• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most tragic character for every tier

Btw, Low 5-C isn't a thing. Culexus Assasins are low 5-B, and you should probably specify that it's those dudes and not every single type of assassin. None have particularly great lives, but I'd say the blanks get it the worst. For linking with the different name, type the Officio Assassinorium with the brackets and all, put a | right after it but inside the second set, then type Culexus Assasin.

Probably KoL. DT has the potential to ascend higher, discovering more and more, whereas KoL is permanently confined to one dimensional movement.

Magnus was mutated by his deal with Tzeentch, but none of them are really untouched by the Warp. Primarchs seem to be more full on warp entities than anything else by now. I'd still say Oryx is better for 4-B than them though.

Yeah, out of all of the Primarchs he definitely got it the worst, and that's including people like Lorgar and Magnus.

He's in the OP, but how about Thanos (MCU) for High 6-B? Lost his entire planet and was called a madman when he tried to save them (in his own special thanos way), was forced to sacrifice his favourite daughter and the only person he truly loved at that point to complete his goal, etc.

Speaking of Thanos, what about Gamora and Nebula for 9-A? Taken from their planets, forced to constantly fight, one of them had many parts of her body forcefully replaced with machines; Thanos later captured and tortured Nebula so Gamora would tell him the location of the Soul Stone, and to get the Stone, he threw Gamora off a clif.

I'd say Nebula more than Gamora, since she didn't even have the 'luxury' of having a somewhat caring father figure (and Thanos went out of his way to remind her of this)

Personally I would recommend having no more than 3 characters per tier.

Maybe not for 9-B, but that description alone is pretty depressing and much more relatable than Brad. He seems good for 10-A.

Wokistan said:
Personally I would recommend having no more than 3 characters per tier.
Yes, ideally only one. Anyone can propose to remove anyone.

And yeah, for 11-A, probably White Face. The thing has been stuck inside a game for god knows how long, has been implied to have been abused beforehand and is killed by the Player at end, when he only wanted to live for a little longer.

Subaru's description is barely a drop in a deep deep pond of suffering, explaining will take several paragraphs, and i will just summarize stuff that i remember offhand, probably will miss a lot. Btw don't read this if you are anime only and don't want to be spoiled.

Summouned to another world, saw it as a new start for him, dies over and over realizes his ability is return by death, returning to back to a specific point in time by dying, dies some more, eventually solves the issues in the capital, goes to mansion thinks he made friends with the maids there, turns out they want to kill him, dies some more, eventually solves the issues there.

But still thinks he is the protag in a ln, the world decides to prove him wrong, can't tell anyone about his power, so he can't explain his situation to anyone. Gets his ass whopped by julius for white knighing emilia, emilia leaves him cause he feels the obsessive need to always be with her.

Proceeds to watch the person he cares for die over and over, everyone forget her, and again can't even explain his situation in fact when he tries to, shadowy hand or should i say satella kills emilia, so not only is rem erased from his existence, trying to explain it to emilia gets her killed, then gets killed by giant beast thing, so he decides to run away but eventually decides to stay due to rem giving one of the best speeches in recent anime imo. Everything is looking up he has gathered around him, then gets killed by his best friend julius cause crazy cultist betelguese took over his body.

And after all the issues are resolved, existence erasing whale is dead, crazy cultist who killed rem is dead, turns out he couldn't save rem cause she has been erased from existence by another crazy cultist and nobody remembers her, also crusch also got screwed her arms chopped off and memory erased, subaru proceeds to kill himself multiple times to try to go back in time and save rem but he can't.

Summarizing arc 4 is too much of a pain, essentially he dies as usual over and over, including getting eaten alive by what he thought were cute rabbits, among other painful deaths, this dude literally felt them eating him alive but could do anything or die for a while, but lets ignore all that he finally meets someone who he can tell his suffering about but turns out even that as a consequence of telling his situation to someone else when he returns from meeting that person, satella is killing everyone he cares for and he has to kill himself or she would absorb him and then he couldn't return by death anymore.

And the person he could tell his suffering to? Well turns out she isn't interested in helping him but his ability and wants to experiment with it, having him die over and over just to see the result (he accepts her offer of help oin what if story by the author and that is brutal dude kills himself just to tell his friend what the weather will be later). This is a major thing in arc 4 whether he will mercilessly sacrifice himself or value himself. He also manage to convinced an insane guy who knows about his ability and was plotting to kill everyone to be his ally but if he lets anyone die, this guy will kill everyone he loves.

Also remember his ability to essential reset time? Turns out it might not do that simply take him to parallel worlds, so everyone he thought he saved by dying, might still be dead.

After arc 5 a lot of his friends are pretty messed up. His best friend has everyone forget about him, rem is still comatose, he is screwed up cause he was poisoned and had his leg messed up, a lot of people were turned into flies etc.

And it doesn't end there, arc 6 comes around he is trying to save rem who is comatose and nobody remembers so he goes to a tower, as usual dies over and over, being burned alive his head exploding etc. When he reaches the tower, he losses his memories and somebody is going around killing his comrades and turns out that person is natsuki subaru, so somehow he or somone else possessing his body is killing his love ones over and over, and he has no memory of who he is or how he even came to the tower.

Some elaboration? Also what tiers?

@Eficiente, Killua (8-B) was put through torturous training to be an assassin and heir to the Zoldyck mantle, has very shaky relationship with his family, etc.

Hiei (8-A or 6-B), was thrown out of his home as a babe and for a time lost his sister

Hikage (High 8-C), was an orphan, was made fun of for being emotionless, lost her mother figure

Kid Goku (8-B), lost his Mom, Dad, adoptive Grandfather, and for a time his best friend and father figure

Katsuragi (High 8-C), similar to Goku but at least would in the future potentially see her parents again

Yuno Gasai (9-B), similar to Killua but was an orphan in the beginning and in her childhood was constantly mistreated/tortured by her adoptive parents

Haruka (High 8-C), also similar to Killua but faced to torture of objectification from being treat like a doll along with having a corrupt physician of a father

Magus (5-A), ripped from his sister/family at a young age because of curiosity and wished to summon Lavos to repent for than mistake

Frog (5-A), saw his brother die in front of him, was cursed by Magus

Although you could have looked them up

There are many Kingdom Hearts character for High 4-C, but I'm not sure who would be most tragic between them tbh. I'd say either Roxas, Xio, or Ventus

I can't choose lol, they had it one worse than the other. It was already hard getting it down to these three

For 2-C there's Uzume Tennouboshi/Kurome Ankokuboshi

She was the beloved ruler of her nation, but her power was growing and she became unable to control it. For this reason she sealed herself and made it so that everyone forgot about her existence. Years passed, and her memories started to be distorted. She came to believe that her people hated her and viewed her as a monster, and from her nightmare of destroying the world an entire dimension was born. She was then split into two entities, one of which didn't remember the past and started fighting for this world in ruin alone as the only human alive (Uzume). Her other self (Kurome), who kept her distorted memories, tried her best to unseal herself and destroy the world she came from, bearing all the hatred built in all those years. To save it, Uzume, after regaining her memories and defeating Kurome, decided to destroy the only thing keeping them alive, and stood back to let everyone else escape from the collapsing dimension, but survived thanks to a little amount of energy left. Kurome came back due to sheer hatred and negative energy. In all of this, their true self, still sealed, was actually already dead, and knowing this, Uzume used the last bit of energy she had to defeat Kurome once and for all. After the others escaped from that dimension, Histoire brought up a method for trying to revive her, which was actually made up from her hopes of it actually existing, but they tried anyway. Uzume and Kurome had another last battle that would've decided which one of the two would be revived, but the former realized that she had to accept her own hatred, and in the end, they came back as one

Honestly for 9C I'd have James Bond over composite human. He is constantly losing the ones he loves, he lost M which was his only friend in Skyfall he got Married once, wife got killed. Was gonna get married again, girl got killed. He trusts no one because of it and can't let people in. He's awesome and great but he's also an alcoholic who has the most alcoholic martini imaginable. He's a badass but also a tragic character

I only know the version of him from fox and some tv shows, but isn't Magneto supposed to be a super tragic character?

I think he's a Holocaust survivor and kinda set up to parallel someone like Malcom X as opposed to Xavier's MLK, but not much else.

Back