• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiple Selves thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Antvasima Another thing to do is replace the image on the page, as it's outdated and represents something that doesn't qualify.

I was thinking of three images, one for each type:

Multiple Minds: "The Living Tribunal is an entity comprised of three different consciousnesses"

Multiple Souls: "Ermac is composed of many souls inhabiting a single body"

Multiple Organisms: "Venom and Eddie Brock cohexist in a symbiotic relationship"

@Antvasima Another thing to do is replace the image on the page, as it's outdated and represents something that doesn't qualify.

I was thinking of three images, one for each type:

Multiple Minds: "The Living Tribunal is an entity comprised of three different consciousnesses"

Multiple Souls: "Ermac is composed of many souls inhabiting a single body"

Multiple Organisms: "Venom and Eddie Brock cohexist in a symbiotic relationship"
Imo, I feel there can be someone except for tribunal.

Other is good

To start off, thanks to all for your contributions!

Are these doppels separate entities? Because if it's like a "cloning ability" then it doesn' qualify, the "multiple self" must be within you, either mentally, spiritually or phisically.
Yes, probably? Thinking more about it i'm not sure, the doppel descriptions refer to the magical girls as the masters of them and consider them seperate. In the anime iroha's takes control over her, and yachiyo's mocks her in her mind. In the game to fully control the doppel they basically have to go in their mind and beat it up, one of the stories has a few other characters watching this.
If you want someone to explain it better more information i could link this thread to the puella general

And also remembered that tart's final key has riz's soul gem

Imo, I feel there can be someone except for tribunal.
I was thinking to Aliex X, but I can't find good shots of all three personalities together.

Other than that, I can't think of other instances of characters that showcase a specific type 1, suggestions are welcomed.

Yes, probably? Thinking more about it i'm not sure, the doppel descriptions refer to the magical girls as the masters of them and consider them seperate. In the anime iroha's takes control over her, and yachiyo's mocks her in her mind. In the game to fully control the doppel they basically have to go in their mind and beat it up, one of the stories has a few other characters watching this.
If you want someone to explain it better more information i could link this thread to the puella general

And also remembered that tart's final key has riz's soul gem
From what I get from the first paragraph, they are separate and the rest is like telepathy and possession stuff, so I don't think they qualify. I don't know what a soul gem is, but is sentient? If it's like a crystalized soul it counts only if sentient, even if dormant.

I was thinking to Aliex X, but I can't find good shots of all three personalities together.
Try getting a good quality screencapture from the Galactic Gladiator episode, or the one wherein Ben restores the universe. He was talking with the other personalities in it.

Other than that, I can't think of other instances of characters that showcase a specific type 1, suggestions are welcomed.

How is this? Another good suggestion will be Bruce talking with Hulk in Avengers earth heroes or Hulk fighting his other personalities in Bruce's mind in the comics.

ANyway, the image seems fine, but it is better if one with Serena, Bellicus, and Ben in combination is used.

That is the one I had found, but I decided to discard it because Ben was barely visible on that dark background.

I think this one looks better, with Ben's presence is more clear.

My knowledge on Ben 10 stops at Alien Force. I knew Alien X had appeared in other series, but I didn't know if there were this type of shots, thanks Ant.

6gKPBrV.png

Also, I'd like to add a note on the summary of the page, explaining that "normal personality disorders" (I will word it better) qualify only if they have a heavy impact on the character's powers, abilities and are extremely relevant. I also want to add that Multiple Souls must be sentient, even barely, otherwise characters with non-sentinet soul stocks could receive this power.

I think that Saman's image seems fine to apply.'

His other suggestions also seem fine to me.

From what I get from the first paragraph, they are separate and the rest is like telepathy and possession stuff, so I don't think they qualify. I don't know what a soul gem is, but is sentient? If it's like a crystalized soul it counts only if sentient, even if dormant.
Okay, guess doppels don’t qualify.
All magical girls are soul gems remotely controlling their body, riz lost hers and tart took her, becoming a fusion later with both of them using tart’s body

Also, I think the following characters should have the power:

Right, I forgot of how many other versions of Venom were out there, they should get it as well. Is Gwenom's symbiote sentient?

Hmm. Hades Shun from saint seiya should have type 2. Maybye 1. Hades soul resides in and controls the body of shun, but shun can still regain control briefly. Both souls coexist(albeit not very peacefully) in one body. And, there’s like a weird bug thing that is inside shuns body, that is the soul of hades. It might be organic, because characters have physically grabbed and attacked it, but that could also be cos of the characters soul manip. It basically acts physical, but is called a soul.

We are over with this, but I thought it was a good idea to keep the thread open, so people can check this list and see if one of those characters truly deserves the new Multiple Selves.

This is a list of all characters from which I removed Multiple Personalities because they didn't have an explanation. Any users is welcome to check it out and give reasons or make a CRT to give the new ability back to their characters. I'm not going to put links to make my work shorter, they are on the wiki anyway. The list will be updated overtime,

Note that these are only the characters that got it removed because they lack an explanation, thus it doesn't contain those who don't have it anymore because it doesn't qualify as an actual power.

• Heather Mason
  • Legion (Mass Effect)
  • Millennian Io
  • Nia Teppelin
  • Raiden Mei
  • Raven (Rage Hearts Path)
  • Seele Vollerei
  • Soldier (TF2)
  • Kalista
  • Varus
  • Utsuro
  • Tart
  • Oriko Mikuni
  • Riz
  • Rumplestiltskin (OUAT)
  • Rai Batenkaios
  • Captain Underpants
  • Green Goblin (Raimi)
  • Kazumi Subaru
  • Chloe O'Bell (Web Novel)
  • Santa Claus (The Librarians)
  • Ataru Moroboshi
  • Gildedguy
  • Ren Isuzu
  • Iroha Tamaki
  • Amane Sisters
  • Sho Minazuki
  • Johan (Sekien no Iganock)
  • Merkava
  • Zuckuss
  • Elise (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
  • Snake of Clearing Eyes
  • Seiso Hazakura
  • Berio Trope
  • The Joker (DCAU)
  • Springheel Jack (Strawberry Spring)
  • Two-Face (Post-Crisis)
  • Bazim-Gorag the Firebringer
  • Ripper (XBlaze)
  • Mr. Fear
  • Kon Tatsumi
  • Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel)
  • Tsubasa Hanekawa (Magia Record)
  • Momiji (Binbougami Ga!)
  • Gaia (Baki)
  • Zennon (Original)
  • Roi Alphard
  • Doctor Octopus (Raimi)
  • Mister Negative
  • Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes - Marvel Comics)
  • Fortuna (Spirit Circle)
  • Catwoman (2004 movie)
  • Fantomex
  • Konno Yuki
  • Rikuni Takuto
  • Yasaka Fuuri
  • Saouji Meguru
  • Kamen Rider Cross-Z Evol
  • Kamen Rider Den-O (his Climax form didn't explain if he was possessed or not even there)
  • Avenger (Demon King Nobunaga)
  • Keena Soga
  • The Bulk
  • André Bourgeois
  • Audrey Bourgeois
  • Shakugan
  • Pinwheel
  • Hoaxen (Shadow Fight)
  • Gene (Emoji Movie)
  • Mu Siyun

I see. I think it might be best for the thread to be over now, and further changes to individual profiles could just have CRT's made for them.

Yeah, I thinks so too now. My main concern was that users and supporters might not have noticed the ability being removed from profiles (it just didn't have any explanation whatsoever) and they could use this thread if they realized it, but at the same time they can just make a CRT.

So yes, just close this, at most CRTs will be made for these characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back