• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Cringe-Inducing Moment in Fiction

Where was Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne during 9/11, EHHH?!?

Seriously though, hearing those old people saying the words "Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne" was cringy in-and-of itself.

Anime where the main focus is shipping.

I don't mind romance in a good story, so long as it fits and isn't super forced. I tried reading the last chapter of Fairy Tail and it was basically a chapter devoted entirely to shipping.

Seriously, I'm not kidding, they literally just spend the whole final chapter shipping characters.

Akreious said:
Most animes where the main love is unnecessarily cruel to the protagonist JUST BECAUSE she's a "tsundere".
This

Also main characters so dense that I wonder why they still haven't turned into a black hole

I've read WN and LN where the girl already kissed the MC and the MC still thinks that they're just friends and she has no feelings towards him

How is that humanly possible?!

Romance is fine as long as it's done right. (I'm looking at you Kishimoto...)

A Tsundere character is fine as long that doesn't completely define her personality, and only her romantic interactions. Even, then, if she's why more 'tsun' than 'dere', I get annoyed.

I get the humor is supposed to come from the character trying to cover up her feelings by acting abrasive or cold and going a little over the top but still.

I also like when tsunderes are more uptight and brash as opposed to cruel or downright abusive. Sometimes I feel they take it too far and make a character seem more meanspirited rather than cute as they intend it.

Akreious said:
For those reasons outlined above, I like animes where the protagonist is hyper aware. He embraces the harem of girls flocking to him and when one goes total b8tch mode, he runs for it. Smart protags are the best protags.
A harem protagonist can't be self aware cause then it'd be a hentai lol

Back