• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiple tier names (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with the changes. Regardless of my opinions on High 7-A Large Mountain level is used more often so

Okay. Thank you for the input.

I mean, I think that it's safe to assume that if someone knows that it takes more energy to reach small island than mountain, they would think about it twice if said island was 100 m^2 before rating it High 7-A.

San Marino is a country but no one in his right mind would tell you that nuking it is Low 6-B.

So:

Room level/Room Class -> Small Building level/Small Building Class

Large City level/Large City Class -> Mountain level/Mountain Class

Small Island level/Small Island Class -> Large Mountain level/Large Mountain Class

Small Continent level/Small Continent Class -> Large Country level/Large Country Class

Large Continent level/Large Continent Class -> Multi-Continent level/Multi-Continent Class

Also, DarkDragonMedeus said this:

"Since I'm just a normal user, and cannot comment on the thread so I decided to come here to give my input if that's alright.

I personally agree with you on 9-A, but Small Building level is a bit more consistent and Room level pretty much assumes baseline. Though, our definition of Small Building is pretty much a building that consists of one room.

I never seen a Large City level rating either, so I agree with you too that Mountain level is better.

High 7-A I feel strongly that Large Mountain level is better. High 7-A and 6-C are technically both "large islands" as well; there do exists islands that are small enough to be a, 8-C feat, so Large Mountain level seems far less confusing.

I agree on Large Country level for High 6-B

I also firmly agree that High 6-A should be Multi-Continent level; being a surface buster from what I here is the most common example of a feat on that level. Additionally, not sure what the baseline for High 6-A was, but I do vaguely recall someone telling me it was destroying all of Asia and Europe.

Just my thoughts, hopes this helps out."

@Ant

Yes, pretty much

@Kaltias

Well, understanding and intuitive association are not necessarily the same thing, but I have also encountered several profiles written by members who claim Small Island level for island related feats that do not remotely measure up.

Agreed with most of the OP...

Neutral on consolidating High 7-A into one tier? Large Mountain certainly makes more sense, at least, than Small Island; Tier 7 is intended to measure "Nuclear" sorts of impacts that target tangible structures (hence, most of it's terminology consists of varying-sized towns and cities), while Tier 6 intends to measure "tectonic" scale impacts (hence, it uses the names of geological/political constructs such as islands, countries, continents)...

Small Island sounds like it is supposed to be Low 6-C.

9-A: I prefer Small Building level.

7-A: I prefer Mountain level. I am for all tiers only getting one name as it can be misleading, but this is more consistent with my opinion on High 7-A.

High 7-A: I agree with Antvasima on this. I can definitely see many people thinking about small islands that aren't anywhere near Island level. Either way I still prefer Large Mountain level personally.

High 6-B: Large Country level is my preference.

High 6-A: Multi-Continent level is my preference.

Okay. Thank you for the replies.

We still have to figure out how to handle this though. Darkanine's script is ideal for performing the replacement work, but it is also very dangerous, so it is important that whoever uses it is extremely careful and does not make any mistakes that mess up lots of profiles.

Darkanine is experienced at handling the script, so that is fine, but he is likely too busy IRL to do so this time, which means that somebody else would have to temporarily install and run it, preferably after getting instructions from him.

Pretty sure the script just isn't available to most people at all...?

It is more complicated to install than a regular script, but it can technically be done by any administrator. Currently only Darkanine and Kavpeny's old bot have it as an option though.

Would you be willing to handle it? Darkanine would have to give you instructions first though.

Thank you very much for the help. You can ask Darkanine how to install and carefully handle the script. However, it is probably best if you uninstall it after all the replacement edits are done.

Sorry, but this is staff only in terms of evaluation purposes.

I've got AWB installed. I think I've gotten it figured out.

Okay. Thank you very much for the help. If you wonder something about running the script, you can ask Darkanine for instructions.

Here is a list of the relevant changes that need to be carried out:

Room level -> Small Building level

Room Class -> Small Building Class

Large City level -> Mountain level

Large City Class -> Mountain Class

Small Island level -> Large Mountain level

Small Island Class -> Large Mountain Class

Small Continent level -> Large Country level

Small Continent Class -> Large Country Class

Large Continent level -> Multi-Continent level

Large Continent Class -> Multi-Continent Class

Yeah, I'll talk about things with him so I can figure out all the specifics.

Thank you. I am glad to hear it.

Promestein and Darkanine have a handy automated script for this, that speeds up the process to an extreme degree.

As Matthew said, you are awesome. I will update our various statistics pages accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back