• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Cringe-Inducing Moment in Fiction

that moment where in fossil fighters where it turns out that the police captain is the leader of boot leg Team Rocket, and defeats your team with a bootleg god who is also a dinosaur, after which you kill it with a t rex god. However, it is revealed that he was actually hired by aliens who want to use ancient statue technology to turn everyone into germs. However, the statues have AI which accidently end up summoning a planet eating tadpole with three brains that you fight with dinosaurs.

Isn't this still funny?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9AdMbyTu_o

Anyone...?

That came out in 2017.

They were making a Heath Ledgers Joker parody in 2017...

Remember when Peter was actually pretty likable? It's hard to believe that in the earliest episodes, one of Peters flaws was being pretty nice.

@Paulo

Not only that, but they use one from like, 2007 that has long since died.

Did the executives at Wendy's go on like, 9gag for the first time and think: "Oh, THIS is what all the kids are into these days! It all about 9gag and... MySpace."

I normally don't find Adventure Time cringey despite how weird it can get but that bee that tried that thing with Finn's new arm was really awkward to me

Also in Fossil Fighters, when in turns out that the Ptera-riding cowboy that the protagonist and his friends idolize was actually possesed by a ancient Dino sorcerer who knocked his skull out with a headbutt and magically knocked out his skull and placed his own skull in. The cowboy's skull makes a Team Skull prototype with outcasts and uses skeleton dinosaurs to strongarm people and turn hotsprings into grape jelly.

Js250476 said:
I normally don't find Adventure Time cringey despite how weird it can get but that bee that tried that thing with Finn's new arm was really awkward to me
I think that whole arc was supposed to be really awkward. Finn was going through a really rough puberty and all.

I guess so but still that was a little much I think. anyway remember that scene in Regular Show where Mordecai had to do that really cringey thing in front of Margret? Glad they didn't show it on screen

Yobobojojo said:
Also in Fossil Fighters, when in turns out that the Ptera-riding cowboy that the protagonist and his friends idolize was actually possesed by a ancient Dino sorcerer who knocked his skull out with a headbutt and magically knocked out his skull and placed his own skull in. The cowboy's skull makes a Team Skull prototype with outcasts and uses skeleton dinosaurs to strongarm people and turn hotsprings into grape jelly.
It makes more sense in context though.

any opening introducing the main characters while freezing their faces in the screen while a music plays in the background and their names appear below their faces....

no, actually, scratch that, all openings are cringe.... except a few

Ultima Reality said:
any opening introducing the main characters while freezing their faces in the screen while a music plays in the background and their names appear below their faces....
no, actually, scratch that, all openings are cringe.... except a few
Any intro that has them yell their names,

Back