• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multi-tier tourney match 1: Shock Rock vs Taylor Herbert (part 2)

They start at 4 km away from each other per SBA. The first thing Taylor does is to portal herself into an other dimension with her perception boosted from the precogs and clairvoyants she control.
Precogs and clairvoyants then create a fool-proof plan that defeats Shock Rock.

By the time she starts thinking, it’s over
Taylor has enough calculation power to account for almost infinite variations of an attack from other universes, noting that Parahumans has over 10^90 universes.

The Number Man was already moving, the mathematical notation filling his field of vision, singing in his ears, running along his skin. He could taste it, virtually swam in a clear, precise, organized outline of the world around him.

His weight shifted as he found his center of balance. He kicked out to push himself to the left.

Three-zero-one-six manifested the strike as though his arm were exponentially larger, the attack repeated in almost infinite variations through the space in front of him, as though he were leveraging every possible version of himself that could have been here, in this basement, drawing them together in one coordinated strike.

With that, the process will begin anew. The same things will occur. This has happened no less than one hundred and seventy times, with little variation. Each time it occurs, realities are left dead, the grace period before resources run out once again is shorter. That the number of worlds exceed the number of particles that might exist in one world’s universe is inconsequential; the creatures multiply exponentially.

Subsonic vs rela speed
Shock Rock is not bloodlusted, so plenty of time for Taylor to teleport.
Also, evidence relativistic scales to the travel speed of Shock Rock (without his astronaut armor)?

Even with Shock Rock having flight this doesn't mean that he'll fly at maximum speed the instance the fight begins. He might want to scout, or to observe/have conversation out of curiosity for example, and people under Khepri's control and not under storage can act as a distraction.

Furthermore, Khepri is not unprotected. She is surrounded by tens of trillions of insects that obscure vision, and she is also surrounded by thirty layers of portals stacked around her. Attacking the portals will simply teleport the attack away. So that is enough to buy time even if Shock Rock is bloodlusted, which he isn't.
Then I began opening portals across all of the different worlds I could reach. I began gathering bugs en masse.

I’d heard once there were ten quintillion bugs in my world. Eighteen zeroes. I couldn’t control that many. Or, to be precise, I couldn’t afford the time to collect that many.

Fourteen zeroes? If I had a dozen worlds, each with really good swamps and rainforests to tap into, my relay bugs to help extend my pitiful, three-hundred foot range? That was doable.

[...]

But I’d deployed a tenth of the bugs on my location. I was hidden within an impenetrable cloud of bugs. I raised Doormaker’s portals as shields around me.

And Khepri has an easy win-con without prep, by simply opening a portal near Shock Rock and mind haxing him.

Even with Shock Rock having flight this doesn't mean that he'll fly at maximum speed
He has always flown with superfast speed to capture enemies right after transforming in mere seconds thanks to his reaction time the thing with his Space armor that gives him this blitz type moments where he uses it to close the distance between enemies beforing eventually incapacitating her with an Energy cage or simply piercing through via "Crap tons of energy weapons listed on his profile" I don't believe Taylor Herbert is an interstellar spaceflight user compared to SR and other Omni-naut forms that Ben uses to Bust meteors so therefore overall flight expeirence of SR should definitely be leagues superior to her.

Last edited:
Even with Shock Rock having flight this doesn't mean that he'll fly at maximum speed the instance the fight begins. He might want to scout, or to observe/have conversation out of curiosity for example, and people under Khepri's control and not under storage can act as a distraction.

Furthermore, Khepri is not unprotected. She is surrounded by tens of trillions of insects that obscure vision, and she is also surrounded by thirty layers of portals stacked around her. Attacking the portals will simply teleport the attack away. So that is enough to buy time even if Shock Rock is bloodlusted, which he isn't.
And Khepri has an easy win-con without prep, by simply opening a portal near Shock Rock and mind haxing him.
Shock Rock can also BFR and has At least Kilometers wide range casually. Along with large Area of Effect (1, 2, 3) plus he has endless supply of energy he generates from his body to spam AOE from a distance meanwhile constantly flying in the orbit to his desired range to avoid trouble.

Shock Rock follows, He does interstellar portal travels throughout the galaxy and can Increase or decrease Portal sizes (He can simply just shut the portal.)
Khepri travels through universes/timelines, so interstellar travel is not useful for pursuit.
Shock Rock have to find Khepri first though tens of trillions of insects and Capes under her control; it would be too late for Shock Rock especially if he is not bloodlusted. Khepri is surrounded by hundreds of portals, and there are 29 layers of portals behind the one he would theoretically increase the size of; Shock Rock can increase the size of womrholes by supercharging them, but nothing about decreasing their size, and he doesn't seem to be able to absorb energy remotely.

He has always flown with superfast speed to capture enemies right after transforming in mere seconds thanks to his reaction time the thing with his Space armor that gives him this blitz type moments where he uses it to close the distance between enemies beforing eventually incapacitating her with an Energy cage or simply piercing through via "Crap tons of energy weapons listed on his profile" I don't believe Taylor Herbert is an interstellar spaceflight user compared to SR and other Omni-naut forms that Ben uses to Bust meteors so therefore overall flight expeirence of SR should definitely be leagues superior to her.
Enemies he know are dangerous or are causing destruction, but here he is fighting an unknown enemy so charging in at maximum speed is reckless and too bloodlusted. And he'll have to figure out trillions of insects acting as a fog, and properly Capes (including some with invulnerability such as Alexandria) under Khepri's control whose mere presence will be a distraction, so he won't be able to locate her anyway. If he decides to observe the movement of insects and other capes for clues for example, then Khepri would be in an other dimension.
Meanwhile the first thing Khepri will do is to teleport away thanks to her danger sense and precog.

Shock Rock can also BFR and has At least Kilometers wide range casually. Along with large Area of Effect (1, 2, 3) plus he has endless supply of energy he generates from his body to spam AOE from a distance meanwhile constantly flying in the orbit to his desired range to avoid trouble.
While Shock Rock has the potential to open dimensional portals, he doesn't display the skill. In fact Azmuth used a device to open a small portal and asked Ben to provide energy to expand it, instead of asking Ben to use Shock Rock to open a portal on his own.
And even if Shock Rock had the skill, he doesn't have the knowledge to track and locate Khepri, while Khepri's clairvoyance and precog will have him completely figured out and know exactly what to do to defeat him; for example she can have her Tinkers create a device that nullifies Shock Rock's powers, she fire precog-aided durability ignoring attacks from portals, or she can have precogs guide her on the right time and place to open a mindhax portal, she can create super powered clones with durability ignoring attacks using a MFTL+ Cape, etc.
Random AoE attacks, which are unlikely to land due to lack of line of sight and unlikely to be used due to lack of bloodlust, are not effective due to the portals acting as a shield.

Back