• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mr. Incredible downgrade but for real this time

Eh, in the end just cause the suit survives the damage doesn't mean the ones inside it don't suffer it at all, after all if you get shot with a bulletproof vest IRL you still get hurt by the KE of the bullet.
Yes but they still account for something, after all if you get shot without a bulletproof vest on IRL you're still gonna be wishing you put that bulletproof vest on this morning...

This would be especially true when the resisted attack is two large point blank missiles to the suit. Which is likely the only reason Helen survived that Plane explosion in the first place.

Yes but they still account for something, after all if you get shot without a bulletproof vest on IRL you're still gonna be wishing you put that bulletproof vest on this morning...
Actually, I wouldn't be wishing that, since I would be dead
This would be especially true when the resisted attack is two large point blank missiles to the suit. Which is likely the only reason Helen survived that Plane explosion in the first place.
That's true, but I think her own body would have played a part in that. Otherwise her face would have been blown away.

Actually, I wouldn't be wishing that, since I would be dead
That's fair
That's true, but I think her own body would have played a part in that. Otherwise her face would have been blown away.
I mean she stretched herself to envelope the kids when she did it, if you look carefully it actually looks like she tucked her head in for the blast to allow the suit to take the explosion. Which is some crazy attention to detail tbf.

Naicu.

I'll get the explosions calculated and then we can change her High 8-C.
Remember, she'd be like, a full meter or two away from the explosions which happen on the outside of the plane first, so inverse square law would take precedence.

Though to be fair, she did curve herself up into a ball, which would prolly increase her surface area and by extension her cross-sectional area as well, which could potentially increase the yield her suit tanks. So...

I'm still not 100% sure it should scale to her un-elasticized self even with the suit though, the "face would get destroyed" point was wrong, but I assume that turning into rubber still prevented her organs from being affected by the blast after the suit absorbed most of it. Which is why you're still through a bulletproof vest.

Remember, she'd be like, a full meter or two away from the explosions which happen on the outside of the plane first, so inverse square law would take precedence.
Yes, I'll definitely be involving Inverse Square.
Though to be fair, she did curve herself up into a ball, which would prolly increase her surface area and by extension her cross-sectional area as well, which could potentially increase the yield her suit tanks. So...
I was also thinking about that. She'll have a higher surface area as a ball that could fit 2 other people inside.

I'm still not 100% sure it should scale to her un-elasticized self even with the suit though, the "face would get destroyed" point was wrong, but I assume that turning into rubber still prevented her organs from being affected by the blast after the suit absorbed most of it. Which is why you're still through a bulletproof vest.
This value will just be for the suit, since it's only the suit that tanked both blasts. Enda's explosive demonstration was on the suit alone, and Helen tucked in anything that could be harmed by the suit before the Jet Blast.

9-A Dura for the suits yes. As Armor has brought up, it may be worth noting their durability without the suits, since this would be much lower.

But yes, it would scale to anyone who can harm them through the suits.

Achievement unlocked: How did we get here?

So what, 8-C Mr Incredible and 9-A durability for the suits otherwise? Elastigirl should probably be 9-B btw, since I'm pretty sure she restrained a tiger in one of the prequel books.

So what, 8-C Mr Incredible and 9-A durability for the suits otherwise? Elastigirl should probably be 9-B btw, since I'm pretty sure she restrained a tiger in one of the prequel books.
That's a decent point actually.
If we're considering all of the suits to be comparable, Bob's suit also endured that Omnidroid attack. Which would make all of the suits 8-C.
One could argue that's more LS than AP.
We spent this entire thread discussing this feat how dare you even imply such treachery.

However I do genuinely disagree with the Omnidroid stuff being only LS. It attacked Violet, breaking through her shields and threatening to kill her. But Bob went under and stopped it.

I'm actually back to thinking that the suits should not scale to each other. Since if they did it would cause inconsistencies, such as Bob tanking the 8-C Omnidroid, but Violet and Dash would have supposedly died to it.

I believe that Helens feats should only scale to Helen. The other characters should have feats of their own.

I'm actually back to thinking that the suits should not scale to each other. Since if they did it would cause inconsistencies, such as Bob tanking the 8-C Omnidroid, but Violet and Dash would have supposedly died to it.
I think that's where the whole "it's not their durability, it's the suits" thing comes into play. The Omnidroid could have crushed Violet's and Dash's body but the suit would still be intact.

I'll see if I can find more context for 9-B Elastigirl

Also in the pages, we should make it clear that the suits don't allow the characters to tank 8-C attacks.

Yeah cause it's 8-C, but it wouldn't have saved a weaker person wearing it.

i think it should be noted somewhere that the suits doesn't fully protect them though, otherwise in vs threads people would go like "(character) has to hit elastigirl in the face to do any damage, coupling that with her superior range and experience i think she gets the win more often than not"

Perhaps:
  • "Note: While the Incredibles Super Suits have been shown capable of withstanding attacks up to Building level. They have still shown malleable and cannot protect characters completely from attacks on this level. As was the case when the Omnidroid was seemingly going to kill Violet and Dash"

Honestly, I'm not sure if we should scale the suits to each other, since Edna made each suit different than the other, and this would also support this given the family still varies in durability despite their suits (such as Violet and Dash would've died to the Omnidroid but Mr. Incredible easily tanked that attack, Elastigirl surviving the explosion while it would've killed Violet and Dash, Jack Jack casually busting walls in his giant form and more)

Jack Jack's suit appears to have the best durability feats as far as suits are concerned.

The question still remains though - do we scale Mr Incredible to 8-B? He was severely outmatched and couldn't damage the Omnidroid himself - the most he did was knock it over with a punch. He also got ragdolled by the far weaker Omnidroid V9.

The question still remains though - do we scale Mr Incredible to 8-B? He was severely outmatched and couldn't damage the Omnidroid himself - the most he did was knock it over with a punch. He also got ragdolled by the far weaker Omnidroid V9.
Tbf Ov10’s standard attacks couldn’t penetrate Violent’s force fields and could only beat her by slamming its belly on her. Bob > Violet’s force field’s.

Making Bob 8-B and Ov10 at least 8-B is fine.

I don't think the Droid's standard AP should scale to 8-B.

Yes it can injure itself, but that seems to be through piercing. It's bladed claws are sharp enough to penetrate it's body, but it slamming it's body down or smacking something with it's arms aren't comparable. If we're going to ignore that and scale Bob to it's AP, he'd be able to harm it, which he can't.

I don't believe Bob scales to 8-B in this case. Why not just calc the KE of the crush Bob stopped?

The Omnidroid V10 being 8-B in AP is fine. If it's claws were just really sharp then Mr. Incredible could use the claw to pierce the Omnidroid himself rather than relying on its thrusters. Just that Mr Incredible is largely inferior to OV10, what with him being unable to loosen the grip of one of its claws until Violet pressed the remote. I'm pretty sure the crushing attack would be 8-C, since it was similar to the previous GPE calc which was also 8-C.

Problem being I don't see it's attack scaling to Violets shield or Bob's durability. If the AP did scale, why doesn't the Droid destroy itself with it's attack? Can someone explain that to me? For every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction, if the Droid is hitting Violet's shield and Bob with that level of energy, it should be destroying itself with it's own attack.

The thrusters by itself can't harm the Droid, at one point all of the thrusters on the Droid turn on and send it flying into a building. There's not a single scratch on the thing, and yet one thruster from a single claw could pierce straight through it.

The Droid's AP can be 8-B, but that's only with the claws. Obviously it needs some force behind it, and Bob can't produce enough force to send the claws through.

It can only scale to 8-B because it harmed itself. But all of it's attacks can't be 8-B, since that'd mean all of it's attacks should injure itself. And you can't downscale from that, since I see no reason why all of it's attacks are 8-B in strength.

My main issue is scaling Bob to 8-B, since he didn't get hit by the attack which was strong enough to pierce the Droid's body. And we can't randomly say the Droid's other attacks are 8-B but on a lesser scale, as they have no 8-B feats at all. So I think Bob should scale to the crushing feat or something else.

Last edited:
I believe that the scaling should go as such:
Omnidroid:
  • Attack Potency: At least 8-C (Was able to threaten Violet and Bob with its regular attacks, should be superior to the Omnidroid V9 which overpowered Mr. Incredible, effortlessly broke through large walls of Ice created by Frozone), up to 8-B with piercing damage (It's claws were able to penetrate through its body)
  • Durability: 8-B (Was able to survive its crash landing, could withstand the force of its own body attacks, Mr. Incredible was completely incapable of harming it)
Mr. Incredible:
  • Attack Potency: At least 8-C (Stopped and overpowered the crushing force of the Omnidroid, though he was unable to harm the Omnidroid in any way)
  • Durability: At least 8-C (Withstood the Omnidroid's crushing attack, withstood being hit by a train with many carriages)

Back