• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Badass Person in Fiction

People can chose from Manga, Anime, Games, Movies, RL-Series etc

Simply write the most badass person you can think of :)

RULES:

Name a Badass Char and its origins,

the reason, can even be a silly one,

write a comparison where he is one-shotting others in a certain sense (as shown in my example)

I chose.....Akira Banchou from Kongou Banchou.

The Reason: He does care!!! XD it has been a long time since i saw such a man, his "man"-power is so immense that his normal body wasnt able to contain it so he turned into a f*cking gaint :^D

Goku recieves a gender bend if he is to close to this super-man XD

Wouldn't call him the most badass person in fiction. But I find him worth mentioning.

There's Ford Pines, who survived several decades within the portal. A place so terrifying it mentally scarred another man for life just by looking at it for a few seconds. This place was also described by Alex Hirsch as "the type of place Bill and his friends like to hang out with.

You know, the same guys who rearrange people's faces, freeze people alive, have monuments of severed corspes screaming for all of eternity and eat each other all for fun.

Ford, a mere human, LIVED in this utter hellhole for decades, The home of some of the most terrifying and depraved creatures in the multiverse. A place where other men are driven to insanity just looking at it for mere seconds.

And not only did Ford survive decades in here, he does not seem fazed in the absolute slightest. No visions, trauma, PTSD or anything from this ordeal. He still has the time to crack jokes, play games and have fun with his family like nothing had happened.

On top of the fact that he regularly opposes Tier 2s with full knowledge they can instantly annihilate him. Ford has some massive balls...

^it is subjective afterall but man you choose some steel-balls-possesing man...kind of makes me want to see that cartoon now XD

@GreatestSin Lol thanks. Gravity Falls is more like a Disney children's show with a bunch of darker undertones though. So best to not expect the whole show to have those levels of badassery.

I definitely recommend it all around though. It has clever writing, humor and heartwarming moments both kids and adults could appreciate.

It's also the only western cartoon on this site to have Tier 1s lol

Well shoot as I have know most characters are truly badass. Doomguy being the example or rather the 2015 version of Doomguy for this. Not so sure if I can pick one though as my memories are being iffy on me as it is.

Starkiller215 said:
Well shoot as I have know most characters are truly badass. Doomguy being the example or rather the 2015 version of Doomguy for this. Not so sure if I can pick one though as my memories are being iffy on me as it is.
He died. He literally died and he got back up and continued kicking the inhabitants of hell's ass. The original Doomguy could be the same person as the 2015 incarnation.

@Colonel Hmmm true, but I believed there is a source or two regarding that doom 4 being a reboot of the original as it was simply was named "Doom"(2016). I might actually could pick more than just one character for this as well, but only one as OP stated.

In Doom64, Doomguy stays behind to keep hell in check. In the new game, there is a codex that talks about the Doom Marine keeping hell in check through countless battles. Still the Original Doomguy is my favourite badass character.

The undisputable badass

In Hirasawa's recent interview, he speaks about why he uses "Ha-iii" frequently within the tracks he creates for Berserk. You may struggle to understand the relevancy of such a topic, but when you read this following excerpt you will understand fully on how it relates with Guts being a badass.

"Haa-iii" has been, a notable term I've used in all Berserk songs in which I recorded. Eh, it doesn't have any specific meaning, it was used to embody the gusty force. But upon this series, for some reason it connected to 'ash (pronounces 'hai' in Japanese)' in my mind. That's where the songwriting started. And, um, subjects(poplulace) being treated like ash, suffering from the God based on oppression and fear. The song aims for an image where the subjects overcome that oppression and fear, they display greater force than the God. "

@Saikou Isn't Wakfu a game first and a cartoon second? Also, Adventure Time might have a High 2-A, but I'm not far enough in the series to know that.

Also, gotta agree with Ryu. Ford is a huge badass in his own right. Going from being trapped in a literal hellhole to playing Dungeons and Dragons in a few days w/out any issue? Amazing.

@Austrian-Man-Meat

Kenshiro will always remain closer to my heart and feel more badass to me than Guts for one reason or another. Probably because every guy in the house since my grandfather watched it and loved it. I still have to hoot and holler when I watched Kenshiro walk thorugh a falling skyscraper with ease.

Another great example is Jack Raka, who busts mountains by posing in the most hammy ways possible and brought himself back from being erased from existence because he was bored. Granted, he couldn't stay in material form for very long the first time, and needed some help the second time, but yeah...

Fal 'Chavamee should be up there, he took down an entire plasma armed Covenant army with two swords. This included 30 foot Hunters, Wraiths, and other sword-armed elites

Well it's pretty obvious who I think is the most badass character in fiction

Kenshiro, why you may ask, becasue he truly is the grandfather to all things badass, the man went through absolute hell to get to where he was at, being stabbed multiple times in the shape of his famous Big Dipper symbol all while getting his fiancé stolen right in front of him as he is left to die.

Then after embarks on a huge badass journey where's he sees innocent people all get slaughtered,raped, enslaved, pretty much all the above, and he still remained his composure and saved those people.

The cool and unique thing that Hokuto No Ken(Fist of The North Star) did was how they treated death. In most mainstream or even lower mangas, death is treated not so special, their deaths aren't all that big of a deal, in some mangas death almost never happens and they comeback goodd as new. But in HNK, every death mattered, from the smallest old man to the strongest warrior, they were all treated special and Kenshiro always took up that pain and suffering and turned it to love and strength. Every single person in HNK had a purpose with each death it had significance, and too me that was something amazing about it.

With most mangas, main characters usually get everything in the end and everyone has their happy ever after kind of cliche. But not kenshiros, after his whole journey comes to a conclusion, a journey filled with blood and a lot of MANLY TEARS, he's had to personally watch or fight to the death with all his brothers,friends, and even closest allies, and to add to that list of deaths, once he finally reunited with his "spoilers lol if you want to read the manga" once thought dead fiancé, he learns that she has only several years left(thankfully raoh sacrificed some of his life force so she may have lived a little longer.)

At the end of it all, he's left with only three of some of closest companions, and he was still okay with that. Most would have either gone purely evil or insane from that kind of trauma. But he turned their deaths into strength for himself, and with each one he grew stronger,faster, and wiser. His ending was just like himself,pure awesomeness.

The story of Ken and fist of the North Star, are the reasons like other badass mangas like berserk or Jojo are the way they are today. And while the mangas popularity has faded with time ;-;, it's legend is still as grand as ever

That's what makes Kenshiro the granddaddy of badassery, he was a dude who took on the whole world, and suffered its sins and destruction, but still came out on top and created peace and love, now that is Badass to me.

PS:[ALSO WAS THE ONE WHO CREATED THE DEFINTION OF MANLY TEARS]

You know what gotta give some shoutouts to some other underrated manly, badass muthertruckers in fiction.

Punisher: this guy has no powers or special enchanced abilities, he's just got two things guns and a badass attitude, this guy with nothing but his badassery was even able to take on the marvel universe by HIMSELF, he definitely contends for most badass in fiction as well.

Hulk: most only look at the hulk as some mindless brute who only knows how to smash (lol pause), but he's got one of the most tragic backstories in comics IMHO, not to mention most don't even know or realize but the hulk tries his absolute best not to hurt other people with his powers and strength, legit no joke he calculates every attack he throws in order to make sure no civilian gets hurts from his attacks on a foe. And he still gets no credit and is hunted down and fought by pretty much everyone. He's a genuine badass in my book.

@DarkLK

I'm not sure if MegaMan.EXE would count as adorable, but he's certainly small and nice.

He takes his death from congenital heart failure exceedingly well, manages to hide his identity from his mother and brother for ten years without a word, fights countless net monstrosities at his own expense (including the Life Virus, which would have destroyed the planet, Gospel, which would have fused the Cyber and Real Worlds together, Alpha, the freaking Cyber World itself, Duo, an interplanetary digital god, Nebula Grey, the embodiment of humanity's inner darkness and sin, and was willing to jeopardize his own mind and body to contain the Cybeasts).

Not to mention the fact that he dies again but also takes that in stride since his family and loved ones are what matter most him. He takes all the trauma, all the pain, all of the stress that would crush any normal man like a champ, soldiering on in the face of impossible odds.

Yeah, I think he counts.

DarkLK said:
This thread needs some badass adorable.
would Harlequin(King from NNT) fit? he is the only one i can remember right now :(

PS: guys, we have to little amount of female badass's, who knows some?

i only remember Merlin from NNT :( (im rereading the story must be because of that XD)

Wait wut? Darth Sidious? Is this a joke? Lol

Also @Reppu I'd personally pick Zero for a badass mm character. Harpuia is also pretty cool IMO

I'd also pic Batman and Vader. Tough pic for#1 tho

lets make a poll: Who from the Zatch Bell universe deserves the title badass?

my answer: kanchomes partner first, than the MC, than kanchome himself, than zatch bell, than etc etc etc, this story is full of people i love beyond words :)

ThePerpetual said:
Criminally underated.

But seriously though. Imagine God, the creator of everything you know, just asked you to become a being like him...

Then you proceed to beat the crap out of him for taking your daughter.

Now that is the true meaning of badass.

Back