• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat CRT Part 2: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from this thread.

Speed feats to be calc'd:

Just so that the High 7-C dudes have an actual rating in combat, movement and reaction speed.

- Havik using the Amulet of Shinnok to fire a blast that reaches a ship sitting at the horizon. Some pics for reference.

- Scorpion blitzing a Lin Kuei assassin.

- Sub-Zero sliding away from an explosion of a missile.

- Sub-Zero dodging another explosio from a laser guided missile from Sektor.

Things to be evaluated:

- Limited Matter Manipulation for Shinnok.

Here, Shinnok releases a blast of red magic that looks similar to the one he does in his intro.

And this is the result of his magic shown in his intro, a demon turned into embers that soon turn into dust in the wind.

Cage says here that Sonya could've died if she took that hit, which is stated to be from the amulet instead of Shinnok. Of course she was actually hit by Shinnok's power rather than his own amulet. Hmmm...

His amulet can do the same as well, turning some Outworld Imperial soldiers into embers as well.

Feel free to disagree with this.

- High 7-C key for Takeda.

Before he took on Havik and the possessed warriors, he was amped by the Jinsei. Fujin, who was also amped, claimed that he could tear down a mountain, so we have a justification for his AP. Jinsei Powered Takeda endured Raiden's electricity and this Jinsei energy protected him from the amulet's blast for a while, so we have another justification for his durability. I forgot to say that this key has a weakness, this amp is only temporary and can be nulled by dark magic like Shinnok's amulet (makes sense since he can use the amulet to corrupt the Jinsei)

- Soul Attack Resistance, Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation for Erron Black.

First, you might be thinking, is this wank?

No it's not. Souls in the MK verse have the ability to slow down someone's age and increase the longevity of the person. You need a lot of souls to sustain your age over a hundred years.

"Nearly 150 years ago, Erron Black had been hired by Shang Tsung to assassinate an Earthrealm warrior. In return, Shang had slowed Black's aging process. He could therefore afford to be patient. If an employer wanted someone dead, they would be in time. A team of young Earthrealm warriors had caused Erron Black's current employer, Kotal Kahn, much inconvenience. With the patience of a viper, Black eliminated them all."

It seems that Erron Black was born somewhere during the 1800s if we do the math. Shang Tsung would need a sufficient amount of souls to sustain Erron Black if he were to live from 1863 to 2013 (since MKX started development during this year before its release). This means he has a number of souls that could help him against soul attacks since destroying one of his souls is not enough as there is still others in stock. The amount of souls in his body also help against mindhax since Takeda couldn't use his mind powers against Ermac because of the amount of souls (which have their own minds as well) in his body which overwhelmed his mind.

OG Timeline Quan Chi has Time Stop based on this video. Yes, endings aren't canon but they are an accurate representation of what kinds of powers characters have. For example, Johnny Cage's MK9 ending revealed that he is a descendant of warriors who are bred to fight the gods themselves which was proven by Havik in the MKX comics. Anyone who defeats Blaze gains godlike power as seen in the intro of MK9 where it was Shao Kahn who killed Blaze.

It's possible but its not implied yet that Erron has souls in him that slows his aging process, Shang Tsung was able to create Noob and Mileena, so he might would have found another way to slow Erron age. Also the resistance should be given if he has many many souls.

Looking at the ending again, I didn't see Shang giving him souls or something.

Also Takeda's tier 7 key should be named "Jinsei Powered" Taks and the weakness should be "Can be burned away by dark and corruptive magic that affects the soul" and it makes sense since the Amulet of Shinnok (or Shinnok himself) was used to corrupt the Jinsei which was the same power source of Takeda's amp. He was being burned by Havik when he used the amulet on him.

Takeda stuff seems fine. For Freddy sure, scale him to Jason. He had a profile, but it was poorly structured he has also an Unknown key when he is in the Dream Realm.

Kratos was 9-C at his lowest, I'm pretty sure

Then Kep came in and flashed his blaintly superhuman spartians and his pocket Dimension feats

Unless there's proof of Shang Tsung explicitly giving Erron Black souls, Black shouldn't have those abilities. I don't think it is wank, but it's a good thing you pointed out.

I guess Matter Manipulation is fine since I checked the page itself, Shinnok can have this ability but I do not see why it is limited if he can disintegrate people into dust with a blast.

Looking at this I believe Kratos have:

- Petrification (Is that the Medusa Head ?), Statistics Amplification (Those boots apparently enhances his speed), Light Manipulation (Can blind his opponents with another head lol), Minor Fire Manipulation (with those arrows and those blades), Attack Reflection

8-B and Supersonic

@Dante I'd also suggest Status Effect Inducement for the Head of Helios blinding fools and Resistance to I want to say Mind Hax (Would not have his will bent by Shao Kahn) as well as Attack Reflection (Guy makes Kahn a joke thanks to that)

Honestly though I'd suggest likely Low 7-B as well for the guests since in their non canon endings (Remember the charactrers are non canon) they are able to best the game bosses.

Then, i think Cyber Sub, Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor should not have Limitless stamina unlike Triborg and the Revenants if they retain the organs that limits stamina and can be knocked. So, they should have very high stamina if they have what i said above.

While i agree with possibly for Kratos since there is an imply that he can possibly take on Raiden/Fujin, i don't not think the same for Kratos and Jason since they're ending are what if they killed Shao/Shinnok, Jason also easily kills Liu Kang in his own ending. The Predator Profile has his Apex Predator Key from his ending, but does not normally scale to Shinnok.

I mean again tho they're non canon so why not have the what If endings? I mean by definition they're there as a what if

That because they are Guest characters they maybe should not scale to endings such as Jason defeating Shinnok and Liu Kang. Its like Tremor becoming as strong to Raiden/Fujin, for now the only exception is Predator who is scaled as at least 8-B, but has the Apex Predator key which would happen if he defeated Shinnok.

The difference is Tremor is canon to the MK series (shows up quite a bit in the comics)

That said I can buy not scaling them but I'd have to argue for the opposite

Guys, what do you think of limited matter manip for Shinnok, resistance to soul manipulation for the Netherrealmers and time stop for Quan Chi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back