but was never shown to be incapable of action. So I dun get it.

I wouldn’t say “it’s too soon” because it’s been 300+ chapters but I can understand why some would think that since they only just became second years and the series is coming to it’s conclusion unless something changed with Horikoshi or the largest time skip happens.

Ah I see what you mean, you're talking about Pre and Post Entrance exam Izuku in that first part.

However Izuku hasn't become stone cold, well... that'll depend on what we see in the coming chapters, but I trust Horikoshi will do this right. He's pushing people away because he's afraid they'll get hurt, but he's not emotionless. He's just focused on defeating AFO as quickly as possible, he can't talk to the assassins since he fears AFO's probably put bombs in all of them.

Last edited:
Back