• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gingerbread Man. His higher stamina and small size would allow him to avoid Burns until he tires out. He should also be able to lift Mr. Burns, given that an ant could.

Would Mr. Burns try to be manipulative? If so he wins, my main thing is I doubt he would be in this situation when they are going straight into a fight and both are trying to harm each other. And while the Gingerbread Man is gullible, I doubt he would stop for someone attacking him. That being said, lets compare feats.

Mr. Burns durability: "A doctor implied even the slightest breeze could severely injure, or possibly even kill Mr. Burns; Was knocked out by a camera flash and thrown several meters away after being hit by a baseball, and likely only survived due to using a Baseball Bat to block the impact of the ball."

So baseballs go very fast, tbh iirc speeding baseballs can harm people that are 10-B.

TGM's best durability is that he can survive moving at superhuman speeds without crumbling or being injured.

I don't know what the KE would be but idk how it would scale to a baseball.

TGM: Stamina and Small Size are his advantages

Mr. Burns: Lifted a baseball bat, so he has the LS advantage and likely intelegence

Atm idk, I mean Gingerbread can tire out MB rather easily, but idk how long it would take to get to that point.

Well, let's look into this mathematically:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/532479-nutritional-value-in-gingerbread-men/

I don't think we care about calories, but I DO think we care about mass!

"Calories in gingerbread men cookies vary depending on the size of the cookie. A large 3-ounce cookie contains 340 calories, while a smaller 1.4-ounce cookie contains 160 calories."

1.4 ounces("Smaller")=39.6893324 grams 3 ounces("Large")=85.0485694 grams

In the original fable, the Gingerbread man was outrunning even horses. Surprisingly, our wiki lacks a page for horses (Despite having pages for dogs, cats, cows & wild boars. Seriously?! Although, pigs probably meant domestic/livestock pigs.) so let's go with what The Gingerbread Man's profile says:

Our page for the Gingerbread man cites http://www.speedofanimals.com/animals/horse which says 54.7 mph, or, if you put it in metric, 88 km/h. Google converts the former to 24.453088 m/s, & the latter to 24.4444444 m/s.

So, we have a cookie of somewhere between 39.689 & 85 grams moving at 24.44 to 24.453 m/s.

Fun. Time to make 3 ends, I guess. I'll ask Wolfram, since I'm lazy. One with minimums, one with averages, & one with high ends. (I'll use the horse speed range for speeds in these 3 ends.) I have no idea if The Gingerbread Man qualifies as a "smaller" or "large" Gingerbread cookie.

(Also, a Reddit Respect Thread cites this: https://greggs.co.uk/sweet-treats/gingerbread-ma )

Low End: 39.689 grams moving at 24.44 m/s = 11.85 joules

Mid End(Averages): 62.3445 grams moving at 24.4465 m/s = 18.63 joules

High End: 85 grams moving at 24.453 m/s = 25.41 joules

So in all 3 cases, solidly Below Average Human.

And in fact, if I recall the fable correctly, the Gingerbread Man was killed by being flipped into the air & snapped up by a fox.

There are measurements of fox bite forces documented out there, but I dunno how to convert newtons or bite force quotients to our system. If anyone knows how, please inform me.

So, let's look at our Wiki's only page for a species of fox: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Fennec_Fox 10-C, albeit, with no calculation.

Supposing the species of fox that killed The Gingerbread Man with a bite is comparable to a fox, that'd mean he can be one-shot, or come very close to it, with 10-C force.

Can a fox bite with greater than 10-C force? How many joules is it?

The reason this is relevant is because if a 10-C biting him is enough to split TGM in half, killing him, then something 11.85 to 25.41 joules (Roughly 25% to 50% of maximum 10-C force.) could almost certainly kill him, too.

And as it so happens, those are just the KE yields of him ramming himself. What I'm saying is there's a good chance Lil' Gingy ramming himself into Burns to attack would be suicide, as he's canonically died to comparable forces.

Mr. Burns has technically survived being thrown several meters back by a baseball hitting a baseball bat he was holding, & he's been shown to be able to hold & move a bat.

He might also be strong enough to take off his jacket & throw it on top of The Gingerbread Man, & "elbow drop" (Read: Fall on) him, too! Clothes covering could help immobilize him or blind him, or weigh him down so he can better be caught & snapped up.

Burns is also smarter, & apparently has better Lifting Strength.

I think the best case is Gingy rams into Burns, breaking himself, & the force knocks out or severely injures Mr. Burns.

Is killing yourself to knock your opponent out Inconclusive or a loss?

I'm voting Mr. Burns.

Doesn't Mr. Burns still have to catch him? Also GB can outlast in stamina easily. That being said, I will wait but I see Burns burning the competion via math ^^^^

Still idk I could be wrong, because, again, MB has to catch him, and you can't

@HeadlessKramerGeoff777: SBA says participants are in-character, but willing to kill. It's quite possible The Gingerbread Man COULD try to run away (It's in-character), but in that case, Mr. Burns just has to not give chase. If Burns doesn't, Gingy is just wasting his time & energy.

The issue for Montgomery there is he MIGHT be conceited enough to just try giving chase, rather than just sitting down or standing still to collect his stamina.

But if we assume "willing to kill" means The Gingerbread Man tries to go into physical combat, he probably matches up poorly. He might lose stamina if Burns has the sense to try & use his clothes to cover or bag him, since he might not be able to lift a grown man's coat.

A problem is that while Burns has always been weak, how weak is very inconsistent. Some times he can lift a bowling ball and (barely) survive a gunshot, but other times an ant can throw him off balance (albeit, Mr. Burns was only using one foot to try and crush the ant, so it wasn't his full weight) and he can get knocked back by a camera flash. GBM should have greater lifting strength than an ant.

I think last time this matchup was debated, I said this:

Even a light business suit could be as much as 1.2kgs

The Gingerbread Man weighs 85 grams, or 0.085 kilograms.

This would mean a "light business suit" is approximately 14.1183114 times The Gingerbread Man's weight. His momentum could only go so far to shove it, especially without damaging him. Running out from it MIGHT be an option, I suppose.

@Frieza force soldier 100: Weren't you just saying that was Burns at his weakest? Don't we usually assume strongest versions?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Battle_Assumptions

Character version: The strongest cano version of a character is used, that we have listed.

Gingerbread Man was one shot by a fox biting him, right? If the type of fox was 10-C... well, do we assume a minimum difference to be able to one shot something?

Ex: If we assume the fox was a 40 joules variety (Maximum 10-C) & you need 5x to be able to one-shot, that'd put The Gingerbread Man's durability at 8 joules, which is less than the force he'd deal by ramming.

And yes, he could try punching, but I'm not sure his anatomy is flexible enough for that, nor if he can actually bypassing Mr. Burn's durability without hitting harder, or even survive the impacts without damaging himself.

And scaling Gingy to his own tackles is questionable because he's never rammed anyone (AFAIK) in canon. His durability feats seem to be:

1. Surviving jumping off an oven tray, which is unlikely to be more than the old lady's height, so close to 1.5 meters at MOST. Also, an oven door is probably low to the ground, so, with an uneducated guess, I'd bet 0.5 meters. With his small size & that low height, I'm not sure the force would be notable.

2. Surviving moving at slightly less than 24.4 m/s or more. It's possible he moved faster; The number comes from him evading horses chasing him, & that's just an average horse's speed.

But given he was probably running past them at full sprint & it may have taken time for them to notice him, give chase & accelerate to full speed, he probably wouldn't need to go faster than an average horse, just mostly match the speed until he gets away.

Anyway, we don't know how much faster than a horse he can run, but with his tiny surface area, I'm no physics expert, but I doubt the air drag or pressure would be significant.

"And yes, he could try punching, but I'm not sure his anatomy is flexible enough for that, nor if he can actually bypassing Mr. Burn's durability without hitting harder, or even survive the impacts without damaging himself."

Wouldn't that be the same for running then, but he is shown running with ease?

I suppose it's possible he could run in the same way a human does. It seems a bit unintuitive, but folklore. Half of me assumed he was hopping, flipping side to side in mid-air or something, as an animate cookie might do while moving of its own accord.

Back