• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Useless Ability

Yobobojojo said:
In your opinion, what ability is the worst?

Example: Animal Manipulation
Bernkastel's kitty manipulation would like to have a word with you about animal manipulation being worthless (last time I checked the kitty manipulation is now animal manipulation)

Yobobojojo said:
Just a example
I was just pointing out that's a pretty bad example since most animal manipulation is either pretty decent or just a little thing that helps people on their journey. A better example would be low Regenerationn (also if I sound rude I apologize in advance)

The second one is the main one tho, and it's rarely ever something that'll earn you the win.

Yobobojojo said:
The second one is the main one tho, and it's rarely ever something that'll earn you the win.
I thought this thread would be about usually abilities in general. Because even limited animal manipulation outside of fights is a great power. It makes taming animals easier and can give you a companion to help you tough times, either emotionally or physically. A bad power would be something like limited sound manipulation or low Regenerationn where it does nothing but annoy you or get rid of scratches

Also it's not that animal manipulation can't be bad, it's just that it can be good. It's not a good example because characters have done tons with it. An good example has to be something that can never be good.

Reverse precognition

You can see how a situation would play out, but only after they already happened

Could be pretty useful when combined with Time Travel. But still

Ultima Reality said:
Reverse precognition

You can see how a situation would play out, but only after they already happened

Could be pretty useful when combined with Time Travel. But still
I know of a character that has that power, but I'm wondering how many more have it aswell.

Ultima Reality said:
There is a Comic Book character that has it
I seriously am wondering what writers were thinking when they came up with that power "I know lets make a character with precog, but make it work backwards... Genius!" (But i feel like I derailed the thread to much, so I'll come back later when it's got more on track).

Keeweed said:
An good example has to be something that can never be good.
That interpretation is too restrictive. In fact, the very idea that there can be a totally usless power is disputed so often in fiction it's not even funny. It's the crux of every fiction with the moral of being yourself. Trying to find a power that in theory has no posssible good uses is either flawed by nature or a attempt to dispute a ingrained part of the human psyche.

^ As poetic and nice that sounds; I think backwards precog kind of already disproved that (or the many other useless abilities writers give characters to terrorize them). (But once again I feel like I'm derailing so I'll come back later)

What about 4th Wall Awareness? Knowing the 4th Wall is there rarely makes a character any more able to help their situation than they were before.

Back