• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Muzan Vs Makima

Tbf, I am kinda leaning toward Makima, she is kinda so far up her own ass she might probably just assume she's better than Muzan inherently, and thus have that mind control in play.

Tbf, I am kinda leaning toward Makima, she is kinda so far up her own ass she might probably just assume she's better than Muzan inherently, and thus have that mind control in play.
I can see her being interested at his physiology

She can't aim her Bang twice simultaneously, let alone a thousand times. And she can't aim it across dimensions.
Its got a slight aoe of more than a meter, it'll hit several each bang, can just keep doing that.
And Muzan is just going to run away into the other dimension? So what. That's not a win con, you are again just arguing he delays the inevitable.

And her control is already in play.
FRA Makima. Considering Makima's 8-A+ rating and Muzan's somewhere unknown into 8-A, I'm gonna go with Makima being stronger than the guy so she's gonna perceive herself as stronger than him meaning her control ability would work, from there I don't see what Muzan can do. Her Bang stuff easily outranges, her different hax like npi with the Angel's weapons, or her summoning of numerous other devils, really let her stomp Muzan badly. This shouldn't have even been done lmao.

honestly what's stopping makima from just turning muzan into one of her """""puppets""""""
iWNZvz37XOQ24va6htBq1638792691.jpg

nothing really lol

again, you can argue what you want, but muzan lacks the mental resistance against makima's mind control.

telepathy with a bunch of his demons won't do shit, and it would be honestly ridiculous to compare it to the santa claus situation.

Muzan has nothing to make makima not see him as inferior.

Makima has never used her Control Devil abilities to mind manip anyone in any of her fights. She's only done so against people she wasn't fighting, or after she already killed someone. I don't think it's in character for Makima to just mind hax gg right of the rip, since her ultimate goal was to mindhax Chainsaw Man yet she never did while fighting him, nor even after she fought him, which allowed Denji to 1 shot her. Muzan also resists literally everything else Makima has due to his actual regeneration, which Makima doesn't have.

eeeeeeexcept Curse Manip, which Makima can just use a few times to kill him permanently

eeeeeeexcept Muzan can just absorb gg or inject her with his blood to the extent that she mutates and explodes, which won't go away even if the damage is transferred to another person. She's just gonna mutate and die over and over until all of Japan is dead, and then she dies. Unlike most other humans in the series, Makima doesn't have any resistance to his blood, so she won't get demonized and she'll just die. Even if she does get demonized she just becomes Muzan's pawn and loses her memories, so either way she gets ******

Imo I'm voting Muzan. Muzan injects things with his blood in-character against random fodder enemies, who Makima is from his perspective due to her 8C stats. Makima doesn't normally dodge things due to her damage transfer, so once she gets hit she's kinda ******. Makima could kill him with her Curse Devil contract, but that takes a few hits, and I don't think Muzan will stick around after injecting her with his blood.

Makima has never used her Control Devil abilities to mind manip anyone in any of her fights. She's only done so against people she wasn't fighting, or after she already killed someone. I don't think it's in character for Makima to just mind hax gg right of the rip, since her ultimate goal was to mindhax Chainsaw Man yet she never did while fighting him, nor even after she fought him, which allowed Denji to 1 shot her. Muzan also resists literally everything else Makima has due to his actual regeneration, which Makima doesn't have.

eeeeeeexcept Curse Manip, which Makima can just use a few times to kill him permanently

eeeeeeexcept Muzan can just absorb gg or inject her with his blood to the extent that she mutates and explodes, which won't go away even if the damage is transferred to another person. She's just gonna mutate and die over and over until all of Japan is dead, and then she dies. Unlike most other humans in the series, Makima doesn't have any resistance to his blood, so she won't get demonized and she'll just die. Even if she does get demonized she just becomes Muzan's pawn and loses her memories, so either way she gets ******

Imo I'm voting Muzan. Muzan injects things with his blood in-character against random fodder enemies, who Makima is from his perspective due to her 8C stats. Makima doesn't normally dodge things due to her damage transfer, so once she gets hit she's kinda ******. Makima could kill him with her Curse Devil contract, but that takes a few hits, and I don't think Muzan will stick around after injecting her with his blood.
I swear it hurts me how you seem to skip half the conversation especially to just say that makima wouldn't open with mind control, when it's the first thing he does.

I don't even know why you are even bringing up chainsawman when we are talking about why he was the only exception.

you don't really bring anything new beyond saying that muzan could "circumvent" his contract through absorption and his blood injection, when at best he would only be proposing an inevitable death, since muzan himself is still japanese so it would be suicide in any of his attempts to kill makima.

and to make matters worse you didn't address the following aspect:

No matter how much shit muzan has, if his profile has no resistance to mind control, then he won't resist the first thing makima does.

he has no way to overcome the contract with the prime minister so he will be in danger of self-injury.

no, his blood injection will at most only delay the inevitable, it doesn't even prevent makima from simply distracting and keeping muzan away through bang.

being sent into space on the basis of bang.

trying to turn makima into a demon pawn of muzan would be the worst idea, not only would it complicate things further for muzan, but even that doesn't help to circumvent makima's immortality.

I swear it hurts me how you seem to skip half the conversation especially to just say that makima wouldn't open with mind control, when it's the first thing he does.
Didn't against the Yakuza she went through a lot of effort to blackmail through their relatives.
Didn't against Kishibe or his squad.
Didn't against Reze (even brought Angel and Aki as insurance)
Didn't against Quanxi.

I don't even know why you are even bringing up chainsawman when we are talking about why he was the only exception.
Power resisted through willpower even after being defeated. Angel managed to temporarily break free, even though he was weakened by losing both his arms.

you don't really bring anything new beyond saying that muzan could "circumvent" his contract through absorption and his blood injection, when at best he would only be proposing an inevitable death, since muzan himself is still japanese so it would be suicide in any of his attempts to kill makima.
he has no way to overcome the contract with the prime minister so he will be in danger of self-injury.
Denji and Japanese society as a whole, were fine after days/weeks of Makima's regen getting blocked by injected blood. And a 1 day KO is a win.

No matter how much shit muzan has, if his profile has no resistance to mind control, then he won't resist the first thing makima does.
Muzan has a hive mind, and per Santa Claus, a hive mind gives her resistance to mental attacks that exists in Chainsaw Man. This is not something Makima consistently opens with.

Avoided through body split or teleport. While Muzan's casual attack hitting once is a win condition; literally the type of attack that one-shot her in the manga.

trying to turn makima into a demon pawn of muzan would be the worst idea, not only would it complicate things further for muzan, but even that doesn't help to circumvent makima's immortality.
Why wouldn't Makima get her body controlled or get her memories erased? Plus Muzan can trigger cellular self-destruction to incapacitate her much like Power's injected blood.
Muzan only needs to circumvent her immortality to the point that she is KO'd for a single day, which he is equipped to do.

and to make matters worse you didn't address the following aspect:

no, his blood injection will at most only delay the inevitable, it doesn't even prevent makima from simply distracting and keeping muzan away through bang.

You need to chill out. All I did was voice my opinions. I don't know why my response was enough to trigger you this much, but it's just a vs debate. You don't need to let it get to your head this much

1. Makima has never used mind manip against anyone she's fighting. She never used it against the fodder who ambushed her on the train, she straight up eradicated Power, she didn't use it against the Gun Devil, and she didn't use it against Chainsaw Man or Denji. There's no reason to assume that she'll just mind **** gg instantly.

2. It's pretty in character for Muzan to use his blood against anyone he deems fodder, as I mentioned earlier, which Makima doesn't have an answer to whatsoever

3. Muzan isn't part of the Chainsaw Man Universe's population of Japan. I'm not sure verse equalization would have that implemented

4. Muzan can just tank her TK blasts. Muzan is vastly superior to every demon he's ever created likely combined, which includes the likes of Doma, who can pull off 70 ton attacks while being several times weaker than he normally is, as well as Kokushibo, who's even stronger than Doma.
Makima is inferior to the likes of the Gun Devil, who's only 10 times stronger than Doma. Yeah she did win but that's only via various hax which Muzaan resists for the most part
Even if you assume that Makima can tear his body apart with TK, Muzan can just split himself into pieces and rush her, so regardless of whether or not he can tank the TK blasts it doesn't matter in the end

5. Self split counters this

6. Muzan turning Makima into a demon wipes her memory and makes her completely subservient to Muzan. Even if that doesn't happen it'll just trigger a chain of mutations until she dies over and over until she's put down for good. It might take a long time to do so but she'll eventually die and she can't do anything about it nor fight back.

The Darkness Devil has been irrelevant as **** along with the rest of the Primordial Fear Devils.

It's super disappointing but they don't have much a standing (Thus far.) in terms of CSM scaling and I doubt it'll get expanded upon till the Death Devil is brought up.

the darkness devil's madness hax seems far better tho, ppl want to commit suicide just by thinking about him and makima wasnt scared at all
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/tcbchainsawman_66_07.jpg
No resistance in her profile.

Would probably fail a CRT by the way. Only fiends got instinctively afraid by the Darkness Devil. Makima has shown as much 'resistance' as regular humans/hybrids/devils.

.... Muzans fear hax is very clearly based on power and not anything special. Irrelevant
It is a supernatural fear inducement. Makima has no resistance to it. GG.

No resistance in her profile.

Would probably fail a CRT by the way. Only fiends got instinctively afraid by the Darkness Devil. Makima has shown as much 'resistance' as regular humans/hybrids/devils.
Contextually even this a flop.

Power did in fact get over her fear of Darkness after the experience of the Darkness Devil in hell. You can't really say it's a weakness of Fiends whenever they can overcome the same exact weakness so it's definitely more of a feat of the Darkness Devil than it is a weakness for his hax.

Can be countered as stated. Body splitting and teleport.
Makima has no counter to passive fearhax, in which case she won't be able to TK at all to begin with (let alone aim at the right angle) .
That depends entirely how Makima decides to attack. Her best bet is with Mind hax in several forms, Curse Devil, etc.

Contextually even this a flop.

Power did in fact get over her fear of Darkness after the experience of the Darkness Devil in hell. You can't really say it's a weakness of Fiends whenever they can overcome the same exact weakness so it's definitely more of a feat of the Darkness Devil than it is a weakness for his hax.
Oh wow, she overcame trauma/nightmares after a short timeskip away from the Darkness Devil. OK, how is this relevant, contextually?
If you are claiming there is an argument to add fearhax resistance to Makima and other characters, you are welcome to show its merit in a CRT. But it is not currently in Makima profile

That depends entirely how Makima decides to attack. Her best bet is with Mind hax in several forms, Curse Devil, etc.
Fearhax happens first passively. Then she is defenseless. Wouldn't consider those she is afraid of inferior either.

So she continues the process? Just delays the inevitable.
Why would an ineffective attack that requires a set-up or a fluke (the target being above Makima) be a process?

She hits him with TK, he splits, she sees this and does it again and again just how she does to chainsaw man.
Muzan can split his body into hundreds of pieces going into different directions. And he can regenerate a new body. Makima's fire rate is not that fast.

Oh wow, she overcame trauma/nightmares after a short timeskip away from the Darkness Devil. OK, how is this relevant, contextually?
well if we are realistic, it causes so much fear with just your presence that someone suffers for weeks to the point that they can't even close their eyes and just being a demon, which makima is, means that she will perfectly walk on muzan's fear hax's and say "bitch I've seen worse".

because muzan's hax's fear looks pretty bad compared to that haha.

Back