• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Muh Calculations: Number Man vs Kuroko Shirai

Potential 9-C "haxless" bracket fight

What's kuroko's most likely opening move? Number Man'd probably go for pistol shots, except his draw is the most efficient it can be and he can also fire accurately from the hip. Initial teleports could help evade but he knows what teleporters are and it's not like he wouldn't catch on and immediately check his surroundings if his opponent disappeared. Cauldron assassins don't play by the unwritten rules so his attacks are going to come out with lethal intent from the get go, whether it be his guns or physical strikes.

Her main thing is teleporting her needles right in the opponent clothes or something close to that, to restrain their movements and incapacitate them. Aside from that, she can also constantly teleport in quick sucession while kicking you several times, preferably in a way to knock you out

He can just tear his clothing, as he doesn't wear anything unusually durable. If a thing got teleported into him he'd likely focus on remaining out of her sight, and given his abilities that's probably a good bet for him. Engaging in melee combat with the guy superior to thinkers who can kill people with single strikes seems inadvisable. Even in speed equal he's just going to out react her there via math.

The young man closed in. Still smiling. **** me, was that smug smile irritating. I felt a moment's sympathy for people who'd had to face down Tattletale. I sicced my swarm on him.

He moved through the incoming insects, eyes open and unblinking as he closed the distance to me. Only a few landed, and they landed in spots where they couldn't target more vulnerable areas.
Gotta love when the clone of him as a 12 year old can perfectly maneuver through a swarm of bugs to where of the few that can even land properly nobody's in a convenient spot and he can just keep his eyes open for this

He can also set up controlled demolitions on the fly, he caused the Cauldron compound to collapse on top of Scion with some grenades in the right spot.

I'll vote him yeah. Kuroko Shirai not going for a kill to start kinda screws her over, because he will and the longer the fight goes on for the more information he has to work with and the more he can have set up.

Well, Kuroko can probably see the weapon even at this distance, and then she will teleport to a secure distance or attack him, at 150m she will need 2 teleports to attack him, the time she needs to cross this distance is basically all the time he will have to use his weapons, because Kuroko will teleport all of them the moment she can touch them, and i don't think his precog will work here.

Why would she just instantly win when she gets to him when he's ostensibly far superior in melee and can kill or induce medical problems with a single hit? I'm not exactly sure why he's just unable to predict her next move in combat either, he's kinda been doing his thing for decades and it's not like she has no unconscious cues or glances or whatever.

He can precog her normal attacks, but teleporters in ToAru are immune to espers with precog skills, so if she disappears he will be unable to predict where she will reappear.

It's not like precog precog though he just does math really well which takes prediction you could theoretically do and cranks it up to the max. She has no precog resistance listed, and some of the other profiles specifically note predicting teleporters.

Shaei is an esper with a 100% accurate prediction skill, but his powers calculate only the 3D world, and thus teleporters can change his predictions.

Whoops I just kinda forgot about this

I didn't mean mathing out the teleport, I mean predicting it the normal way but aided because he can interpret really minute body language that would give away where she's focused on and therefore most likely to teleport to. Awareness of his own surroundings is already top notch.

Also, teleporters like this are hardly an issue for the clones of him as a 12-14 year old. Titan Skadi sorta showed up in the middle of a bunch of civilians and Harbinger V and Harbinger V's still able to immediately avoid all its hits and shove civilians to properly get them out of the way.

Shaei's precog is nothing like Number Man's; that's more a shortcoming of his own than it is something inherent to Toaru teleporters.

Anyway, his precog will help him, but even with it Kuroko can still teleport his weapons away, and then do the teleportation fighting style, which he will be able to understand the style and it's weakenesses, but he has no way of stopping Kuroko from teleporting.

Doesn't she need to touch his stuff for that though

He can stop her from teleporting by just hitting her hard enough in the right place to kill, cripple, or leave her reeling long enough for a follow up be it a gunshot, lethal pencil stabbing, lethal physical strike, a shot to the eyes, etc.

Yes, she needs to touch his weapons, but at this distance, she only needs 2 teleports.

Her TFS (teleportation fighting style) includes teleporting her opponent up-side down to the air so that they can't properly fight back, and since SBA says they are willing to kill, she can first immobilize (her first move IC) and then kill him (what SBA says she will do).

Willing to kill doesn't mean they'll immediately do so if they wouldn't otherwise. Number Man would normally kill asap.

I kinda doubt her being able to touch him for that tbh, given that he can just shoot her a bunch before, predict and react to teleportstion with lethal force, and that Taylor couldn't land tiny little insects on him without them being casually brushed aside. Why would he be unable to fight back of hes in tje air? He has 2 guns and can throw things, not to mention just landing.

I didn't say she will kill at the start, i said she will immobilize (with her needles) and then she will kill him.

What would be his first move at this distance?

Whichever of the pistol or rifle is faster to draw.

The issues with immobilization were explained aboge though. He can just tear his clothes.

Right, Immobilization (which can be done with the handcuffs) and kill is still a possibility, but i will not argue it anymore.

The time he needs to draw them is at least enough to 1 teleport, the next one will be in his blind spot, then she will teleport his weapons and him at the same time, and them immobilize him in the ground and handcuff him. Btw, when she teleports her opponents she doesn't teleports them 30 meters above the ground, but 1-2 meters at most, this isn't enough time to use his 2 guns and throw things.

She doesn't need to touch his weapons to disable them. Just like she can do with anything else, she is able to teleport objects into them as well. She would almost certainly teleport her needles into his weapons ASAP. She has already done this when fighting armed opponents in the past.

Teleporting an object into a pen or something doesn't seem like it'd work too well, and she'd need to do that before being shot right off the bat. Speed's equal here, and he conceals that pistol of his.

Back